Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 11:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My wife was a fan of them in the 90s. She was an Aikman fan, but she also followed Aikman during his college days as well. Still a Browns fan first! Gotta be to live in my house.
Aikman...........the game manager. Can't have that anymore gotta have the 40 TD guy. Hey you got Johnny Football...........how long you think he will last? I say about five games until he's out hurt for running around like a nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You wonder why he went into the NBA? And you would wonder why a woman would by a nascar team. So you are as bad as Sterling. Not that your bad at all but you see the comparison but don't get it.

This entire episode is the PC media going whacko........and they are trying to get Cuban too now but I'm betting he donated to democrats. I'm actually gonna go look it up if I get a chance. They are kinda dancing around him. What if ten or twelve other owners come out and say the same thing. Shut down the NBA will be next............lol
He voted for 0bama.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He voted for 0bama.
Do you know who he donated to? I haven't gone to open secrets yet. Just piddling around.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Aikman...........the game manager. Can't have that anymore gotta have the 40 TD guy. Hey you got Johnny Football...........how long you think he will last? I say about five games until he's out hurt for running around like a nut.

I say let him sit and develop behind Brian Hoyer. Though I love the pick!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I say let him sit and develop behind Brian Hoyer. Though I love the pick!
You fuggers should have traded with us. I think KC was gonna take that turd. I was like yes...no...yes...no.......and you traded up and I said thank the Lord. lol

Browns will have to develop an offense around him though. Your WR may be suspended for the year too. Man what an idiot. That kid is so good he's gonna blow it. Are they gonna try the zone read......it has gone out of the "fad" as defenses are ready now.........just like putting your rabbit in the gun at QB.

I like our De'anthony Thomas pick in the 4th. That "rabbit" is gonna be electric. Get it in the flat and he's gone.........

Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Damn sure cant be defined by the bigot... wtf?
What's offensive or racist to some people may not come across as offensive or racist to someone else.

In what other senecio does the accuser get to define the crime?

Thank God the court system doesn't work like that.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:15 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
I wasn't going crazy over Sterling's remarks and I really don't care what happens with him and his NBA team. I don't care whether he loses the team or not.

I also don't really care about what Mark Cuban said. At least he had the stones to say it in public. I live in the Dallas area so I hear more from this guy than I really care to, but I don't like or dislike him. He's just a public figure here. No more, no less. I don't think he's racist, though. I never got that impression. He's not condemning black people, he's stating that he finds certain modes of dress and behavior to be mildly threatening. He's not condemning white people either. He's just saying that he finds certain styles/behavior threatening. You'd be foolish and a liar if you said that nobody ever made the hair on the back of your neck stand up simply due to the way they were dressed and/or the way they were acting. Some people just look...shifty. That has nothing to do with race, since shifty comes in all colors.

I don't pop the door lock button when I'm out and about simply because there's a black person walking down the street. But I'd be lying if I said I never popped that button when I saw scary-looking people (of various backgrounds and ages). Some people just tweak your antenna. It's normal. It doesn't make someone a racist.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Doesn't this all seem like a damned witch hunt?
How far is this all going to go.....?
yeah that is the scary part, like saying hey, I saw a black kid wearing a tux, they must be going to the prom, or I saw a white kid getting her hair done, must be going to a choral something or other, yanno>
it is pathetic and BTW, what he said is what a lot of people feel, hey if I saw a guy with tatoos all over, I'd cross the street to??????

There was nothing wrong with what cuban said....nothing

and hey, I saw a bunch of white guys hanging out at the courts, baggy pants, head bands, so they scared me and I left....?????? So the same thing with the black kid with a hoodie, for goodness sakes...?????

Old 05-23-2014, 02:48 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He voted for 0bama.
Mark Cuban's voting record or political party is not a relevant issue to the thread IMO. Now if he had said I would walk across the street if I saw some "n-word" kid, then he would be in trouble with the NBA. The fact that he made the comment the way he did and never said black people could not go to games makes it not very controversial. He may have thought he was being controversial and edgy with his comment, but I won't take the bait.

Much ado about nothing. I only posted here to put things in perspective and calm the "mob" so to speak. Mission mostly accomplished I think. Nice try, Mark. Mark is a decent guy and was just trying to rile up some people for fun. I guess when he has that much money, another business venture just does not create an adrenalin rush for him any longer. LOL.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
You just stereotyped stereotypers.......lol
Oh, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies