Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I agree, but if trend continues as they have for the last 130 years, this current cooling trend will only last 30 to 35 years, until around 2040 to 2045. Then it will warm up again for a similar period.

well my crystal ball says at least 200 plus years of a serious cooling trend and that will create massive ice cap regeneration, which intern will create more and more albedo effect, and then onto a full blow ice age. and then on to the start of a snow ball earth.. and then the volcano's will spew forth billions of tons of co2 and melt all the ice and everything will be good to go!!!

but please don't tell that to the warmers, it's a secret
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
The one that began around 2010.

right now it feels like late November here in the us vi .. loving the early cool weather..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:15 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well my crystal ball says at least 200 plus years of a serious cooling trend and that will create massive ice cap regeneration, which intern will create more and more albedo effect, and then onto a full blow ice age. and then on to the start of a snow ball earth.. and then the volcano's will spew forth billions of tons of co2 and melt all the ice and everything will be good to go!!!

but please don't tell that to the warmers, it's a secret
We are already in "a full blow[n] ice age" and have been for the last 2.588 million years. The last time the planet was a "snow ball" was Precambrian, more than half a billion years ago.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Apparently you left wingers do.
But only if it supports their push for bigger government.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The other words in "in other words" are words you made up.

For the home audience and those just joining us, what I'm talking about stems from this post in another, very similar, thread. I got back to Mr. 310 with the following:

I stand by everything I've said.
And yet volcanos and not man has caused climactic changes.

I stand by what I have said.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I am just gonna go out on a limb and say that you are lying..... You realize how easy it is to search your posting history and see what preconceived notions you bring to the table.

Or look in a mirror and swear on everything you love and hold dear what you said is not a lie.

Again.... I'm going out on a limb here and calling you out. I don't think YOU can explain the difference between a scientific theory and law. LOLZ.... I mean it was your claim in the beginning and you can't even defend yourself.....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

You can't even muster a link to support your statements and can only reply "deal with it." How impotent.
Don't need a link. Volcano in Iceland plunged the world into a massive cooling period during the 1700's. Famine, etc. Remember that? Krakatoa anyone?.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And yet volcanos and not man has caused climactic changes.

I stand by what I have said.
I'll get some popcorn.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I'll get some popcorn.
Don't choke on it.

Don't get me wrong. I want it warmer. Longer growing seasons, healthier living, more food, less famine.

But it just ain't going to happen.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:56 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
My facts are right, your are wrong! Your side is part of a global money-making conspiracy, mine can't be and is not!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Like I said, the changes in the sea level have absolutely nothing to do with the amount of ice on the planet. There was no ice at either pole during the Jurassic or Cretaceous periods. The ice-age cycles did not appear until around 40 million years ago when the Indian continent slammed into the Eurasian continent and formed the Himalayan mountain range and the Tibetan plateau.

When these ice-ages began the amount of ice that formed on land would reduce the sea levels some, but not much. The idea that the weight of the ice could press down on the Earth's crust is pure fantasy bordering on lunacy.
Well I think the weight of ice 2 miles high might press down land enough to create a small lake like ossipee lake, which is said to be rebounding. This little lake i think is about 30 feet deep. To me it's a big mud hole and i don't like it there much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies