Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:12 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

[quote=shooting4life;35906196]I still don't understand why people think unions have employees best interests in mind. The only thing the union worries about is increasing the power of the union.[/QUOTE]

I know some would disagree but they do look out for the middle class. My co pay for a doctors visit is $10 and I pay $2 dollars for each prescription. If this is going to increase the power of the unions then I say hell yes lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Unions give tons of money to Dems.

Dems are the party of Big Government.

The government (in the form of Gov. Walker) goes after private unions.

A rich irony.

I say crush them all into dust.
Yeah, unions give to the Democrats because THE REPUBLICANS HATE WORKING PEOPLE. What part of this do you not get? YOU DON'T GIVE MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT FOR YOU

Old 08-01-2014, 10:04 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
My God what the hell is next? The KKK complaining that black people don't support them?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
[quote=natalie469;35911797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I still don't understand why people think unions have employees best interests in mind. The only thing the union worries about is increasing the power of the union.[/QUOTE]

I know some would disagree but they do look out for the middle class. My co pay for a doctors visit is $10 and I pay $2 dollars for each prescription. If this is going to increase the power of the unions then I say hell yes lol
Did you earn your benifits by a skill you provide to your employer or does your union give you benifits?

The only thing the union looks out for is themselves, and they have tricked many into believing differently. I don't know what you do, but if you were in the trades where you get laid off sporadically, guess what the union makes sure to do for you when you are out of work? Do they help you get unemployment? Nope. Do they work for you to find additional work? Nope Do they train you to make you more marketable? Nope do they make sure you pay your union dues no matter what? Yep

The union passifies workers on a near daily basis, they keep telling you that they are the ones that get you pay or benifits or retirement, but they will never mention that you were the one that provided value to an employers and earned the pay, benifits and retirement.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM

[quote=shooting4life;35912412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Did you earn your benifits by a skill you provide to your employer or does your union give you benifits?

The only thing the union looks out for is themselves, and they have tricked many into believing differently. I don't know what you do, but if you were in the trades where you get laid off sporadically, guess what the union makes sure to do for you when you are out of work? Do they help you get unemployment? Nope. Do they work for you to find additional work? Nope Do they train you to make you more marketable? Nope do they make sure you pay your union dues no matter what? Yep

The union passifies workers on a near daily basis, they keep telling you that they are the ones that get you pay or benifits or retirement, but they will never mention that you were the one that provided value to an employers and earned the pay, benifits and retirement.
Yes, they do all of that. And they absolutely train you. And union members have great pay, benefits and retirement. I'm not sure what local unions you are talking about because some may be corrupt. That's not the case with most. They treat their employees very well.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
more law suits and appeals coming. police firemen teachers social workers and nurses are all affected by this ruling.
i dont think they will take this lying down.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:56 PM

[quote=natalie469;35912667]
Quote:

Yes, they do all of that. And they absolutely train you. And union members have great pay, benefits and retirement. I'm not sure what local unions you are talking about because some may be corrupt. That's not the case with most. They treat their employees very well.
You are not an employee of the union. The union takes a cut of your pay and another cut from your actual employer because those in the union believe that they get more as a group than by negotiating pay as an individual. To expand on that, it makes more sense to be part of the union if you believe that you, as a worker are bellow average compared to your co workers so their talents bring up your pay scale. If you, as a worker, believe that you are above average then the union to stopping you from earning to your full potential because the group is dragging your pay scale down.

Which are you? And above average worker or a bellow average worker?

You have been brainwashed.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 PM

[quote=shooting4life;35912723]
Quote:

You are not an employee of the union. The union takes a cut of your pay and another cut from your actual employer because those in the union believe that they get more as a group than by negotiating pay as an individual. To expand on that, it makes more sense to be part of the union if you believe that you, as a worker are bellow average compared to your co workers so their talents bring up your pay scale. If you, as a worker, believe that you are above average then the union to stopping you from earning to your full potential because the group is dragging your pay scale down.

Which are you? And above average worker or a bellow average worker?

You have been brainwashed.
No, benefits are too good. What union are you in that you hate so much.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 PM

[quote=natalie469;35912776]
Quote:

No, benefits are too good. What union are you in that you hate so much.
I have been lucky enough to opt out of my union after promoting.

Unlike you, I realize that my benefits come from my employer who pays me money and benefits to perform a task that I am really good at. If it wasn't for the union, I would be able to negotiate my own compensation package, instead I get lumped in with a bunch of legacy employees who are protected by the same union.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 PM

[quote=shooting4life;35912789]
Quote:

I have been lucky enough to opt out of my union after promoting.

Unlike you, I realize that my benefits come from my employer who pays me money and benefits to perform a task that I am really good at. If it wasn't for the union, I would be able to negotiate my own compensation package, instead I get lumped in with a bunch of legacy employees who are protected by the same union.
Do you really think your employer would care what you wanted. They pay want they want. Are you that special that they would pay more. I'm just asking...because unions negotiate for a better pay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies