Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:43 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They would have banned Jesus for his gender-bender long hair and robes.
That is doubtful, given the fact that at that time nearly everybody wore robes and had long hair.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Exactly. If you don't like the way the school does business, hit the road.
IMO, it doesn't matter if it is a bakery, or a photographer, or a florist, or a school, or the local pub. If you don't like what they do, just shut up and go away!
That's harsh when it's a religion, and you are kicked out of your religious community for specious reasons.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
That is doubtful, given the fact that at that time nearly everybody wore robes and had long hair.
That's how we depict them but long hair is Old Testament times, short hair was predominant in New Testament times.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
What would the school do with the evidence that Jesus may have been a woman?

Quote:
But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:

1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it
3. And even when he was dead, He had to get up because there was more work to do.
http://www.godweb.org/Jesuswasawoman.htm

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
It's a PRIVATE school, not public. They can have dumb rules if they want to.

Why someone would even care or make a thread on it is beyond me. Actually, strike that -- I know exactly why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Sheer lunacy.
Would it also be with a private Islamic school for kicking someone out for not wearing the right garb? Just wondering.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
This is true. But what this shows is that fundamentalist Christians are stuck in the mindset of the previous century.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They would have banned Jesus for his gender-bender long hair and robes.
not at all: in the biblical days his dress was obviously standard. Of course you are making your statement tongue in cheek I am sure...

Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why someone would even care or make a thread on it is beyond me. Actually, strike that -- I know exactly why.

Would it also be with a private Islamic school for kicking someone out for not wearing the right garb? Just wondering.
I give vaccinations at private Muslim schools. Even those girls are allowed to wear pants.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is true. But what this shows is that fundamentalist Christians are stuck in the mindset of the previous century.
So all Christian schools are like this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I give vaccinations at private Muslim schools. Even those girls are allowed to wear pants.
If the ones you went to didn't, would you have a problem if it were a private school?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is a private business and they can do what they want. I too, heard the story, but not much in detail. The hourly news does give us a lot of info. If, indeed it happened just as reported, unless the school policy was spelled out prior to her starting the school, the school needs to get a life. In fact it sounds like they need to anyway. As for what the employee told grandma, that is nothing but hear say.
It is hard to say what happened in that conversation. It is not unusual for parents/guardians to take from a conference about their child something totally different than the actual conversation. As an example, the following is based on an actual conference I had with a parent:

Me:
  • Your son is drawing when he is supposed to listening
  • Your son is drawing when he is supposed to be doing classwork
  • Your son hasn't turned in a single in-class assignment in over two weeks
  • Your son hasn't turned in any homework on time since the beginning of the term
  • Your son is still missing over 70% of his homework
  • Your son failed to turn in his project, which is worth 15% of his final grade
  • Your son is claiming he is the pink Care Bear (we are discussing an 8th grader FYI) and Care Bears, rainbows, and flowers are what he is primarily drawing
  • Your son has told multiple boys that they can be the blue Care Bear and then they can rub his fur
  • This is making the boys uncomfortable, which isn't right and is the definition of sexual harassment
  • They are starting to plot ways to shut him up and I am afraid one of them will do something to him
  • There is a particular student who is getting to the point that I am genuinely afraid is going to snap and do something to your son
  • I have already talked to him and his parents concerning this
  • No, I won't give you his name
  • They have asked me to talk to you and work with you to get your son to stop harassing their son because they would rather not have to pursue having him charged with sexual harassment
  • You might want to consider seeking professional help for your child to help him stop this pattern of destructive behavior
  • If your son doesn't stop we will have no choice but to take disciplinary actions against him, and at this point the next step is suspension
What the parents told the district assistant superintendent that I said:
  • Mrs. Oldhag said she is going to have our son suspended because she doesn't like that he draws cartoon characters.

I kid you not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies