Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 06:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So all you gunnies are going on a rage to modify the second so you can bear arms only if properly trained?

I don't think so.
So all you anti-gunnies are going on a rage to take away people's cars due to the reckless and irresponsible actions of one single individual?

I don't think so.

Ariz. boy crashes car during joyride, leaving 6-year-old sister dead, police say | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 06:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,229,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So all you anti-gunnies are going on a rage to take away people's cars due to the reckless and irresponsible actions of one single individual?

I don't think so.

Ariz. boy crashes car during joyride, leaving 6-year-old sister dead, police say | Fox News
We "anti-gunnies" aren't going around trying to say guns save lives.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You beat me to it. She had a chambered, unholstered gun, without the safety on. Could not have been a double action, the kid would not have been able pull the trigger. Even in the purse it should have been in a holster that covers the trigger.
It should not be mandated, but if you choose to buy a firearm for the first time, get some quality training.
Maybe she was carrying a gun that doesn't have a safety. Why do people drone on and on trying to impress us with their so called knowledge when they have no clue what they're talking about?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:33 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,439,716 times
this instance is just a example of a far more likely outcome than a gun used to protect you or your family.

Keep guns secured, in a safe, and locked away.

recreation fine

collecting fine

protection? dumb idea

Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You have to wonder why she really needed a handgun. Idaho? Yeah, it's a( legal) gun culture and its the seventh safest state to live in, crime wise. I know, its safe BECAUSE its a gun culture. Granted.
Assuming it was a revolver, the child might have been able to take off the safety. If it was a semi automatic, then I strongly doubt he could have chambered a round. It sounds like she had a round chambered or the safety off or both. That was careless and stupid. But then again we're back to it being Idaho. How dangerous is a small town in Idaho? She may have been from out of the area visiting relatives according to the article. Having a gun around a toddler was stupid.
Revolvers don't have safeties.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
A tragedy - but as the right wing posters keep telling us - only trash shops at Walmart.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Revolvers don't have safeties.
Was it a revolver?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We "anti-gunnies" aren't going around trying to say guns save lives.
That's too bad because if you did you'd be making a true statement for once.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:36 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,841,743 times
It's the accidental shootings that concern me the most, not just for myself but for friends and family.

Here's just some of the items from today's news, in addition to the shooting which is the subject of this thread.

-- A 10-year-old was accidentally shot in the leg when his father was cleaning a gun that had not been unloaded, police said. Greenwood boy hurt in accidental shooting | WISH-TV

-- Around 11:50 p.m. Saturday, Middletown police responded to the 2000 block of Queen Avenue for reports of two people shot. Middletown Police Lt. Scott Reeve said a group of friends were looking at a gun that one of the friends had just gotten when James Terrell, 35, of Middletown, accidentally shot himself in the hand. “He (Terrell) didn’t think it was loaded,” Reeve said. “He has told us the first time he pulled the trigger he had his hand on the muzzle … and he pulled the trigger and nothing happened. He backed his hand off and pulled again and a bullet went through his hand and into his friend that was sitting next to him.” The bullet traveled through Terrell’s hand and hit the stomach of Aaron T. Johnson, 27, of Monroe. Both men were taken to Atrium Medical Center where Johnson later died, police said. Monroe man killed in accidental shooting | www.journal-news.com

-- 10-year-old killed in accidental shooting in DeKalb County - CBS46 News

-- 4-Year-Old Dies Following Accidental Shooting

-- Teen injured in shooting at gun range

Old 12-30-2014, 06:37 PM

274 posts, read 239,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This is simply collateral damage of the second amendment.

It is presumed the good done by the 2nd overcomes such loses.

I doubt it is possible to do an accounting so we take it on faith.
As opposed to the presumed good done by cleansing the Amendments from the Constitution which scare us would no doubt overcome the tragic losses of life that would result.

Undoubtedly there is no way to account for any such benefit so we should take it on faith.

I mean as long as we prefer to spend the evening "presuming". How many other fortune cookie revelations do you have tucked away for just such an occasion?

I presume you agree this was a tragic accident.

Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies