Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 05:56 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Check out the website itself, it's a it's a far-right laugh riot. In the AIDS section they repeat the old and often refuted lie about how ineffective condoms, even when used properly, are at preventing the spread of HIV.
The website is not "far right". You labeled it that. Once again this is just one of your claims.

And what do you have to say about the article which explains in details why the gender theory was abandoned by scandinavian countries ? Nothing right ?

Have you watched the documentary that changed the stance of these governments on the subject ? Have you watched how scientists completely refuted the gender theory and how its supporters were left unable to respond ? Have you read how the experiment was a complete failure and boys remained boys and girls remained girls despite all the efforts spent in raising them in a "gender neutral" environment ?

A lot of people do not care about the truth even when it is clearly presented to them. They either have an agenda or have other motivations that only them understand.

I'm out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 05:59 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
It's Gender Dysphoria.

There is no such thing as Gender Dysmorphia

Body Dysmorphia is something else.
Sorry, I miss-typed it.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:09 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,891 times
No. They. Don't.

But they do, try reading them. Just read one of them.

Until empirical research has proven the validity of their theory, their theory is just that, a theory.

As are gravity and Darwinian Evolution. But judging by websites you choose to use as sources I'm apparently supposed to seriously consider as authoritative, you probably take issue with those theories as well.

You know that without real experimentation no theory is valid right ?

The results of real experiments are in the sources I cited.

Writing a book does not make your arguments more solid.

What?

You have to have real research and if your publication makes sense your theory will be recognised as valid by the scientific community.

I know, you should read some of those sources.

That has not happened with gender theory. See an exemple of that in my post above.

Oh but it has. You keep misrepresenting what the sources are because clearly you have not read them. They are the results of scientific experiments conducted by scientist. They are scientific evidence.

I also note that you adopt a dishonest position : you claim your views are true, then fail to prove it,

If you wish to take issue with the evidence, by all means do so. It would refreshing if you'd finally do that. I've been waiting for you to do that, yet you keep refusing to engage the actual evidence. I wonder why that is?

and then ask your opponents in the discussion to prove your claim wrong.

And it's clear at this point you are unable to do so.

You make the claim so burden of proof is on you. I said what all scientists on earth agree with : XX = girl and XY = boy.

That was funny considering you just called me dishonest. The existence and nature of that person's reproductive organs are not at issue here. Their existence is not a substitute for evidence. Their existence does not prove me wrong. You act as if I have refused to acknowledge their existence. I haven't.

If you challenge that but have no evidence then gender theory remains a mere opinion.

I have evidence, you refuse to read it. But it's still there.

And please stop bringing your "scientific sources" in the discussion they do not prove anything : without real research it is mere speculation and it is not my fault if the rules of scientific publication are what they are.

That is real evidence. I just told you that mere repetition will not make you correct. Quit trying it.

Gender identity disorder does exist, in the sense the person truly believes she should of the opposite gender.

Says a person who is 100% unqualified to make that distinction and has no standing to disagree with real scientists who have actually done actual research.

The key sentence pronounced by Jazz, the little boy in the video : "I want to be a girl".

So is this the best you got?

I gave you a chance and instead of science you come back with a slightly-better articulated repetition of your contrary opinion that seems to based on nothing more than your personal distaste for transgender people, and once again, and absolutely unqualified opinion? I already told you, spam this thread all you want, but it won't change anything. Deny that the evidence I presented is evidence and it won't make it disappear. Get back to me when you can do better. I won't hold my breath because I'm pretty sure you can't.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Until empirical research has proven the validity of their theory, their theory is just that, a theory. You know that without real experimentation no theory is valid right ? Writing a book does not make your arguments more solid. You have to have real research and if your publication makes sense your theory will be recognised as valid by the scientific community. That has not happened with gender theory. See an exemple of that in my post abov
AGAIN.....what the hell do you mean by 'gender theory'?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
You don't even know enough to realize that you are shooting your own argument in the foot.

Read the story of David Reimer (that's the story you are referring to). You got the story completely wrong too.

David Reimer
I had not seen your post so I have to come back to respond. I do not understand how it is possible that those claiming that I am shooting myself in the foot do not read the material. In your case, you provided it. From your link :

"His case came to international attention in 1997 when he told his story to Milton Diamond, an academic sexologist who persuaded Reimer to allow him to report the outcome in order to dissuade physicians from treating other infants similarly"

He committed suicide as I said, the only mistake i made is that his brother did not actually committed suicide too but died from an overdose of antidepressants. That is a much better success for the Dr John Money I guess.

Oh boy are you guys funny.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
The website is not "far right". You labeled it that. Once again this is just one of your claims.

And what do you have to say about the article which explains in details why the gender theory was abandoned by scandinavian countries ? Nothing right ?

Have you watched the documentary that changed the stance of these governments on the subject ? Have you watched how scientists completely refuted the gender theory and how its supporters were left unable to respond ? Have you read how the experiment was a complete failure and boys remained boys and girls remained girls despite all the efforts spent in raising them in a "gender neutral" environment ?

A lot of people do not care about the truth even when it is clearly presented to them. They either have an agenda or have other motivations that only them understand.

I'm out.
The website is far-right and extremist. Anyone can figure that out after perusing it for about two minutes.

1. They continue peddling a lie about condoms

2. They strongly insinuate that EU officials in Texas to observe an election were there to meddle and congratulate Texas election officials for ordering them to leave (hilarious).

3. The attack contraceptives being given to poor African women (clearly it's specifically a Catholic website).

4. They claim that abortion will lead to euthanasia.

Oh it's fun. This website has zero credibility, I don't debate the merits of anything they post because every single thing they post is suspect. If you think a website like this has credibility, then you also zero credibility.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
So is this the best you got?
Yeah, just ignore the failure of the scandinavian experience ( it is well known and multiple sources talk about it ) and how it was responded to by scientists. Also ignore the documentary that explains it all, it is the same documentary that was shown to the scandinavian governments and lead them to put and end to this absurdity. You don't want to undermine your position. Farewell.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
No. They. Don't.

Until empirical research has proven the validity of their theory, their theory is just that, a theory. You know that without real experimentation no theory is valid right ? Writing a book does not make your arguments more solid. You have to have real research and if your publication makes sense your theory will be recognised as valid by the scientific community. That has not happened with gender theory. See an exemple of that in my post above.

I also note that you adopt a dishonest position : you claim your views are true, then fail to prove it, and then ask your opponents in the discussion to prove your claim wrong. You make the claim so burden of proof is on you. I said what all scientists on earth agree with : XX = girl and XY = boy. If you challenge that but have no evidence then gender theory remains a mere opinion. And please stop bringing your "scientific sources" in the discussion they do not prove anything : without real research they are mere speculation and it is not my fault if the rules of scientific publication are what they are.

Gender identity disorder does exist, in the sense the person truly believes she should be of the opposite gender.

The key sentence pronounced by Jazz, the little boy in the video : "I want to be a girl".
You are using the term "gender theory" in a scientifically illiterate "conservative speak" way to mean something it doesn't.

There is no one 'gender theory'. The term can be used as an umbrella term to cover a range of different hypotheses about "nature vs nurture" in gender identity, sexuality, sex-role stereotyping etc.

You are also completely ignoring the fact that intersexed people exist who don't conform to XX = girl and XY = boy.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
I'll just leave this here.
http://beautydeep.files.wordpress.co..._petras_00.jpg

She's a famous singer. She was a boy when she was 12.
https://www.google.com/search?q=kim+...w=1024&bih=596

Old 01-24-2014, 06:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
You are using the term "gender theory" in a scientifically illiterate "conservative speak" way to mean something it doesn't.

There is no one 'gender theory'. The term can be used as an umbrella term to cover a range of different hypotheses about "nature vs nurture" in gender identity, sexuality, sex-role stereotyping etc.

You are also completely ignoring the fact that intersexed people exist who don't conform to XX = girl and XY = boy.
Yeah, I've been asking him that for several pages, now.
No ansswer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies