Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 PM

544 posts, read 610,503 times

Advertisements

If a guy would be stupid enough to have 1 wife, let alone multiple wives, in this day in age.. let him. Saves the rest of us from that insanity.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
If all parties consent, then why not? Seriously. It doesn't hurt me.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
I'd say it's time to stop letting the government tell consenting adults who they are allowed to marry. Simple as that, really.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:59 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Since gay marriage is here, it is time to allow heterosexual men to have multiple wives? Will America fight to allow men to have more then one wife since we marching? I mean as a straight man my rights are being denied.
Comes down to this: Either governments in the United States are in the business of enforcing a moral standard for marriage and sexuality or they are not. If laws against gay marriage are unconstitutional as many federal courts have ruled then so are all laws prohibiting polygyny (one husband and multiple wives), polyandry (one wife and multiple husbands) and polyamory (multiple husbands/men and multiple wives/women).

On the other hand, there are Supreme Court cases on the books which upheld the Constitutionality of Anti-Bigamy laws. Those SCOTUS cases should be the legal precedent used for current laws against gay marriage. If the SCOTUS ruled in favor of laws against "morally reprehensible" marriage relationships, then why on earth are lesser federal courts willfully ignoring that legal precedent and striking down laws against gay marriage? Seems to me that the SCOTUS needs to reverse their anti-bigamy rulings first, don't you think?

In any case, the Supreme Court needs to rule on this issue and they need to do it soon. No matter which way they rule, it's going to **** a lot of people off -- but at this point we need somebody to make the final say on this issue.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Since gay marriage is here, it is time to allow heterosexual men to have multiple wives? Will America fight to allow men to have more then one wife since we marching? I mean as a straight man my rights are being denied.

What about a straight woman's right to have multiple husbands?
Why is it that the straight men are always the first in line to get the perks of being male?
That road goes both ways and if it is good enough for the men to have multiple wives then it is good enough for the women to have multiple husbands.

It may not be as popular as you think though because there are so many who can't even talk to the opposite sex let alone ask them out for a date, stay in a relationship long enough to get married, have sex, have children and keep one spouse happy.
I don't see someone like this making multiple spouses happy.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:16 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I would agree completely, but only as long as you also allow heterosexual women to have multiple husbands.
^

This, pretty much.

And not simply heterosexual women--for instance, if a bisexual woman wants multiple husbands, then she should be able to do it.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:17 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What about a straight woman's right to have multiple husbands?
Why is it that the straight men are always the first in line to get the perks of being male?
That road goes both ways and if it is good enough for the men to have multiple wives then it is good enough for the women to have multiple husbands.
Having more than one husband would not be a perk. No, not at all. The one I have is already enough work.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
^

This, pretty much.

And not simply heterosexual women--for instance, if a bisexual woman wants multiple husbands, then she should be able to do it.
Or a gay woman could have a bunch of wives and a gay man can have a bunch of husbands. Group marriage - the wave of the future. We used to call those communes.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Or a gay woman could have a bunch of wives and a gay man can have a bunch of husbands. Group marriage - the wave of the future. We used to call those communes.
^

Yes, I agree with that as well. Also, some individuals might want to have a medley of several spouses with both men and women among them.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:23 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
No, it's time to push back hard on the legitimization of homosexual marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies