Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 08:25 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
We have kinda gone off topic. People just dont get it. Guns dont load themselves, and guns dont shoot with bad intent. Its people that do.
There are way to many guns to confiscate, and too many people that WONT give them up. Period.
Criminals will find a way to get what they need, and gunlaws dont stop illegally getting something. Liberals dont get this, and never will.
The leftists have a social agenda. They try and further it with misinformation and fear tactics. Such as in the case of the AR 15 and other semi auto service style rifles. They have no clue what they are talking about, but make a loud show as if they do. Facts don't matter, only making those who don't know any better believe them. By whipping up emotion and outrage. That their outrage is misdirected, which they well know, is non sequitur.

They hide behind a mantra of common good, touting their higher morality and claiming "enlightenment", all the while sounding like complete idiots to anyone with a lick of real sense. But, tbey ARE loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Silly me, I did not realize that nobody ever hunted varmints & boars prior to weapons firing multiple shots in a short time span.
It's common practice to track your game & try to get close as opposed to firing from long range.
Boar in the south are no joke and no sport hunting matter anymore. You can get paid for boar tails / ears, and earn good money. Enough for better night vision the military gets, and more than enough for some really nice hardware. Think expensive guns running 4 grand and more, all semi auto. And let us not forget carbon core clothing to hide or mask human scent and then of course cheap boats and trucks ..

The more you talk the sillier you get.

The state of Wisconsin has more hunters than the Germans and the French Armies combined.

Did you know Hunters pay the dime for the depts of Fish and Game? That's both states all 57 and the feds too. And then again let us not forget thus counts rescue service for all in all Parks and Forests where dweebie greens who don't know how to pee in the woods get lost or too tired to pack out what they brought in.

Ya know I have been thinking about making a a most disgusting photo album of human waste, used toilet paper and pantie liners in the most pristine settings.
Last week i was at beaver Pond off Rt112 in NH near where the AT crosses that highway.

https://www.google.com/search?q=beav...&bih=787&dpr=1

No BSin like Obama does either..... You can see the place ... 3rd pic down on the left in my google view is a outlet stream and down there is a mess.

Why i think gun owners should be allowed to shoot greenies who don't know how to poop or pee in the woods.

1 CLUE is to dig a hole 4 to 6 inches deep. then bury the waste.. and another clue is to do it more THAN 200 feet from clear running water!

I can tell you that the people I have pushed their very own USED TP back in their faces are rather upset, but they don't carry guns, their cell phones are a bit out of touch and they are friggin scared to death of me.

It really is ashamed we can't shoot them.

You want some disgusting pics of chit and TP in the woods right next to clear running mt water anytime soon? I might go there just for you later today. it's only about 100 miles round trip.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Maybe one day you'll be fortunate enough to find a couple of your co-workers murdered by a deranged maniac. When that day comes feel free to pass judgement on Senator Feinstein. Until then, you have no clue as to what Senator Feinstein experienced. All she's proposing are sensible gun regulations.
Even your hero, Ronald Reagan, called for sensible gun regulations. In fact, the NRA who at the time represented the responsible gun owners, called for gun regulations. That was before the NRA became the lobbyist for the gun manufacturers.
I already lost my father in law and his 2nd wife! Murdered and unable to defend themselves. The cops only took 2.5 hours to suit up and drive the 3 city blocks away. Don't ever make that little error with me again.

I also shot a bad guy, maybe he was your son. Was your son a drug related violent offender? This guy had done time for 6 SIX violent felony crimes. He was PAROLED 6 times and was wanted WANTED for 6 more before I shot him!

I don't give a chit what that criminal traitor Feindstein suffered. Evidently she didn't suffer enough. She has a hard to get state of Cal carry permit and She has tax paid for body guards too!

What she needs is too be arrested for the high crime of TREASON and tried in a court of LAW and then after conviction hung by the neck until dead. Treason is the Capitol offence!

Now my father in law had 4 daughters, he was US Army 30 years and he was Kodak classified 30 years..

Feindstein is a piece of human trash and waste.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummm...ok. So sorry to so offend your sensibilities Mr. Cooper. Nevertheless, doesn't change anything. My AR didn't require I mortgage my soul, and it works fine for what I use it for. Besides, we are not comparing weenie size here. It's about why the rifle is so demonized, which you failed to comment on, when you quoted me.

At any rate, chill...dude. :-) I know the limits of the 223 and am familiar with the exalted reputation of the heavy 30s. I cut my teeth on the old Garand.
"Mr. Cooper"?? If that had some humorous intent, I fail to see it.
The "demonization" of the AR-15 has been well covered, so I saw no need to repeat previous comments.
My comment was strictly aimed at the "fact" that the AR is "affordable". For some of us, it certainly is NOT! Then, I compared the cost of an AR to the cost of my .06's. A reasonable comparison, seems to me.
As for the Garand, yes, me too. I was shooting a Garand when I was about 10 years old, under the auspices of the Director of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM) program. The program furnished 6 Garands and about 6000 rounds of ammunition to our rifle club every summer. We had to burn up all that ammo each year, to keep it coming the next year. There were, IIRC, about 10 of us in the club. Even though some said it couldn't be done, I fired that Garand left-handed. I once had a sporterized Garand that I used for hunting. Somebody stole it.
But then, I also fired the M-1 Carbine, the .45 ACP 1911, the M-14, and the M-16 left handed.
I qualified Sharpshooter fairly regularly.
Yeah, I been there, did that, Tropic Lightning and Seabees.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:43 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The fact is, they go after it, because it's black, and scary looking.

I have a K98, 8mm mauser, thats far more dangerous than an AR-15. With the Hardened round, (Tungsten core), the round can penetrate a bit more than 3/4 of an inch of plain steel at a range of 550 yards. (That's 5 ½ football fields!) That means a kevlar vest has zero chance of stopping that round. While it only has a 5 round magazine, it's a far more lethal weapon.

The problem is, Politicians see a wood stock, and a bolt action, and automatically place it in a class that is less lethal than the mean looking black (Mattel toy) AR15. (AND folks, I already know, Mattel didn't make the AR15 OR the M16 so don't rag on me, I call it a mattel toy, because of it's plastic pieces).
The k98 Mauser is a great rifle- no doubt. I have several ww2 issued weapons and a couple of G43s and G41s. The 8mm shell is a nice round.

However, you can use armor piercing rounds with a .223. Further, given that the AR-15 is semi-auto, you can send more rounds out there quicker. The G-43 and G-41(I would suggest not shooting those) are semi-auto. The G-43 with a modern gas assembly is an awesome weapon- semi-auto in 8mm with a detachable mag- kind of like an M1-A with muscle.

It is interesting that the AR-15 is villified. I would offer that a ww2 M1 carbine (within 200 yards) is equally effective, just as light, and with a decent .30 cartridge . Yet no one seems to mind this weapon.
An M-1 Garand, another antique, is an awesome weapon with .306 shells and a superior range to an AR-15, although a little heavy.

The best, in my opinion, is the:

LMT piston AR-15, 120 round snail drum, slide fire stock and an Eotech or ACOG system. That gives you massive fire power, good range, "full auto" or semi, and excellent optics

The Saiga 12 gauge with 28 round drum and a slide fire stock. Great out to 100 yards with the "combat round" of .50 cal ball with double 00 buck and MASSIVE firepower. I have wondered why the military does not use them for "room clearing". You essentially have a full auto shotgun with an ample supply of ammo.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Someone earlier said that the AR-15 was capable of firing multiple rounds in a short time period. That being the case, banning said weapon would curb firearm crime. The Tucson massacre is a prime example of a person using a rapid fire weapon with a high capacity magazine. The shooter was stopped when he had to replace the magazine. I believe the magazine of choice carried 30 rounds. The 9 y/o girl who was killed was hit with the 12th or 13th round. Had Loughner been limited to 10 rounds prior to having to replace his magazine, that 9 y/o girl as well as many other lives would have been spared.
Tell me again why you need more than 10 rounds to go hunting or protect your home?
That was another son of yours I bet... All you PC raise Nancy Boys...... All these killers are Nancy Boys you PC push ahead with out them earning it, so they won't be hurt and feel left behind.

The PC are what need to be banned... You either live by the CONS or you are arrested and trued for treason... For the mentally ill once we have asylums but the Democrats tool them down in 1990.

Until the PC have been neutered, and can no longer produce, and until Parole has been banned so criminals only get one chance to commit violent crimes. not 12, 13 or more I will carry a gun designed for self defense until the day I die. I already do and have since the MURDERS, and so far in 40 states and parts of Canada.

If you don't like it get busy building new asylums, make new laws to abolish parole, and stop pretending your moron children will ever be equal.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
And yet Loughner was taken down while changing magazines. Then you admit that a person would be more likely to fire indiscriminately when they have a larger capacity magazine and thus put more innocent bystanders in harms way. Yet another reason to ban high capacity magazines. The criminals, in your head, that are attacking you likely got the drop on you before you could fire a shot & in turn will end up owning your weapon. Actually, you don't have a right to own as large a capacity magazine as you want, that's up to the state in which you reside. This is actually what it's going to come down to. States will all have their own gun regulations as determined by the legislators of each state.
We're a society & Police & National Guard handle the aftermath of events. Not vigilantes.
Too LATE States already do have their own states laws. and are not really obligated to back up federal laws.

Never the less no states can stop interstate travel if you carry a fire arm.

For instance I live in NH. I can travel thru MASS NJ NY Md and so on to any shoots in say Va.. They can't do a thing about me passing thru with fire arms or the ammo. If it's long guns there is no way these can be transported legally loaded.

Since that would be a bad idea i carry a pistol legally in NH and my permit last time i checked was valid in 22 states, almost none of which are close to me except Vt doesn't care and i could give a rat's ass about what Maine thinks and don't really know.

Most cops don't know either. I know that because i got jacked up by the cops there for a flintlock pistol. That cop was a little confused after trying to intimidate me ended with me demanding to be arrested just so i could sue the shirt off his back and get him a job he could do flipping burgers in the Micky Dee's.

I can sense you don't like me, but there is no law that says we must all play nice with one another now is there........ I really despise the PC do nuthins who think they have a brilliant idea when the reality is they are all sitting dunces in a box in the corner.

Another LAW I would like to see is that ONLY LAND OWNERS could vote. Only people is substance and means are able to determine the direction of the country because the crew supposed to be leading us today are a;; out to lunch and are a dollar short.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM

I gotta deep six mike. I think he is telling lies about owning any guns several posts back. I have serious doubts he owns any gun or ever did. But if he did he is the worst kind of gun grabber. The kind that believe they speak for us ALL. The kind that barter away RIGHTS. To me he is just another gun grabber not worth talking to. And to say this will likely get me banned or suspended.... So I know the risk.

Bye Mike.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The Oregon Mall shooter was stopped by a CCW'er.
The Oregon Mall Shooter was stopped by himself.

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon | kgw.com Portland

Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I gotta deep six mike. I think he is telling lies about owning any guns several posts back. I have serious doubts he owns any gun or ever did. But if he did he is the worst kind of gun grabber. The kind that believe they speak for us ALL. The kind that barter away RIGHTS. To me he is just another gun grabber not worth talking to. And to say this will likely get me banned or suspended.... So I know the risk.

Bye Mike.
Of course, a rational gun owner, beyond comprehension for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies