Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you have a better way to determine if a law is valid?
Seeing if it follows the U.S. Constitution based on its original intent and respects the individual rights of the American people?

This is something which would probably be a good idea for me to ask this Facebook friend of mine. He might be able to provide a much more elaborate and detailed answer to your question.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
You don't have to be religious to be married, so your argument is a fail.

Also you obviously don't know what secularism means, you probably don't even know what the phrase "Seperation of Church and State" means either, or where it actually comes from. It doesn't mean that religious values or beliefs can't be expressed or seated in public or Government, it simply means that there can be no such thing as a "State Church" or that the Government cannot force you to go to church or go against your personal religious (or lack there of) beliefs.

Most atheists and lefties do not know this. It's due to them probably having a sub par education at best, brainwashed by liberally biased professors.
Article VI of the constitution:
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation. This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Now perhaps you can show me where in the constitution it say all laws must conform to a particular version of the Christian bible? And don't even try to pass off that your objection to same sex marriage is not directly due to your interpretation of the Christian bible.
What it basically boils down to is do you believe that the laws should apply to all citizens or should exceptions be made to some otherwise law abiding segment simply because you and others think they don't conform to your interpretation of the Christian bible, or any other holy book you might choose.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Black man and white woman

No wonder you can't see the comparison.

Black man white woman

That is what is comparison. they were being discriminated simply because of hteir race, for which they can't control

gays are being discriminated simply because of their sexual preference, for which they can't control

Really, its not that hard (well, unless you are Michael Jackson)

Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,278 times
Quote:
I don't support gay marriage, I believe marriage is only between a man and a woman. However the liberals and gay activists seem to instantly try and slander you as a hateful and intolerant homophobe simply because you happen to share a difference of opinion, which to me doesn't sound like they're being very tolerant themselves.

I have no problem being around gays, I work with several, go out to lunch with them, have gay family members come over, I even gave a gay person a ride to the hospital because he didn't want to pay for an ambulance. I also have hired and trained gay people at my job. If I was a homophobe would I be doing this? I do admit that I have some issues with lesbians however because most of them from my experience have always hated men and tried to put me down. A homophobe is in reality someone who hates or harasses or is afraid of gay people. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with them.

The thing is most Conservatives don't have a problem with gays either, and many of us are willing to agree to allow civil unions with equal benefits, however trying to call it marriage is simply wrong as it violates the term entirely. I think that the reason gay activists and liberals call people homophobes so often is because they want to silence people, they want to censor those they disagree with. They are not interested in tolerating other people, what they want is to try and justify their lifestyle and wanting to force it onto others, try and make it seem "normal" to live like that.

To me the gay activists and liberals are Religiousphobe. Wanting to deny people their religious rights to disagree, or not to support them. Just look at the Bakery incident as proof of religious discrimination. I think they should also be called heterophobes.

Really gay people, you guys need to stop bullying others and just accept the fact that everyone has the right to believe what they want, even if they disagree with you. Refusing to accept this fact makes you the true bigots and hurts your cause drastically.
LOL you believe in nonsense and don't even know it.
No rational thinking human being would ever think this way without the influence of religion. Take away that book of fairy tales , and people suddenly don't care who other people have sex with. Funny how that works.

If it doesn't effect you, than why do you care billybob?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,488,768 times
Quote:
But that would make you a hypocrite now wouldn't it? After all you said marriage is a right for everyone, isn't refusing those people make you a bigot by your logic too?

I can draw the line because I'm not the hypocrite on this issue, it's your side that is.
Why can you draw the line and gay people cannot. That makes no sense at all, you are not automatically correct because you are straight.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,488,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So swans that mate for life go against nature or other pair bonds.

Got it.
A pair bond is not marriage, marriage and the ceremony are a construct of man, not of nature. We gay people also develop pair bonds, so then by your logic, why should we be denied marriage. Try again.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,342 times
Quote:
Thank you. I get frustrated when gays think they little things they go through are comparable to getting hosed down in the streets or going through colored lines to get to the coach .
I understand what real discrimination is, I know a of black people and most of them feel the same way we do, they look at what gays are doing and they find it an insult when they try to equate themselves to the real struggles that blacks went through.

As you said, most of the things they whine about is simply just trying to push their lifestyle onto others.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,373 times
Quote:
Black people weren't allowed to go to the same schools, were barred from the same jobs, they were not allowed to run for political office or even live in the same neighborhoods, they had to eat at different restaurants and were physically harmed.

Last time I checked gay people are allowed to do all of the above without discrimination (and don't bring up the stupid cake things, that was NOT discrimination, the gays were discriminating there)

Gays are NOT the new blacks. End of story line. Stop falsely undermining other people's legitimate struggles to push your perverted lifestyle agenda.
Are trying to say that if gay people were as unfortunate as balcks and were born with an easily distinguishable and visible characteristic they would not have been subjecticted to the same or worse treatment as blacks?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Seeing if it follows the U.S. Constitution based on its original intent and respects the individual rights of the American people?
Sorry, but there over 100 participants when it came to the drafting of the US Constiution, with 100 different ideas, and 100 influences, and 100 different bias. We will never know what the "original intent" is, because the Constitution is the amalgamation as well as the consensus of those who participated.

What we do know is that the founders, left it open for us to AMEND as our nation evolved. They had the foresight to know that 100 years from the initial pen to paper, that our country's needs would also change.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,869 times
Quote:
I'm black. My family is black. I know lots of blacks. I see the attitude of blacks on the web and in real life. I've met thousands of blacks during my 20 year tenure on earth.

Most blacks are Christian and generally socially conservative. We don't tolerate it for the most part, trust me. Just do a quick internet search.
Blacks are coming around on gay rights and gay marriage issues. I work with black athletes and with a little opening of the mind they are seeing the light. If an athlete speaks out in support of having a gay teammate, or participates in an anti-gay bullying campaign then 9 times out of 10 they support gay marriage. That includes all races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies