Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How is this meant to address "little children from Central America detained in squalor?"
Is the National Guard going to free them and do what with them?

Oh, well. Leave it Gov. Perry to put on a show now that the number of refugees has fallen dramatically.
The reason the numbers have fallen dramatically is because the train derailed. I expect it to pick up again shortly. The Washington Post had an article the other day saying the Administration thinks there will be about 90,000 people by September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
You don't have freedom to erode.... the lack of a freedom of movement supports that. Laws that punish peaceful people for changing location are bad laws and bad laws should be disobeyed.

Would you follow the fugitive slave act if you were born under it?

There is no price to being a free man, that is just a stupid quote from country songs. If you are not free without government, you are not free with it.
Really tell that to the illegals and how the vote for what ever leftist who will give them papers and welfare....Better yet look a California.

You are such a smart person, how can you not see this...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Is this good idea ?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Gov. Rick Perry is deploying up to 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border over the next month to combat what he said Monday were criminals exploiting a surge of children pouring into the U.S. illegally.

Perry, a vocal critic of the White House's response to the border crisis who is himself mulling a second presidential run, said the state has a responsibility to act after "lip service and empty promises" from Washington.
"I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor," the governor said.
The deployment of National Guard troops, which may act in a law enforcement capacity under state authority, will cost Texas an estimated $12 million per month. They will simply be "referring and deterring" immigrants and not detaining people, Texas Adjutant General John Nichols said. But he added that the National Guard could take people into custody if need be.
"We think they'll come to us and say, 'Please take us to a Border Patrol station," Nichols said.
Messages seeking comment were left with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Perry bristled at suggestions from some Democratic state lawmakers and business groups that his move means Texas is militarizing is southern border

Perry sending National Guard troops to border
It's about time, at least Perry has a backbone, unlike that inept all talk COWARD TRAITOR Obama !!!!

This decision took leadership skills, something Obama sorely lacks.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Freightshaker, it will only stop when these people not near the border start to see what you're seeing. The thing that really irritates me is that it's the people that need to see it the most who are complaining the loudest about receiving some of these "refuges". I read something about city leaders in Lynn, Mass, complaining that they've been taking these kids in for a while now and are running out of resources. The school people had the nerve to say it was affecting academics, they didn't have resources for ESL, yada yada yada. I think it's about time these people are made to understand what states on the border have been dealing with for years.

Like you, I used to have a great deal of sympathy for illegals, but the last few years it seems to be more of a criminal element coming here. You're on the border, but I'm in the city they come to after they cross through your area. Houston is now a human trafficking hub, plus it's always been a big drug smuggling hub. Watch the news or read a paper, or take a gander at the sex offender registry in this area, and you'll be struck by how many have Spanish names. We have the Texas Syndicate, MS-13, and I'm sure many more Hispanic gangs around here.

Don't get me wrong, I actually have great friends who are Hispanic. I have always had good friends who are Hispanic. It's a great culture, the people are friendly, and they really are very hard workers. I really have more of a problem with the current influx of illegals that seem bent on bringing their cartels up here, and a president that not only does nothing to stop the influx, but encourages it.
You can use sympathy or logic and reason, we have use the former to get into this mess, and we will have to used the latter to get out of it..

Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
At best this is closing the fence gate after the stampede.
Such a great description.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Really tell that to the illegals and how the vote for what ever leftist who will give them papers and welfare....Better yet look a California.

You are such a smart person, how can you not see this...
I am completely against the existence of welfare. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is just as wrong as Robbing Peter to pay Pablo. Either way, despite the best intentions, I am being robbed under the threat of violence to pay for something I do not believe in.

I advocate open borders but I DO NOT advocate the existence of a welfare system at all. I have no problem with people crossing a border, working, and bettering their lives.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
It's about time. 20 years overdue (at least).

Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
I am completely against the existence of welfare. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is just as wrong as Robbing Peter to pay Pablo. Either way, despite the best intentions, I am being robbed under the threat of violence to pay for something I do not believe in.

I advocate open borders but I DO NOT advocate the existence of a welfare system at all. I have no problem with people crossing a border, working, and bettering their lives.

At one time, I felt the same way. There were good and honorable people coming across that only wanted to earn a decent living and go home. That is not what we are getting today and unless you are in the center of it, you have no earthly idea of the crime and violence that are coming into this country with the new wave of illegal immigrants. It's changed and changed dramatically. Very soon if all continues as it currently is, every city in the US will have a substantial number of these illegals in your midst. They won't work, but they will commit crimes. They will kill your children and grandchildren. They will molest your 9 year old daughter. They will kidnap you and hold you for ransom. Welcome to the new illegal mentality.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:59 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
[/b]

At one time, I felt the same way. There were good and honorable people coming across that only wanted to earn a decent living and go home. That is not what we are getting today and unless you are in the center of it, you have no earthly idea of the crime and violence that are coming into this country with the new wave of illegal immigrants. It's changed and changed dramatically. Very soon if all continues as it currently is, every city in the US will have a substantial number of these illegals in your midst. They won't work, but they will commit crimes. They will kill your children and grandchildren. They will molest your 9 year old daughter. They will kidnap you and hold you for ransom. Welcome to the new illegal mentality.
I personally know illegal aliens, I have had them as co-workers, and recently. They are honest and hard working. EVERY SINGLE ONE I HAVE MET.

Painting with a broad brush may get the job done quicker, but it is less accurate.

If they are kidnapping, killing, whatever.... the crime is kidnapping, killing, etc... NOT crossing a border.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:

So if you are being robbed why are supporting people most likely to support the current system of robbing?

Why do you support their actions and ability for them to come here and rob?

That could work, but we have a welfare system now, and a open border now..You see what is wrong with this picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies