Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

I'd like to know just what ethnic group/nationality who is foreign born doesn't reside here already regardless of their numbers. Just what ethnic restaurants are we missing? Someone has a reading comprehension problem in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 04:35 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um no, there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. So we don't need illegal aliens to do those jobs. You have proof of course that the farmers that do hire them are Republicans? Thought not! Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. If you want to get into party affiliations what about those Democrats that are advocating amnesty for them? You don't think they have an ulterior motive to pander to ethnocentric Hispanic citizens for votes and eventually citizenship for these illegals who will also vote Democrat?

It's not only Republican businessmen that hire illegals. Democrats do it also.
Apparently you were napping while W was trying to get a blanket amnesty for the illegals. His idea was that if he could get them naturalized, they would become a reliable voting block for the GOP since it was already turning into a party of "angry old white men" as Lindsey Graham so eloquently put it.

Had it not been for the level-headed Democrats in Congress in 2008 who shot him out of the saddle, he might have done it.

Bush Amnesty Plan Raises Immigration Concerns | Fox News

BTW - since you seem to have a habit of answering your own questions, you obviously don't need any more input from me. If you do get a spare moment, google Frank Purdue.

Here are a few more for the effort of a click:

http://ourfuture.org/20130920/the-10...ut-food-stamps

http://harvestpublicmedia.org/articl...l-immigrants/5

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...ation-20130221

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...54830735887802

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...if-GOP-wanted#

Last edited by cuebald; 12-30-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Apparently you were napping while W was trying to get a blanket amnesty for the illegals. His idea was that if he could get them naturalized, they would become a reliable voting block for the GOP since it was already turning into a party of "angry old white men" as Lindsey Graham so eloquently put it.

Had it not been for the level-headed Democrats in Congress in 2008 who shot him out of the saddle, he might have done it.

Bush Amnesty Plan Raises Immigration Concerns | Fox News

BTW - since you seem to have a habit of answering your own questions, you obviously don't need any more input from me. If you do get a spare moment, google Frank Purdue.

Here are a few more for the effort of a click:

The 10 Farm Subsidy Recipients Who Voted To Cut Food Stamps

Farmers push to hire illegal immigrants | Harvest Public Media

Lack of immigration reform threatens California farmers - Los Angeles Times

Farmers Press GOP on Hiring - WSJ.com

Daily Kos: "Illegal immigration" would end overnight if GOP wanted
Nope, I am fully aware that Bush pushed an amnesty also. He was wrong just as Obama is wrong about this. I doubt that Bush or any other Republicans can state with a straight face that Hispanics will suddenly vote Republican if they voted for an amnesty. The GOP is not a party of "angry old white men". Never has been and it's not true today either. Just what are old white men supposedly angry about anyway? Your post has a tinge of racism in it with that remark.

Unless I am misunderstanding you are you claiming that it was the Democrats that stopped amnesty in 2008? You've got to be kidding me. It was conservative, loyal Americans that phoned, e-mailed congress to stop that insanity and it worked.

Every one your links are leftist, biased sites. Nice try but no cigar. The dailykos? LOL! Now that's funny.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Nope, I am fully aware that Bush pushed an amnesty also. He was wrong just as Obama is wrong about this. I doubt that Bush or any other Republicans can state with a straight face that Hispanics will suddenly vote Republican if they voted for an amnesty. The GOP is not a party of "angry old white men". Never has been and it's not true today either. Just what are old white men supposedly angry about anyway? Your post has a tinge of racism in it with that remark.

Unless I am misunderstanding you are you claiming that it was the Democrats that stopped amnesty in 2008? You've got to be kidding me. It was conservative, loyal Americans that phoned, e-mailed congress to stop that insanity and it worked.

Every one your links are leftist, biased sites. Nice try but no cigar. The dailykos? LOL! Now that's funny.
Not all of those links are the Daily Kos. That is an across-the-board cross section. Had you read any of them you would have found out that the majority of those hiring illegals are republican.

I am not the one who made the comment about angry white men. That was a republican congressman.

From Lindsey Graham, startling honesty on race and politics | Jay Bookman

BS

Old 12-30-2013, 05:27 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
...Would this eventually be good for America because we would all speak a common language and share a common culture, or bad for America because we would lose the skills and talents of the foreign born residents? Your thoughts.
Common language and common culture? I think this assumes that it is only those BORN in a foreign country do not speak English or have customs, habits, religions that are not "American."

I know third generation Americans, including a few of my relatives, who are still bilingual and use their second language. Also you wouldn't get rid of all the Muslims, Sikhs, Jains, Parsis, Daoists and Buddhists whose religious practices have shallow roots in the American culture.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Not all of those links are the Daily Kos. That is an across-the-board cross section. Had you read any of them you would have found out that the majority of those hiring illegals are republican.

I am not the one who made the comment about angry white men. That was a republican congressman.

From Lindsey Graham, startling honesty on race and politics | Jay Bookman

BS
Never said that the dailykos was the only link you posted but they were all leftist sites. Again, it is merely their biased opinion that the majority of those hiring illegal aliens are Republicans. It has been my experience that it is mostly smaller companies that hire illegals and they are run by Democrat owners.

Graham apparently is a self-hating white person. I know a few of them. They suffer from unwarranted white guilt and usually have ties and identify with a supposed suppressed minority group many times it is illegal alien Mexicans or Mexicans in general.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:04 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
However you choose to designate them. The fact is, the illegals have not been rounded up because they represent too valuable a source of cheap labor to let them go, and the big republican farmers are the ones who need them the most.
I said that earlier. In the same vein, there won't be any laws or effective enforcement of laws, that truly penalize those employers.

There is just too much money being made on illegal labor, and in American politics, money talks.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Never said that the dailykos was the only link you posted but they were all leftist sites. Again, it is merely their biased opinion that the majority of those hiring illegal aliens are Republicans. It has been my experience that it is mostly smaller companies that hire illegals and they are run by Democrat owners.

Graham apparently is a self-hating white person. I know a few of them. They suffer from unwarranted white guilt and usually have ties and identify with a supposed suppressed minority group many times it is illegal alien Mexicans or Mexicans in general.
Perhaps you would like to furnish some links to back your opinions and allegory? I tend to doubt from your posts that you knowingly associate with too many democrats in any form, much less that you are close enough to them to know who they hire. How can you tell if a person is here illegally? What gives it away?

BTW - Lindsey Graham would be a useless SOB regardless of his party. Nonetheless, he called it as he saw it. Unless the republicans can figure out how to appeal to minorities, women, and youth, they are going to be in serious trouble in fifteen years or so, because the base s going to die off faster than they can be replaced. Anyone who knows anything about statistics and polling can figure this out pretty quickly.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
If all foreign born residents of America disapeared, what would happen?

The American indians wouldn't have anyone to sell their trinkets to and they would be forced to join the EU.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
I would pay less in taxes since illegals tend to use welfare, at least in Illinois. Good riddance to trash who abuse the system or take jobs away from Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies