Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know the trial itself should not be about race. However the charges were brought forth after Al Sharpton and his gang showed up here and helped organize the predominately black demonstrations that became very political. Those pressures led to these charges against GZ even though the investigators found no wrong doing after six interviews, a video walk through and a lie detector test..... All with no lawyer.
No, activists came to the aid of a murdered teenager's parents when they reached out for help because they felt as if they were being ignored. If they had called you, would you and yours have rallied around them in support?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know the trial itself should not be about race. However the charges were brought forth after Al Sharpton and his gang showed up here and helped organize the predominately black demonstrations that became very political. Those pressures led to these charges against GZ even though the investigators found no wrong doing after six interviews, a video walk through and a lie detector test..... All with no lawyer.

the charges were brought forth because his parents were outrage that their son, an unarmed young kid walking home was shot in the heart and killed. the police did not seem to the parents satisfaction to look into it as they should. the parents community helped to bring the killing some much needed scrutiny.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:48 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
These folks will NEVER acknowledge actual documented proof (in the form of police records and court records) of George Zimmerman's arrests for violence. They would rather make up a fantasy juvie record for Trayvon that does not exist because otherwise they can not justify their support of GZ.

To acknowledge that George Zimmerman was arrested 3 times for violent offenses is to acknowledge that GZ has the most compelling history of violence and aggression....and most likely was the aggressor against TM.
That is so true.

I have posted links to pages and pages of police reports on the assaults of the police officer and his girlfriend time and time again, yet the Zimmerman fans on here never go to the actual documents, and then keep stating the same lies over and over and over again....

Even if the charges were reduced or pled out, doesn't mean he didn't assault someone. He still did the assaults, there were witnesses.

Charges are often reduced in pre-trial stuff and a person avoids conviction for a felony by pleading to a misdemeanor and agreeing to attend court-mandated classes instead. That doesn't mean they didn't perpetrate the violence---they in fact admit they did the violence, and plead out. It's totally different from charges being dismissed for lack of evidence or something like that.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
I think we all realize that Z is not guilty and will never kill again.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I was suspended from school twice. Once in 9th grade for being the lookout while a classmate riflied through other backpacks in gym class and once in 11th grade involving a fight. At 17 I was a A-B student and in a ton of clubs. Always knew I was gonna go to college. Went to church every Sunday. Was respectful to my mom & other adults. Babysat. Had a job working at an elementary school. Volunteered at the nursing home.

But I sent my boyfriend x rated letters (I graduated before text messaging was the norm). Fooled aroud in the back seats of cars. I skipped classes and hung out in the band room. Drank wine coolers at the block parties. Cussed like a sailor when no adults were around. Smoked cigarettes behind the gym. Was a horrid verbal bully in certain circles because I knew no one would be bold enough to hit me. Stole food from the cafeteria. Talked slick to strangers, especially those I perceived to be minimum waged.

Was I a thug? Did I deserve to be shot? Was I a good kid? Good student? Was I a rude lil bih? Depends on who you ask. At the time I had no idea who I was...my personality just migrated from one situation to the next depending on how peopl

e expected me to act. I suspect most of my friends were the same way. The Nat I was with my friends was not the Nat I was at home and the Nat I was at home was not the Nat I was at church. A lot of the things I went along with were just done because that's what I was *supposed* to do. I actually hated a lot of things I did but it was part of my rep to be the loud talking smart mouthed girl that made everybody laugh so I played my role.

I envy all of you who went straight from diapers to adulthood.

All this info about who Martin was is really irrelevant. I don't know what anyone hopes to gain by proving the kid had bad grades....since when did having bad grades warrant being shot?
My life was not much different than yours. Like you I never assaulted anyone not even in the two instances I was followed.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,037,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Heck, today even the state agreed that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
Yeah for the 10 seconds that Good witnessed.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Being suspended three times by February in a school year is a MAJOR PROBLEM. I'm sure if it was your kid you would think it was a major problem ... but you cut TM slack for some reason. Why?

It was dualing restraining orders for domestic violence - and both were dropped by the way.

Anyway, no I wouldn't call George Zimmerman a thug. I believe TM jumped him and beat the crap out of him ... the beating is obvious. Trayvon was the aggressor .. not GZ.
Zimmerman announced himself as a creep wanting to do Trayvon harm.

Trayvon articulated back, you picked the wrong guy, creep!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,087,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the reason why its about race is because they wouldve never let a black man go roam free for 40 days if he killed a white guy under the same circumstances. he wouldve been arrested immediately.
That's possible.... But after witness accounts, and it being here in Sanford, that might not be the case. We're a relatively small community, it's not like we are Chicago.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think we all realize that Z is not guilty and will never kill again.
Won't he have to go to prison to find religion?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Yeah for the 10 seconds that Good witnessed.
Good equivocated his own testimony.

The guy is a gamer jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies