Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
and when Mike Huckabee wins the White House
That made me laugh. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Obamapseak translation: mj just as dangerous as alcohol..... and 10k dead people a year is about avergae frm the 23k traffic accidents involving alcohol. Imagine the amount of people maimed and disfigured and disabled that don't show up in the stats.

Finally and for the first time Obama's documented experience with mj qualifies him to speak on a subject, for this one issue, as president of the US. This may be the only rationale for voters electing him based on his experience.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is dead wrong.

You can drink a beer and not be drunk, or even tipsy, but when you smoke dope you are high.

But finally the Tea Party and Obama agree on something, or will the TP change their view to avoid agreeing with Obama ........
Oh please.

Alcohol kills 75,000 a year and is responsible for 30% of the traffic fatalities in this country.

Oh yea, been waiting to chat with you. What do you say about the DEA working with a Drug Cartel? Seems like the government you trust so much is actually moving illegal drugs into this country.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't trust the motivation of the left for "legalizing pot."

If the left thinks most "tea partiers" were mostly born before 1946 then they should meet..........

Environment

About Us | Young Conservatives
It's not just the "left" that supports legalization.

Anybody who supports Citizen's Rights supports legalizations. Libertarians are big supporters of legalization.

Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself. And stop being a hypocrite.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's not just the "left" that supports legalization.

Anybody who supports Citizen's Rights supports legalizations. Libertarians are big supporters of legalization.

Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself. And stop being a hypocrite.

There is a huge misconception that legalization of cannabis is exclusively a stance of the left. I know several Republicans, and of course Libertarians who support it as well. Having said that I'm pretty sure that the poster you responded to is NOT opposed to legalization.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
I am so glad everyone in America drinks one beer and one beer only. I mean, that is why we repealed prohibition, right? So we could all enjoy one beer. I mean no one in their right mind would drink two, or three, or a six-pack, or a twelve pack... Every evening... Right?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When the economy collapses, having easily available and very abundant pot may be the best thing. It can help ease the hunger pains and keep the motivation level low. Hopefully the welfare class can be kept stoned and won't be too disruptive.
Pass the Soma....

Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I am so glad everyone in America drinks one beer and one beer only. I mean, that is why we repealed prohibition, right? So we could all enjoy one beer. I mean no one in their right mind would drink two, or three, or a six-pack, or a twelve pack... Every evening... Right?
Alcohol abuse is all the proof we need that legalizing another drug would be stupid. We have proven we can't handle the one we have and alcohol can't be grown in your back yard for easy cheap access. Yes, we'll be so much more responsible with a drug that we can grow in our back yards that is free....

Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Alcohol abuse is all the proof we need that legalizing another drug would be stupid. We have proven we can't handle the one we have and alcohol can't be grown in your back yard for easy cheap access. Yes, we'll be so much more responsible with a drug that we can grow in our back yards that is free....
No its not.

Alcohol is physically addictive. Like cigarettes.

Marijuana has no physical addiction traits. So if someone thinks they are, it's all in their head, and they are weak and would succumb to drug abuse regardless of their choice in substance.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Use does not always equal abuse. But, I suppose we should just ban alcohol, given the problems it can cause. Oh wait... we already tried prohibition once, and it wasn't exactly a smashing success. History has shown that all prohibition does is create a black market, and gives power to the cartels, and people like Al Capone.

BTW if you're still hung up on the fact that little kids can go through someone's garden and pick those pot plants growing there, then perhaps the parents need to do a little better job in teaching kids to stay off of other people's property!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies