Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 06:58 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
The Mother acted irresponsibly and paid the ultimate price.
Her children paid a pretty heavy price, too, even though they didn't do anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 06:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It might. But as long as there are anti gunners that would use these licenses to remove guns if they got the chance, 2a supporters won't let this happen.
Well then there you have it, the solution is to do nothing. Gun safety? Who cares about that, it would infringe an idiot's right to own a gun.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:04 PM

274 posts, read 238,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Cars are registered and drivers are licensed.

Might work for guns too.
And yet tens of thousands of people die a year across the Country and indeed the World as a result of people who took a driving test both written and actual as well as an eye exam and registered their Cars broke the law or drove irresponsibly. Stupid and irresponsible is not prevented by having a license or registration period. Never has nor ever will this be the case. So let us all endeavor to use sound judgement and responsbility whether it be with our health, economy, security, families, careers, civic duties, or our interactions with others. I would be willing to bet this would clear up a number of problems we face not just Gun deaths.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:05 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,523,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then there you have it, the solution is to do nothing. Gun safety? Who cares about that, it would infringe an idiot's right to own a gun.
Yep, because what are you going to do? Tell another young mother she can't protect her kids from a home invader? Or even just a rabid animal? Are you going to tell the thousands of people who have successfully fended off lethal attacks that you'd rather they be dead so you can advance an ideology?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ever burn your finger? Ever cut yourself while cooking. Ever accidentally spill or destroy something? Ever accidently hurt soemone else? Then you must be an idiot and we need to be protected from you lest you strike again...

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Yep, because what are you going to do? Tell another young mother she can't protect her kids from a home invader? Or even just a rabid animal? Are you going to tell the thousands of people who have successfully fended off lethal attacks that you'd rather they be dead so you can advance an ideology?
Actually I would tell them that it is important to practice gun safety and that people should be able to prove that they have passed gun safety requirements to own a gun. It might reduce the number of morons owning guns that creates stories like this one.

No where in that post did I ever say one cannot own a gun, just that gun safety needs to be the number one thing we need to do with the purchase of a gun. Or we can just stick to this ideology garbage, which my response to you would be should we have things like this happen where this child will have to grow up knowing they shot their own mother due to her carelessness and lack of gun safety knowledge?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
The answer is to stop with your irrational fears and using them to blame an inanimate object.
People leave kids unattended in cars and even get run over and killed as a result. If you are careless you stand the chance of suffering great bodily injury or death whatever in1animate object you are handling. The Mother acted irresponsibly and paid the ultimate price. Ban Alchohol becuase people act irresponsibly and other people get killed as a result. We could add to the list but I am sure you get the idea.

Happy New Year!
Stop with the deflection nonsense. NO ONE BLAMES THE HARDWARE! It's the idiots allowed access and even encouraged to possess them that are at fault. With their proliferation has come an arrogant disregarding of their danger in lieu of the cachet of ownership.

None of those other things are designed for the express purpose of inflicting harm when used exactly as designed, either accidentally or deliberately.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Ever burn your finger? Ever cut yourself while cooking. Ever accidentally spill or destroy something? Ever accidently hurt soemone else? Then you must be an idiot and we need to be protected from you lest you strike again...

Happy New Year!
I learned how to be safe when cooking before I learned how to cook. That is why I don't put my hand on a hot burner or stick my fingers in the way of the knife when cutting anything. The key to this is SAFETY. We as a country do a p*ss poor job and pushing gun safety and it shows.

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Quote:
And yet tens of thousands of people die a year across the Country and indeed the World as a result of people who took a driving test both written and actual as well as an eye exam and registered their Cars broke the law or drove irresponsibly. Stupid and irresponsible is not prevented by having a license or registration period. Never has nor ever will this be the case. So let us all endeavor to use sound judgement and responsbility whether it be with our health, economy, security, families, careers, civic duties, or our interactions with others. I would be willing to bet this would clear up a number of problems we face not just Gun deaths.

Happy New Year!
Interesting. So you hold that the streets would be better if we suspended license and insurance requirements? Got a source for that?

As I said early on. This death is clearly collateral damage. There are lots of collateral damage deaths from automobiles. But the general view is that we live with those deaths for the good we get from automobiles.

Why are you gunnies resistant to making the same point on hand gun ownership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Her children paid a pretty heavy price, too, even though they didn't do anything wrong.
Many times accidents have consequences. Sometimes these consequences are severe but we do not stop living because bad stuff can happen. I have seen people severely injured while earning living. They didn't quit they got medical help and recovered and went back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies