Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I also want to point out these things are aimed at CHILDREN, not adults. You probably won't see a dad and his 30 year old virgin daughter at one.
yeah, there were kids in the documentary who could not have been older than 9. take that little girl to a baseball game or the zoo. wtf are you doing there with a girl who isn't even thinking about sex? but then again, they don't even want these girls kissing boys, so maybe that's why they get 'em young. I can see a girl staying a v until she's married if she chooses, but no kissing? stealing a kiss has been part of courting forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
A young woman pledging her virginity to her dad is creepy, indeed.
How about fathers "giving away" daughters at a wedding? Does this also imply incest in your mind?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
How about fathers "giving away" daughters at a wedding? Does this also imply incest in your mind?
I don't agree with fathers giving away their daughters, either. Women are not possessions to be passed around from man to man.

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
What's with the word "creepy?" I've seen it several times in this thread. Is it meant to imply that the fathers who attend these events are sexually interested in their own daughters? Do people actually believe this or is it just intended as an insult to them?
These things are focused on sex and virginity and letting dad be the man in your life until he hands you over to your husband. You don't find that even a little creepy? BTW, girls and guys have been staying virgins until marriage without balls or daddy devotion...but because it's their choice to do so. WHAT is really the point?

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
What's with the word "creepy?" I've seen it several times in this thread. Is it meant to imply that the fathers who attend these events are sexually interested in their own daughters? Do people actually believe this or is it just intended as an insult to them?
I don't believe the fathers want the girls for themselves or anything. maybe inappropriate is a better word. intrusive maybe?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I don't believe the fathers want the girls for themselves or anything. maybe inappropriate is a better word. intrusive maybe?
I've seen videos of these things, creepy is exactly what popped into my head. Can't help that.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Women are not objects to be passed from man to man, nor are they objects to be kept 'pure' so a man can use them.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:

you are jealous of girls who have self respect
"they are just jealous" is what your mom tells you when you are mocked by your peers for being weird. It's not actually true.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[/b] Oh ..I get it...God is not substantial.....
If God was substantial, whence the requirement for transubstantiation? People have gone to the stake over the question.

Quote:
Would you rather a ceremony where dads dress their daughters up like sluts and parade them before strange men and then pledge to never interfere with what they want to do?? Would that be more "real world" for you?
I'd rather a ceremony to stamp out the fallacy of the excluded middle, because it's rampant in this day and age..

Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I've seen it several times in this thread. Is it meant to imply that the fathers who attend these events are sexually interested in their own daughters?
Clearly interested in their daughters' sexuality. Slight difference. Still creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies