Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wonder what exactly is the agenda of people who deny that CO2 contributes to warming of the climate.....Why are they afraid of making some effort to reduce CO2 emissions? What harm could it do? We have done exactly that here in BC with some success and the sky did not fall. In fact it has put money in my pocket...Can someone please tell me what you are afraid of?

British Columbia’s carbon levy has not only succeeded in reducing emissions in that province, but has done so without impairing economic growth. Because the B.C. government reduced other taxes as it imposed the carbon levy, taxpayers in the provinces have actually benefited, the study said.

Between July 1, 2008, and July 1, 2012, the greenhouse gas emissions in B.C. fell 17.4 per cent, while they rose in the rest of the country by 1.5 per cent over the period, the report found. At the same time, B.C.s economy slightly outperformed the rest of the country. B.C. carbon tax showing positive results - The Globe and Mail
Some effort? The USA is the only country that has injected cars and cats on them. IF CO2 is a problem just wait till India and China are over run with CARS!

It's always funny how these problems are always USA problems. Better go see how the chinese deal with pollution since we are responsible for most of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
My facts are right, your are wrong! Your side is part of a global money-making conspiracy, mine can't be and is not!
LOL and your side is chicken little with a big grip on TAXES. The SKY is falling Al Gore says so

Old 09-11-2013, 12:23 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Don't choke on it.

Don't get me wrong.
Don't worry, I won't. I got your number.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM

I think it's very illuminating the way T-310 and Mac Muz have both insisted their opinions have merit despite having been shown in no uncertain terms that the facts contradict them. It's clear that right-wing denialists have opinions unrelated to the facts. What's not clear is why they continue to act as if they're being taken seriously.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
My facts are right, your are wrong! Your side is part of a global money-making conspiracy, mine can't be and is not!
Well, yeah. Right-wing "facts" supplied by blogs and right-wing cheerleaders aren't supported by any evidence, so they should be dismissed. Why pretend lies by clowns should be regarded as on a par with the results of scientific research? It makes no sense.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well I think the weight of ice 2 miles high might press down land enough to create a small lake like ossipee lake, which is said to be rebounding. This little lake i think is about 30 feet deep. To me it's a big mud hole and i don't like it there much.
The depth of Earth's crust ranges from ~3 to 44 miles in depth and has an average density of 5.52 g/cm^3. Ice, on the other hand, has a density of 0.9167 g/cm^3. The ice would have to be more than 18 miles deep before it could come close to compressing even 3 miles of Earth's crust. An up swelling of the crust is not the same thing as rebounding.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You do realize that the Mail Online is a tabloid magazine, right? Probably not.
So typical of a weak, indefensible position....attack the source, not the facts.

So let's try again. Is this factual?

About a million more square miles of ocean are covered in ice in 2013 than in 2012, a whopping 60 percent increase -- and a dramatic deviation from predictions of an "ice-free Arctic in 2013," the Daily Mail noted.
Arctic sea ice averaged 2.35 million square miles in August 2013, as compared to the low point of 1.32 million square miles recorded on Sept. 16, 2012, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center. A chart published Sept. 8 by NSIDC shows the dramatic rise this year, putting total ice cover within two standard deviations of the 30-year average.

Read more: Arctic sea ice up 60 percent in 2013 | Fox News

Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Some effort? The USA is the only country that has injected cars and cats on them. IF CO2 is a problem just wait till India and China are over run with CARS!

It's always funny how these problems are always USA problems. Better go see how the chinese deal with pollution since we are responsible for most of it.
Who said that it is only a USA problem? It is a global problem.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, global warming and global cooling are scientific facts with empirical evidence and numerous observations.
Doing good so far....

Quote:
What has become a "religion" is the extremely hubris view that humans could somehow effect the global climate.
Yes.... the extremely hubristic view that an exponentially growing population of +6 billion that requires an exponentially growing supply of energy. That energy, by the way, comes overwhelming from fossil fuels. As you know when the energy is unlocked from fossil fuels they emit emissions such as CO2, methane, SOX, and NOX. This is important because it has taken millions to hundreds of millions for these emissions to cycle through their respective cycles..... So millions of years to cycle and store in the form of coal, oil, and nat gas under the ground and only a hundred and half years to be released in mass amounts.......

So yea..... not really hubris......

Quote:
Liberal freaks have latched on to anthropological climate change in order to increase the size and scope of government in order to reduce or eliminate our liberty and freedom.
How did YOU infiltrate their secret meetings to glimpse this info? I've been trying for YEARS! Who taught your their secret liberal handshake!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Quote:
The really funny thing is that these liberal freaks are not trying to do anything that would allow us to adapt to climate change.
Adapt..... And moving the world's infrastructure sure does sound cheap........ Yet alone America's.....

Quote:
They are trying to pretend that we do not exist by "reducing our carbon footprint." Their solution is to stick our collective heads in the sand and hope climate change will just go away.
HAHAHAHA. You must seriously have your head in the sand.....

Instead of subsidizing pollution, how about you put a price on it and let the free market decide.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Who said that it is only a USA problem? It is a global problem.
Well besides cars there is heating factories and homes. All burning creates CO2. Now i don't know about you and assorted others pedal bike riders mostly who breath, But i plan to stay breathing and exhaling Co2 for so long as I can. and i also plan to be mobile, have heat and cook.

Then with all machines opposed to popular opinion you NEED oil for lube. So oil isn't going away since there isn't whale oil enough for much. Maybe man can make oil from plants enough, but oil is still oil. Your funny little electric cars are dirty as all HEll. I got to have a good hard look at one of them and it was just weeks old. Dirty tech. it makes methane at a distance and it uses gas and oils, not to mention a slew of exotic fluids for cooling systemS!

If we can build hydrogen cell cars safe enough for so called modern man who is more idiot than man, barley able to pilot a car much less drive one, it might due, but that tech isn't here yet.

Probably the best win win is if video does it all, and modern man just stays in bed eating goo and paste from a govt installation.

Today by the look of the cattle roaming free in walmart it looks as if it just might be the best thing.

The funny part is the young think they are green, when they haven't got the first clue.

And then they like taxes so long as it's someone else paying.

I don't see it as much as I once did, but i still see cars smoking blue oil smoke, and mainly these cars have green tree hugger stickers all over them. In the past talking with this fools i find out that oil has never been changed because that's bad. They just add new oil as needed and that kills the engine.

Nothing is cleaner than doing the correct care, but the greens have no idea what that is either.

The trail trash as of late is just ridiculous, and has contained pantie liners for the past few years on top of the rest of the trail trash wastes.

As to sea bass You have no idea what sea level is. I wonder if you have ever seen salt water?

Once more there is no rise in sea level worth squat. I doubt Al knows either and just maybe he should change the name of his state to Tennessea. That FAT dubber needs to be harvested for oil!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies