Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Spanking Your Kids Be.....
Illegal 12 9.84%
Leagal 110 90.16%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:00 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I have no idea what we are talking about here! I don't know if we are talking about specific 15 year old or hypothetical. Sorry, I just joined the thread couple of days ago and missed all the drama.

Then perhaps you should go back and read, before commenting? I don't know, makes sense to, doesn't it? I'm not being insulting, just trying to make a suggestion....just to get all your ducks in a row?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 04:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You, bought this up???? Epidemics of Ritalin???? Remember? I basically commented what I knew about the subject and also compared all the drugs we're giving kids, suggesting there may be a chance they are causing behavioral problems.
I didn't bring it up! I was responding to another poster who said epidemics of ritalin are somehow related for the kids not being spanked.

And I agreed with you, remember?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Does anyone here honestly believe in spanking a child under the age of 2?
Oh, you'd be surprised.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:01 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Well you fish you way I'll fish mine!
My folks spanked ume and I turned out pretty good, great job etcetc. We're all sailing along hunky dory,No problems to speak of, My kids say yes sir/no mame just like I do. The one time my son told me he'd call the cops if he got a spanking I informed him he should have them send the ambulance along too. He stepped back said sorry sir and that was that.......I submit your kids are no better then mine nore are you any better then I am inspite what any of the liberal elitest intelgencia have to say about it.......
LOL... Well said indeed and its great your kids have the manners to address their elders yes/no sir/madam as my eldest does with his. I dealt with mine by telling him that i'll set him up for boarding at his military school if he makes a mistake of even a hint about running off to people who'll be more than happy to take him but dont really give a damn him.. He says, "no sir i wont do that, i like my PS3 too much and i would'nt like to clean toilets if im naughty" lol... each to their own eh?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Default This thing is still going? The poll has ended

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Oh, you'd be surprised.

Yes, at 2 days old I spanked my son....for talking back

Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 PM

31 posts, read 64,373 times
I think spanking is fine as long as it doesn't become abusive or is being used as an excuse to hide abuse.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:30 AM
ck9

71 posts, read 124,184 times
if your kid threatens to call social services after a spanking all you have to do is explain that it will probably take at least an hour for the police to get there. then tell them that you will spank them continuously untill the police arrive. or better yet put them in a foster home for a month they will be quite happy to return home. when i was a kid i got caught stealing christmas lights and smashing them on the road. i was forced to go with him to all the houses in the nieghborhood and tell the people what i had done. it was very effective. my uncle was a cop and my dad had him put me in jail for the weekend this was the last time i ever stole anything.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
I think spanking works better during the critical toddler and early childhood stage. Once they get old enough to know whats right and wrong, taking away things they enjoy is more of a punishment. I find it troubling that todays kids are continuously being told how wonderful and "special" they are and are never held accountable for their actions. I saw a special on TV about it and how it has become a problem for employers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies