Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

Militia groups should help out as needed as well. Put them where they can keep an eye on the feds at the same time.
Remember The Alamo and Forget Obamo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What has sending the guard there accomplished?
Sheesh, give it a few days at least.

BTW What has Obama accomplished by causing this in the first place?

What has he done to fix this ?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wendy Davis (D) not only supports his move but wants deputies and law enforcement sent down there.
And you're in Texas and don't know this ?
Her words:

But State Senator and Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis of Fort Worth blasted Governor Perry’s announcement. “We need boots on the ground there but the Governor has sent the wrong boots to be on the ground.”
Davis also said she’s disappointed the Governor hasn’t called a special legislative session to hear local leaders from border communities tell what they need.
Other Democrats, including State Representative Roberto Alonzo of Dallas say Governor Perry is unnecessarily militarizing the border. “The kids are not causing a problem that would necessitate having one thousand troops.”
So Who is not informed here, seems like it ain't me

Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Her words:

But State Senator and Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis of Fort Worth blasted Governor Perry’s announcement. “We need boots on the ground there but the Governor has sent the wrong boots to be on the ground.”
Davis also said she’s disappointed the Governor hasn’t called a special legislative session to hear local leaders from border communities tell what they need.
Other Democrats, including State Representative Roberto Alonzo of Dallas say Governor Perry is unnecessarily militarizing the border. “The kids are not causing a problem that would necessitate having one thousand troops.”
So Who is not informed here, seems like it ain't me
Ah yes..Dems "after the fact" with what Perry "should have done instead".

Davis is supporting him indirectly if you read between the lines.
But we can't have Dems coming out and doing that these days, can we ?

I'm no fan of Perry but the Dem opponent you guys put up for Governor last election made me vote for Perry.
And now you have Davis..a self proclaimed progressive who is trying to act conservative enough to get Texas votes.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Despite rush of children, undocumented immigration low - El Paso Times
"Here's a look at some numbers on the immigration situation.
-In the last budget year, Border Patrol agents arrested about 420,000 people, most of them along the Mexican border. That followed a three-year trend of near record low numbers of apprehensions.
-Overall, the number of immigrants caught sneaking across the border remains at near historic low levels.
-The last time so few people were arrested at the country's borders was 1973, when the Border Patrol recorded just fewer than 500,000 arrests.
-The number of people being arrested at the border remains dramatically lower than the all-time high of more than 1.6 million people in 2000.
What makes the situation on the border today different is who is crossing and where.
-Since 2012 the number of unaccompanied children caught at the border has been steadily rising.
- Most of the border crossers are being caught along a narrow stretch of border in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, taxing resources in a single corner of the border.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:21 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
The kids are the anchor. The rest of the families will follow.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Ah yes..Dems "after the fact" with what Perry "should have done instead".

Davis is supporting him indirectly if you read between the lines.
But we can't have Dems coming out and doing that these days, can we ?

I'm no fan of Perry but the Dem opponent you guys put up for Governor last election made me vote for Perry.
And now you have Davis..a self proclaimed progressive who is trying to act conservative enough to get Texas votes.
Oh, I am so sorry I did not know we were supposed to be reading Between the lines, darn, the space between the lines on my screen are just blank. So if there is nothing there do we get to make up stuff and say that us what they really meant?
I did not like the last candidate last time either but could not in my right mind vote for Perry, he is an embarassment to the Great State of Texas.
I will vote for Davis this time around, she won't win but come the next election cycle and if she runs it will be very likely she will win, Texas is slowly but surely getting tired of the BS that has been coming out of Austin for years now. Within 10 years Texas will be once again Blue, count on it.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh, I am so sorry I did not know we were supposed to be reading Between the lines, darn, the space between the lines on my screen are just blank. So if there is nothing there do we get to make up stuff and say that us what they really meant?
I did not like the last candidate last time either but could not in my right mind vote for Perry, he is an embarassment to the Great State of Texas.
I will vote for Davis this time around, she won't win but come the next election cycle and if she runs it will be very likely she will win, Texas is slowly but surely getting tired of the BS that has been coming out of Austin for years now. Within 10 years Texas will be once again Blue, count on it.
Where are the Anne Richards types or the Bob Bullock types these days ?
You act like Texas has always been Repub.
Dems had 39 Governors in the state's history compared to 5 Republicans.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The kids are the anchor. The rest of the families will follow.
This is what too many people do not seem to understand. I can't believe how many actually think these kids got here all by themselves with no strings attached.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Where are the Anne Richards types or the Bob Bullock types these days ?
You act like Texas has always been Repub.
Dems had 39 Governors in the state's history compared to 5 Republicans.
I wish we had more of them.
Actually that is why I say it will go back, the Repubs have not been the best thing for Texas, especially the last two Repubs supposedly leading the state and one went on the screw up the oval office and the other wants to do the same. It is only outsiders that believe Texas has a long history of Republican rule and nothing could be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies