Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'm not a fan of public unions. Still, I don't see how you can ban a group of people from assembling and working together to create leverage.
The legal term for this is "extortion".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 AM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
"Hooray for lower wages and less workplace protections! Let's all race to Third World status! Those kind hearted corporations will protect us and provide for all! USA! USA! USA!"
With a wide open border and pending amnesty those Union boys better be looking over their shoulders.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 AM

89,047 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
They already have been. Union membership nationwide is only about 10% of the current workforce. Some of the neo-cons are railing against a boogeyman who no longer exists.
It's a HUGE issue in many cities and states. Public employee unions were promised overly generous and highly unrealistic pension benefits in exchange for votes for Democrats.
Pandemic of pension woes is plaguing the nation

Detroit has already been smacked upside the head by reality. Which city or state is next?

Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The legal term for this is "extortion".
Unions are the only bulwark for the common worker against outright corporate exploitation and extortion. Many in this country have bought into the trickle down corporatist philosophy, though, so they basically don't mind being owned by their pay masters.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
I believe those supporting the killing off of public unions should have their name and address supplied to all police and fire stations in the state, that way when first responders respond to calls for help from the same people that attacked them they can be assisted in the best way the emergency responders deem fit.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Your take perfectly fits the progressive dogma. Seek and destroy any who do not agree with you, for surely they are your enemies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I believe those supporting the killing off of public unions should have their name and address supplied to all police and fire stations in the state, that way when first responders respond to calls for help from the same people that attacked them they can be assisted in the best way the emergency responders deem fit.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Your take perfectly fits the progressive dogma. Seek and destroy any who do not agree with you, for surely they are your enemies.
Nope, I just believe first responders should know who they are responding to so that they can set their priorities properly.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,565 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"they were all true" You need to get new news sources. NOT ONE was true and she was exonerated, I know I used a big word, do you know what exonerated means?, from EVERY SINGLE ONE.
One would have to back up his claim that She was exonerated to argue that someone else needs new sources.

Further more, an ethics complaint was filed against Palin or not acknowledging the Juneteenth holiday. She indeed did not acknowledge the holiday officially so the complaint, however stupid, was indeed true, as was the majority.

I said majority this time, because there is probably some ethics complaint that she didnt brush her teeth on 1/07/2008 and there is no way to prove that either way. However you arguing an absolute without providing proof is laughable.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
All of you lefties can stop complaining now.

It's the law!

"Elections have consequences!"

Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,565 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
What about the whole

" I respect my neighbor's right not to own a gun signs " that republicans continue to post to facebook, is that not the same thing in principle ?

Seek and destroy ?

Heck we can one up that to any subject you want, The CHristian Right loves to name call when someone doesnt agree with their ideology/theology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies