Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 08:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ahhh, and there's the rub and what's been going wrong in country for a while now. It's all in the words "to me" like YOU are the only one that matters.

If it's not distracting to anyone then why would YOU think they put all the messages on the screen asking that you NOT do it? Just to tick you off? Hmmm?

Nevertheless, I don't get all up in arms over trivial BS! I look at it like this. I make a conscious effort to be courteous in public, and to my neighbors. I feel that you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. Having said that (I tell my neighbors this as well as co-workers) if I've done something to p**** you off, please talk to me about it, and I'm sure that we can find a viable solution! Don't run and tell on me like a kindergartner! But some people (like Mr. Reeves apparently) seem to feel the need to exert control over others, and dammit ya better listen to them, or else! You know what Mr. Reeves would get from me in this instance? The finger! And then I'd simply walk away! Had he been nice about it himself, this could have been avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 08:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Let me ask you, do you know that the man who was shot was posing no threat to the shooter?
The people who were seated close by say NO.

Let me ask you, if a police officer shot a person for jaywalking, would you blame the jaywalker? After all, according to your logic, if the jaywalker didn't cross the street, he'd still be alive. So it must be the jaywalker's fault, right?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:03 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,286 times
Quote:
Let me ask you, do you know that the man who was shot was posing no threat to the shooter?
Armed with what? Popcorn?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
FYI:

He was born in Alton, Illinois, and spent the last 20 years in Florida, according to the obituary.

Oulson served in the U.S. Navy from 1990 to 1997 and was an aviation maintenance administration petty officer 2nd class, according to Navy news desk Lt. Richlyn Neal. He served during Operation Desert Storm.

Oulson rode dirt bikes, loved boating, and was a motor cross enthusiast. He was a devoted father and husband.

"Chad was funny. I remember when we all first started hanging out, I would tell him it's like hanging out with my brother because we would pick at each other make fun of each other, give a hard time," Glenda O'Meara, a friend, told CNN affiliate WTSP.

Saverio Mongelli, a friend and neighbor, told WFTS that Oulson was always at the pool playing with kids. He loved water and his daughter.

"Good, genuine person, funny guy," Mongelli said before breaking into tears.
Pretty much what all the neighbors of mass murders say after they find out the great guy next door just killed 30 people.

How about we wait until the shock and awe news stops and some better background and incident details come out?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Armed with what? Popcorn?
First, I want to make it clear that I have no details about the incident. If the victim made threats against the shooter before throwing popcorn in his face, the shooter may have concluded that a physical assault was beginning. Throwing something in the face to blind or distract someone is a common tactic when initiating an attack.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
First, I want to make it clear that I have no details about the incident. If the victim made threats against the shooter before throwing popcorn in face, the shooter may have concluded that a physical assault was beginning. Throwing something in the face to blind or distract someone is a common tactic when initiating an attack.
But you sure are putting in a tough effort to defend the cop.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Pretty much what all the neighbors of mass murders say after they find out the great guy next door just killed 30 people.

How about we wait until the shock and awe news stops and some better background and incident details come out?
Good advice.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
But you sure are putting in a tough effort to defend the cop.
OK, why don't you tell us what exactly took place.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:

OKAY.

So now the man who was murdered was himself a mass murderer?

The people here who support the shooter are the ones not waiting for facts and going completely off the rails!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:13 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Well if it is apparent this retired cop killed a guy for throwing popcorn, the authorities should look into his background a little deeper. How many people has he killed while being a police officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies