Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times

Advertisements

You will be waiting for me to stack water on ice in my bathtub? Christ your life must be dull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Do you now? Do you find that these "facts" seem to usually agree with your ideology and preconceived notions.
I have no preconceived notions. Only when a few enrich themselves over an event that is as ambiguous as this makes me think something is wrong.

Quote:
Ok.... and so in the mean time.... just keep the status quo eh? Don't worry about working with other countries, such as China and India to curb emissions from fossil fuel combustion? Status quo.
Quote:
Well please in your own words explain the difference between a scientific theory and law.
I don't explain what is obvious to those who think they know everything.
You are living in a dreamworld if you think those countries will stop what they are doing.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I find it more than funny when someone like YOU tells someone like ME that the sea level is rising! When exactly was the last time you saw any salt water anyway? I live less than 1 hours drive to the Atlantic and i go sailing. As a wee lad i dug steamed clams from Ipswich / Essex perhaps the worlds best clams!
That's fascinating. Too bad you didn't spend your time measuring mean sea level over decades. If you had, maybe your opinion might matter.

My childhood was spent on the plain in the middle of Alberta. As far as my childhood experience goes, the sea doesn't exist at all. That should tell you what anecdotal evidence is worth.

Quote:
There is no increase in sea level period.
Actual science, not denialist anecdotes, show you to be wrong.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
He does not. This is the guy who said no one had ever compared volcanic and industrial greenhouse gas emissions, but that he knew the answer. I informed him he was wrong, showing him the USGS articles on the matter. It was dismissed as junk science and Mr. 310 there continued to pretend he was right. This 310 person does not base his opinion on this matter on facts.
I don't pretend, I know based on past history. I use history as science. So you can pat yourself on the back and consider the fact you debunked me but history will prove you otherwise.

Fact: volcanos caiused the little ice age.
Fact: man has not caused any change in climate cooling/heating.
Fact: natural forces has caused climate change.
Fact: AGW is just theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have no preconceived notions.
So if you didn't come up with it yourself, who put the idea in your head that no one had ever compared volcanic and industrial CO2 emissions? And why didn't you dig around to find out if it was true? It didn't take much effort on my part to prove your claim to be a lie, you could have done the same and made yourself just that much more well-informed.

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
That's fascinating. Too bad you didn't spend your time measuring mean sea level over decades. If you had, maybe your opinion might matter.

My childhood was spent on the plain in the middle of Alberta. As far as my childhood experience goes, the sea doesn't exist at all. That should tell you what anecdotal evidence is worth.

Actual science, not denialist anecdotes, show you to be wrong.
LOL. The sea hasn't overtaken my house yet. Must not have risen! Man, these climate change threads are pretty much the worst ones on this site. It's nothing but mud slinging. Complete disregard for science, except for "that one scientist at that one place who measured snow in July and reported it to the Daily Mail so Drudge could link to it." That guy matters.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
So if you didn't come up with it yourself, who put the idea in your head that no one had ever compared volcanic and industrial CO2 emissions? And why didn't you dig around to find out if it was true? It didn't take much effort on my part to prove your claim to be a lie, you could have done the same and made yourself just that much more well-informed.
My claim was not a lie.

Volcanos caused climate change, man has not.

Deal with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yes because only the side your against lies.... Seriously.... Your whole argument here is feel sorry and pity for people who don't agree with you..... Not to mention insult their intelligence. How you are any better than the people you admonish? You trying to convince us two wrongs make a right? I pity you.
Don't agree with me? Is that what you are calling it? Odd, I always thought making an accusation of someone being paid for by big oil and calling them a denier to be more than disagreement, but then you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar multiple times only to claim otherwise.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My claim was not a lie.

Volcanos caused climate change, man has not.

Deal with it.
Since you said no one had compared the two, and someone had, your claim was a lie. I suppose you could argue that you spoke out of ignorance without knowing the facts. But I saw to it you knew the facts so now you have no excuse.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Since you said no one had compared the two, and someone had, your claim was a lie. I suppose you could argue that you spoke out of ignorance without knowing the facts. But I saw to it you knew the facts so now you have no excuse.
And neither do you as AGW is bunk. Natural forces caused climate change. Man has not. Something you have to live with since all you believe is still theory and I have stated fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies