Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 10:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,382,491 times

Advertisements

What I want to know concerning polygamy is, what do you do with all the left-over boys? I mean, if one man gets to have three or four wives, and has several resulting boy babies from these unions, not all of his sons will be able to have multiple wives right? The numbers don't work out. I heard the LDS take the extra teenage boys and drop them off in a town somewhere and wash their hands of them. They're called the lost boys. That crazy Warren Jeffs guy had something like sixty or so wives. That means a lot of his sons will never have a wife.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,812,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It will on Judgment Day.

Here we go with the one size fits all mentality. How about having a little respect for an opinion that's different from yours?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:51 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,659,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
One thing at a time. Gay marriage, then multiple wifes, and then animals etc. The wheels are already in motion to normalize such marriages, because there is a TV show with the very scenario.
Makes you wonder how the show "My Mother the Car" was allowed on TV.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:12 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,063,189 times
Since gay marriage is here, it's time to allow those who are old enough and do not lack the capacity to consent, to be able to consent to any type of relationship that is mutual on all parties AND shows no statistical evidence of potential harm on a future child.

Gay couples have passed this test already among gay parents with adopted kids.

This would, for example, not include an incest consensual intercourse because of the attempted harm done onto a newborn 9 months later, who would not consent to this abnormal life existence.

Polygamous relationships may not pass this test and hence should not receive marital rights yet until there are credible examples of non-married polygamous cohabited individuals raising kids who are happy and safe with no significant differences versus straight and gay couples. Not seeing this, we can't extend at this time to multiple individuals married, since the marital policies encourage child birth.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,043,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
What I want to know concerning polygamy is, what do you do with all the left-over boys? I mean, if one man gets to have three or four wives, and has several resulting boy babies from these unions, not all of his sons will be able to have multiple wives right? The numbers don't work out. I heard the LDS take the extra teenage boys and drop them off in a town somewhere and wash their hands of them. They're called the lost boys. That crazy Warren Jeffs guy had something like sixty or so wives. That means a lot of his sons will never have a wife.
Nonsense. The LDS do not practice polygamy, they ended that years ago. Mormons do no such thing, where did you hear this from? A liberal loon on TV? Huffington Post? LOL!

And no, I'm not a Mormon or LDS member. I'm a Christian and I disagree with the Mormon religion, however I like Mormon people and respect them. These lies about them are just ignorant.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm not married so I can't give it up..... If I were, then sure I would give it up. I don't need a piece of paper that serves no purpose other than to signify the governments recognition of my union to another, to consider myself married.

Most of this whole gay marriage debate is nothing more than the semantics over the word "marriage" to begin with. Many Christians and conservatives have no problem with gay couples reaping benefits under a "civil union".... as long as it isn't called a "marriage".... So I say get rid of the term marriage and everybody can get a civil union, gay or straight. Give the term "marriage" to the church where it will carry no legal weight.... Want to get married? Do it in a church. Want to get federal benefits? You have to enter in to a civil union at the courthouse...

How about that?
I'm a Conservative Christian and I agree with this entirely. It would end the whole debate and everyone would get what they want. Marriage is religious thing, Government is not, so the two have no business with each other. Sure you don't need to be religious or have a priest marry you, but the concept and word is still based upon religious, social, and family constructs.

One thing that I dislike is how militant gay activists and their supporters have become. They ignorantly call anyone who disagrees with them hatefulwords like bigot and homophobe. Which is wrong because I, and most other people of our position, do not hate or fear them. We love and respect them just like everyone else, we simply disagree with the lifestyle for Religious and obviously Natural reasons. That's not hate, that's just disagreeing, and we have every right to it.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,501,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'm a Conservative Christian and I agree with this entirely. It would end the whole debate and everyone would get what they want. Marriage is religious thing, Government is not, so the two have no business with each other. Sure you don't need to be religious or have a priest marry you, but the concept and word is still based upon religious, social, and family constructs.

One thing that I dislike is how militant gay activists and their supporters have become. They ignorantly call anyone who disagrees with them hatefulwords like bigot and homophobe. Which is wrong because I, and most other people of our position, do not hate or fear them. We love and respect them just like everyone else, we simply disagree with the lifestyle for Religious and obviously Natural reasons. That's not hate, that's just disagreeing, and we have every right to it.
If the word, " Marriage " is social and family, then why not allow gays to marry? We are part of society too, we have families too and guess what, many gays and lesbians are christians too. The church does not own the word, they do not control marriage and they do not provide the benefits, protections and rights, only the govenement does and only a civil marriage contract allows those 1049 rights. Marriage is only a religious "thing" for those who want religion as part of their marriage and there are many churches and even some religions that want to perform same sex marriages. Why should they be forbidden that right just because those with their bible all in a twist want to force their tenets on everyone? If one wants to use their bible to enforce laws against gays or any group of people, then they should be prepared to be called bigots, haters and discriminators. If the shoe fits.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Janellen, please don't refer to Warren Jeffs or any members of his church as LDS. They are not LDS and the LDS Church wants nothing to do with them.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If the word, " Marriage " is social and family, then why not allow gays to marry? We are part of society too, we have families too and guess what, many gays and lesbians are christians too. The church does not own the word, they do not control marriage and they do not provide the benefits, protections and rights, only the govenement does and only a civil marriage contract allows those 1049 rights. Marriage is only a religious "thing" for those who want religion as part of their marriage and there are many churches and even some religions that want to perform same sex marriages. Why should they be forbidden that right just because those with their bible all in a twist want to force their tenets on everyone? If one wants to use their bible to enforce laws against gays or any group of people, then they should be prepared to be called bigots, haters and discriminators. If the shoe fits.
The definition of Marriage only applies to a Man and a Woman. It does not apply to two men or two women, or a Man and 5 women, or a Man and his sister. Drop the term from the Government and everyone, including homosexuals, will be given secular '' Civil Contracts '' by the Government. The Government has no right to try and redefine Marriage, which is what this is really about at it's core.

If you wanted to call your Civil Contract a '' Marriage '' you would be free to do so. But it won't be accurate because the definition and concept doesn't apply to your relationship, you can call your Dog a Cat, it's still always going to be a Dog in Nature and Definition. If you want to get '' Married '' by a false Church and false Pastor, then you would be free to. But others are free to not recognize it and the Government would not have the power to violate those people's rights and force them to do so.

Let's be honest here, your true agenda is not equality, because most Christians and conservatives and just people in general (including myself) completely support that for homosexuals. What your real agenda is, is to force your lifestyle choice onto everyone else and justify it by trying to make it '' normal ''. And if one is to simply disagree with it they are will be attacked as a bigot by you and the rest of the Gay Mafia. You want to be the thought police, you are a militant lifestyle group demanding special treatment with no respect or tolerance for others.

That's what the pro-gay movement all really boils down to. If gay marriage was made legal in every state tomorrow it wouldn't be enough. You would start attacking churches and synagogues for not marrying you, black listing them as '' hate groups''. You would start lobbying schools to teach kids that homosexuality is a good thing and wanting to take them to field trips to gay weddings (this has already happened), and trying to destroy businesses who disagree (this is also happening). And all other kinds of things...

Equality is not what you are really after.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Having more than one wife is biblical.
Pounding a dude in the ass is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.