Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
For Allah's warriors 1M casualties is a reasonable price to pay.
we are fortunate to not have to deal with these people over here. the islamic world is just one big murder party every day. i hear a big stink over 1,000 "civilian" dead in gaza, what about the 200k dead in syria? the thousands butchered by ISIS? whatever, once ISIS is stopped the Shia militias in the south can start butchering sunnis in revenge. why do we pretend that israel has to deal with these people as if they are rational minded folk where diplomacy makes any sense?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:24 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
I move into a neighborhood/land my relatives had owned long before. However, the neighbors are mad because I moved back into a place I rightfully lay claim to. I set up my home, all in peace. Several of my neighbors attack me and my children on many fronts, all at once. I beat them back and stay put. Everyday my neighbors launch harmful objects at my house, often shooting them under the cover of night, from different areas throughout the neighborhood, to lessen their chances of getting caught. When I rightfully confront them with force on the issue, they hide behind their women and children, knowing full well that when confrontation erupts, most likely their women/children will also be injured. These same neighbors want my whole family dead, simply because they dont like me. They tell the news reporters that Im the one who is being "unfair". They cry when their women and children are caught up in the melee. Oddly enough, the rest of my neighborhood sides with my hateful neighbors, all because I retaliate, and rightfully so. I just want to live in peace in a place my forefathers set aside for me.

Sound familiar?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I rightfully lay claim to
Based on a 3,500 year-old book of mythology. The other groups have their own books of mythology that they use to "rightfully lay claim" to the same area. These groups have been fighting for millennia. What makes you think that they are ever going to stop?

The only reason the US cares about the region is because of the disproportionate influence of one religious group, and the doomsday mythology of another religious group.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Based on a 3,500 year-old book of mythology.
Yeah, mmmhmmm, lets call it "mythology".

Regardless, explain to me how Israel came to be almost 2,000 years before the rise of Islam? And did you know that when the Romans came up with the word "Palestine", it was given to those living in the region, which ironically, were mostly Jews? And prior to that, the few people that inhabited the land got along peacefully! And if the land is so "precious" to the Arabs, can you please point out ONE passage in the Koran that refers to Jerusalem? I can point out over 800 references in the Bible.

Point is, there were no "Palestinians", that name was given to the Jews by the Romans. If they want the fighting to stop, all the "Palestinians" have to do is quit being nasty and live in peace. You stir the hornets nest, youll get stung.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Yeah, mmmhmmm, lets call it "mythology".

Regardless, explain to me how Israel came to be almost 2,000 years before the rise of Islam? And did you know that when the Romans came up with the word "Palestine", it was given to those living in the region, which ironically, were mostly Jews? And prior to that, the few people that inhabited the land got along peacefully! And if the land is so "precious" to the Arabs, can you please point out ONE passage in the Koran that refers to Jerusalem? I can point out over 800 references in the Bible.

Point is, there were no "Palestinians", that name was given to the Jews by the Romans. If they want the fighting to stop, all the "Palestinians" have to do is quit being nasty and live in peace. You stir the hornets nest, youll get stung.
I'm not up on the history of that region, but all I know is: Israel doesn't want to exterminate, Hamas does.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I'm not up on the history of that region, but all I know is: Israel doesn't want to exterminate, Hamas does.
Exactly. Theres no tolerance on Hamas' behalf, yet they have the world's support. Stupid is as stupid does!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:33 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Should have leaders of Hamas face war crimes in Hague Belgium for shooting arms from populated areas

Old 08-11-2014, 03:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
I move into a neighborhood/land my relatives had owned long before. However, the neighbors are mad because I moved back into a place I rightfully lay claim to. I set up my home, all in peace. Several of my neighbors attack me and my children on many fronts, all at once. I beat them back and stay put. Everyday my neighbors launch harmful objects at my house, often shooting them under the cover of night, from different areas throughout the neighborhood, to lessen their chances of getting caught. When I rightfully confront them with force on the issue, they hide behind their women and children, knowing full well that when confrontation erupts, most likely their women/children will also be injured. These same neighbors want my whole family dead, simply because they dont like me. They tell the news reporters that Im the one who is being "unfair". They cry when their women and children are caught up in the melee. Oddly enough, the rest of my neighborhood sides with my hateful neighbors, all because I retaliate, and rightfully so. I just want to live in peace in a place my forefathers set aside for me.

Sound familiar?
No. Who are you talking about? Israel? We carved that land out and gave it to the Jews after WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Should have leaders of Hamas face war crimes in Hague Belgium for shooting arms from populated areas
That happens every day in S. America.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:04 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,516,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Why blame Israel for trying to defend itself? If they wanted to kill innocent people they could easily have done better. They attacked Hamas rocket launching areas, it just so happens Hamas put those areas in high density populated areas, most of which were innocent children and elders. No way Israel is to blame for their deaths.
I already addressed this entire argument in a previous post. Don't feel like going in circles

Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No. Who are you talking about? Israel? We carved that land out and gave it to the Jews after WW2
I see someone didnt pay attention in World History class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies