Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 09:23 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I just read gunlovers post and I can't see where he mentions Mexicans. Please point this out for me. These illegals are coming from all over South America, and some even from the middle east, china and all over the globe. It doesn't matter where they come from. What does matter is they are migrating into this country illegally. There is a legal means of entering this country. It may be slow and cumbersome but nothing worthwhile ever comes without a price. It's time ALL immigrants into this country paid that price in order to come here. You keep bantering about freedom, but have yet to acknowledge that there is a price to pay to be a free man. There is no easy path and if we continue to allow illegal migration into this country, our freedoms will eventually erode even more than they have.
You don't have freedom to erode.... the lack of a freedom of movement supports that. Laws that punish peaceful people for changing location are bad laws and bad laws should be disobeyed.

Would you follow the fugitive slave act if you were born under it?

There is no price to being a free man, that is just a stupid quote from country songs. If you are not free without government, you are not free with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:25 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Nice try but illegals are illegals.. Doesn't matter if they are from Mexico or France.. Send them all home and let them migrate according to the laws of our country. You know, like legal immigrants do every day. I have lived on the border most of my life and it's not "the poor children" that are coming across. There are children and there are also criminals. Organized criminals that kidnap, extort, rape, murder and commit countless crimes that we all have to pay for in one way or the other. There was a time in my life when I had a great deal of compassion for illegals. That has changed as has the type of illegals that are now crossing our borders. It's not about money,, it's about public safety. The safety of every man woman and child in this country. This invasion has to be brought to a stop and those who have already invaded need to be returned to their homeland, regardless of where that may be.
Freightshaker, it will only stop when these people not near the border start to see what you're seeing. The thing that really irritates me is that it's the people that need to see it the most who are complaining the loudest about receiving some of these "refuges". I read something about city leaders in Lynn, Mass, complaining that they've been taking these kids in for a while now and are running out of resources. The school people had the nerve to say it was affecting academics, they didn't have resources for ESL, yada yada yada. I think it's about time these people are made to understand what states on the border have been dealing with for years.

Like you, I used to have a great deal of sympathy for illegals, but the last few years it seems to be more of a criminal element coming here. You're on the border, but I'm in the city they come to after they cross through your area. Houston is now a human trafficking hub, plus it's always been a big drug smuggling hub. Watch the news or read a paper, or take a gander at the sex offender registry in this area, and you'll be struck by how many have Spanish names. We have the Texas Syndicate, MS-13, and I'm sure many more Hispanic gangs around here.

Don't get me wrong, I actually have great friends who are Hispanic. I have always had good friends who are Hispanic. It's a great culture, the people are friendly, and they really are very hard workers. I really have more of a problem with the current influx of illegals that seem bent on bringing their cartels up here, and a president that not only does nothing to stop the influx, but encourages it.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:29 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
The National Guard is there, according to Adjutant General John Nichols, head of the Texas Military Forces, to "refer and deter". Deterring them with physical presence and referring any people that they see that they believe are illegal immigrants to the DPS.

They will also help with surveillance and will help to deploy aircraft (operating drones), etc. to monitor the Border. This frees up the DPS to do the things the National Guard cannot do.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:30 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Freightshaker, it will only stop when these people not near the border start to see what you're seeing. The thing that really irritates me is that it's the people that need to see it the most who are complaining the loudest about receiving some of these "refuges". I read something about city leaders in Lynn, Mass, complaining that they've been taking these kids in for a while now and are running out of resources. The school people had the nerve to say it was affecting academics, they didn't have resources for ESL, yada yada yada. I think it's about time these people are made to understand what states on the border have been dealing with for years.

Like you, I used to have a great deal of sympathy for illegals, but the last few years it seems to be more of a criminal element coming here. You're on the border, but I'm in the city they come to after they cross through your area. Houston is now a human trafficking hub, plus it's always been a big drug smuggling hub. Watch the news or read a paper, or take a gander at the sex offender registry in this area, and you'll be struck by how many have Spanish names. We have the Texas Syndicate, MS-13, and I'm sure many more Hispanic gangs around here.

Don't get me wrong, I actually have great friends who are Hispanic. I have always had good friends who are Hispanic. It's a great culture, the people are friendly, and they really are very hard workers. I really have more of a problem with the current influx of illegals that seem bent on bringing their cartels up here, and a president that not only does nothing to stop the influx, but encourages it.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
At best this is closing the fence gate after the stampede.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

Of course, do people think that a group who has no respect for immigration laws will respect any other laws?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
I would agree that our freedom has been eroded, but it has nothing to do with the migration of people across our borders. What it does have to do with is a controlling, overgrown over burdensome government. The price of freedom is more than the lyrics to some song you listen to. The price of freedom has been paid from this nations birth by millions of men and women. If you don't understand the price of freedom, I suggest you go visit our cemetery at Normandy. I suggest you visit Arlington as well as graveyards all over this country that are filled with the men and women who have died for your freedom for over 200 years. What contributions can we expect from an individual whose very entry into this country is a criminal act? There is nothing stopping anyone in the world from coming here.. Just do so legally and you are welcomed here. All countries have borders and immigration laws. No country truly has "open borders". The concept is a non existent.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Sure is easy to say when your ancestors just had to show up at Ellis Island to come here "legally". (They also committed mass genocide of the locals.) It takes YEARS to go through the "legal" process today...

(Assuming you are not Native American.)
Let's face it, Xander, the days when everything took vast amounts of labor, from working a farm to a factory, to even working in a kitchen have changed. We've lost a lot of our jobs due to outsourcing and automation, and now we have a larger population with a smaller workforce participation rate than any time in the recent past. If these people used this energy to fix their own countries and create opportunities there, they'd be better off than coming here.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't question that there are some gang members but they are in the minority, fences won't work across a 150 mile border not to mention the entire Gulf of Mexico. The still go over the fences that are already built.

The topic is the National Guard, are they going to arrest these kids, fire warning shots. This is a big mistake on Perry's part.
No fence do work across a almost 2000 mile border.

Do you have any idea how much it would smuggles to use the gulf, plus how easy it will be to stop those boats with recon drones and the coast guard to point them back home?

We stop a great many of the ones that do climb over and return them, but if you put razor wire they will not try it...

Fences work overwhelmingly, you just don't want them because they will work and you have no counter defense, case in point how well the work in San Diego.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
I just read gunlovers post and I can't see where he mentions Mexicans. Please point this out for me. These illegals are coming from all over South America, and some even from the middle east, china and all over the globe. It doesn't matter where they come from. What does matter is they are migrating into this country illegally. There is a legal means of entering this country. It may be slow and cumbersome but nothing worthwhile ever comes without a price. It's time ALL immigrants into this country paid that price in order to come here. You keep bantering about freedom, but have yet to acknowledge that there is a price to pay to be a free man. There is no easy path and if we continue to allow illegal migration into this country, our freedoms will eventually erode even more than they have.
Another person who took the Red Pill, Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies