Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 PM

957 posts, read 758,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The AR-15 is a semi-auto firearm. It fires one shot for every pull of the trigger. It will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Just like ANY semi-auto firearm. Including pistols.

I can shoot more rounds from my pistol than I can from a AR.

The Tucson shooter used a Glock 19 (9mm) with a 33rd magazine. I have exactly the same pistol and two of those magazines.

The 33rd magazine is long. He fumbled and dropped it.

10 or 15 rd magazines make no difference. Doing a tactical reload, I can unload 5 or 6 10/15 rd magazines in 1 minute.
And I've seen videos in which the person is firing the AR-15 as fast as a automatic weapon. So you're bragging that you can fire your glock faster than a machine gun? Is that special to you for some reason? Oh, and you can load that fast; I'm impressed, NOT. It takes me a few minutes to put the ammo in my revolver or rifle. Surely you don't need to fire a weapon rapidly in order to bring down your prey or to protect your home, right? In firing a weapon rapidly & thus indiscriminately, you're likely putting more innocent bystanders in harms way.
I'm certainly glad my state took the initiative to ban the high capacity magazines you own. There's really no reason for them in either home defense or hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
And I've seen videos in which the person is firing the AR-15 as fast as a automatic weapon. So you're bragging that you can fire your glock faster than a machine gun? Is that special to you for some reason? Oh, and you can load that fast; I'm impressed, NOT. It takes me a few minutes to put the ammo in my revolver or rifle. Surely you don't need to fire a weapon rapidly in order to bring down your prey or to protect your home, right? In firing a weapon rapidly & thus indiscriminately, you're likely putting more innocent bystanders in harms way.
I'm certainly glad my state took the initiative to ban the high capacity magazines you own. There's really no reason for them in either home defense or hunting.
You can fire fast and accurate. To score the most points in the compitition you aim for the "A" zone which is about the size of 3x5 card

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztz571292kU

Explain to be again how you cannot fire fast and accurate?

Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
And I can drive me car like a "race car" does that make it one? no it does not

Yes it is, its fun, and its great training on both speed and accuracy, why do you and liberals have such emotionalistic knee jerk reactions to guns? you feel you dont think

"Surely you don't need to fire a weapon rapidly in order to bring down your prey or to protect your home, right?" No one knows that, ever, If we knew what was going to happen before it did, why wont I win the lottery...you assume you will be able to get on target on the bat, make a shot and that one shot will be enough...as for protecting your home, you dont know if how many will come, if they will be on meth or PCP, if they are wearing body armor...you dont know.

Classic Liberal always assuming, never thinking.

I care about me life, and i want the best tool available to defend it.

You are glad your rights and the rights of other have been infringed upon not reason once so ever...

Old 09-21-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
First, you are using an incident which is a statistical outlier as your example. Most gun crime has nothing to do with high capacity magazines.
Second, you are basing your arguments on assumptions and what ifs. You assume that a person with homicidal intentions would care about a magazine limit law. To counter your what if, I ask what if he doesn't? Or what if the next guy is better at reloading?

There is not one single restriction on firearms which has provably reduced crime. Why would you expect any future restrictions to work when history shows that they don't? Stop buying into the propaganda and start pushing for solutions that address the cause of crime rather than the tools that are used to commit the crime.

I'm tired of arguing the "how many rounds do you need for xx activity" question. It has zero bearing on the issue and is a bogus argument put forth by people who have run out of talking points.
True, most gun crimes have to do with guns. So, using your analogy, we should ban guns. I don't think anyone's suggested that but thanks for your input.
Ban the manufacture of high capacity magazines for civilian use which would make them harder to come by.
Back in the 30's they banned machine guns for the general public & I don't see as much use of machine guns since then. If a suggested ban of machine guns were put on the table at the present time, the NRA & gun manufactures would surely fight it as an assault on your 2nd amendment rights.
Putting bans on certain weapons today would be much like putting bans on machine guns in the 30s.
Contrary to what you write, it would reduce crime just as the ban on machine guns did.
You're tired of arguing how many rounds you need for xx activity because you can't justify having a high number of rounds for xx activity. It makes no sense to have high capacity magazines, period.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
True, most gun crimes have to do with guns. So, using your analogy, we should ban guns. I don't think anyone's suggested that but thanks for your input.
Ban the manufacture of high capacity magazines for civilian use which would make them harder to come by.
Back in the 30's they banned machine guns for the general public & I don't see as much use of machine guns since then. If a suggested ban of machine guns were put on the table at the present time, the NRA & gun manufactures would surely fight it as an assault on your 2nd amendment rights.
Putting bans on certain weapons today would be much like putting bans on machine guns in the 30s.
Contrary to what you write, it would reduce crime just as the ban on machine guns did.
You're tired of arguing how many rounds you need for xx activity because you can't justify having a high number of rounds for xx activity. It makes no sense to have high capacity magazines, period.
It makes sense when you are being attacked by someone or multiple people like is becoming more common.

How is that war on drugs working out? Making drugs illegal sure has stopped them from being bought/sold/used in the US?
Again, how are you going to collect the hundreds of millions of legally owner magazines?

Old 09-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You can fire fast and accurate. To score the most points in the compitition you aim for the "A" zone which is about the size of 3x5 card

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztz571292kU

Explain to be again how you cannot fire fast and accurate?
The person's shooting at targets on the range. I don't see a lot of bystanders in the line of fire. Not the case when a person's out in public shooting @ the perceived bad guy.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times
Quote:
NO-WAY you can fire a AR-15 at the rate of Full-auto. NO-WAY.
Then don't own a magazine with more than 10 rounds. That's YOUR choice/opinion.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
The person's shooting at targets on the range. I don't see a lot of bystanders in the line of fire. Not the case when a person's out in public shooting @ the perceived bad guy.
So you would rather the bad guy shoot people indiscriminately without anyone trying to stop him because of the fear that someone might get hurt?

Old 09-21-2013, 11:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
That would not make the hard to come by, you can make them at home, or with a 3D Priner

they did not ban them they put $200 tax on them which in 1934 was about 3200 in today money,

Yes the NRA and manufactures would fight it as they should, name one legally own machine gun that has been used in a crime over the 74 years? name one!

in 1986 the Hughes Amendment was illegally added to the past version of the Firearm Owners Protection Act, banning the new manufacturing of machines gun and prevented new machines guns from being added to the registry, banning a whole class of firearms, which have been used in very very few crimes...for no reason other then the opinions of views of emtionalistic fools.

No what reduced crime was ending prohibition, what was the case of 80% of violent crime between 1919 and 1933..

Owning self defense magazines mags alot of sense.. for the defense of ones freedom, liberty, property, and life. as well as the Constitution, Bill Of Rights and the Nation from all enemies foreign and domestic.

You don't like the idea of people who have the means to defend themselves and and refuse to believe your views and opinions..

Old 09-21-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It makes sense when you are being attacked by someone or multiple people like is becoming more common.

How is that war on drugs working out? Making drugs illegal sure has stopped them from being bought/sold/used in the US?
Again, how are you going to collect the hundreds of millions of legally owner magazines?
You must really live in fear. What do you do about airplanes crashing into your house & the multiple lightning strikes in your vicinity? Surely you must have a shield for such occurrences.
I didn't know we had a war on drugs. I'm all for legalizing drugs & giving them to users so that they don't have to steal them. I would use a tax on guns and ammunition to supply the drugs to the users.
Nobody's suggesting you're going to collect the hundreds of millions high capacity magazines overnight, but by stopping the manufacture of said magazines, the volume would go down. Then there would also be buy back programs that some owners would participate in. In time, the high capacity magazines would be a distant memory just as machine guns amongst the general public is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies