Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times

Advertisements

The liberal media is just a crock of sh**. The media is so biased its sick.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Nearly 100% of people under 30 support gay marriage. It's mostly old angry white men in the South who are still stuck in the 1950s believing marriage is between a man and a woman.
nearly 100% or is it closer to 75% ?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You have made it quite clear in your previous posts that you do not give a rat's butt about the rights of others and don't want to "waste time", but yet you come back to reiterate. Strange...
Oh quite wrong you are, I care very much about everyones rights, it's just I don't feel that gay marriage should be such a big deal at this time and date. Believe me, we have some serious problems financially in this nation and world and I believe they are just trying to distract the public. And unfortunately it is working.

I meet very few people who even have a clue about the worlds financial disaster happening right now and don't even want to talk about because it is an unpleasant and somewhat complicated issue. But it is a much more important issue than gay marriage today. Because if you think things are just fine in the world today your eyes are closed.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's to keep people like you from pulling "facts" out of their a$$es.
How's that working out so far?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Oh quite wrong you are, I care very much about everyones rights, it's just I don't feel that gay marriage should be such a big deal at this time and date. Believe me, we have some serious problems financially in this nation and world and I believe they are just trying to distract the public. And unfortunately it is working.

I meet very few people who even have a clue about the worlds financial disaster happening right now and don't even want to talk about because it is an unpleasant and somewhat complicated issue. But it is a much more important issue than gay marriage today. Because if you think things are just fine in the world today your eyes are closed.
Good attempt to convolute the issue at hand. If you want to complain or debate about financial issues there are many threads for that. If someone is being directly affected by the gay rights issue, this thread is an outlet and debate for them, it is fine for you to not partake...but alas, here you are and here you've been for several pages. Who do you think you are fooling? Go start a thread on issues that you feel are worthy and spare us your nonchalance on an issue that is very important to many people.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
it's just I don't feel that gay marriage should be such a big deal at this time and date.
Well, it's kind of a big deal to the people who are directly affected by it.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, it's kind of a big deal to the people who are directly affected by it.

"Lets not worry about freeing the slaves right now, we have Reconstruction to deal with."

"Lets not worry about Nazi Germany, we have Japan to worry about."

"Lets not worry about child labor or womens rights, we have a Depression to worry about."

The only reason it IS a big deal is because religous zealots are fighting tooth and nail agaonst equality. In a rational world, Congress would pass a law the majority of Americans want, and the president would sign it. It should take 30 minutes, but it has to be a huge issue for whatever reason, just like desegregation and integration fought years of pointless resistance.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:

I suspect most people are very aware of the problems with the economy, both domestically and internationally. They might not want to talk about it because they feel that there is little they can do about it. But with the Supreme Court preparing to address this issue, it is newsworthy and it's something that people feel they can involve themselves in. Because regardless of how the Supreme Court rules, people will still have their opinions on this issue, the court ruling won't change those opinions, but some people may end up feeling their opinions are validated by the court. And validation is important to many people.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
When people are citizens, voting is a right that is conferred by the constitution. The same rule doesn't apply to marriage, since it is not a right.
As usual, you are very confused.

Regardless of whether you realize it, women and black men were citizens from birth at least since the ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment, but that did not confer on them the right to vote.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
You don't watch TV shows (where everybody has a nice, harmless gay friend or neighbor) or watch the news or read magazines (where gay marriage is always topic number one)? Or read social media where the gay agenda is pushed every day?

Gay Marriage: Not The Biggest Issue For Voters
Media doesn't present anything that doesn't sell, so if their are friendly gay neighbors on more tv shows, it's because economics of the business supports them being presented. Most people do have gay neighbors, whether or not they know or acknowledge it. Most people know gay people and encounter them in just about every aspect of their daily lives. To pretend otherwise is ignoring reality. In any case, blame capitalism for gay people in media, not media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies