Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, all they do is ask and if it was when you were 12 then you pass. Speaking from experience, I applied and when asked I said, "yes." Not telling them I was 12 yrs old when I took the class. At the time I applied, I was 45.

Idaho is lax on animal abuse, child abuse and CWP......I do have to say most towns in Idaho are VERY small and the chances of finding a safety instructor might be tough. The bigger cities have them, but most don't want to travel to get to them. I kind of think a safety course should be taken in the way we take a test to get our first driver licence. Our town has been looking for 3 years for an instructor to stay longer than 3 months, something about the snow keeps people moving.
I don't know about all of Idaho but Center Target in Post Falls has a good one. In Florida we have to attend a class, show the instructor we can safely operate the firearm, then submit the paper that confirms this with the rest of the CCW paperwork when applying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:50 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I don't know about all of Idaho but Center Target in Post Falls has a good one. In Florida we have to attend a class, show the instructor we can safely operate the firearm, then submit the paper that confirms this with the rest of the CCW paperwork when applying.
In Arizona you just go into a store and buy a gun. No class needed. I learned to shoot at High School (which also had an indoor range) and safety was high on the agenda. When I bought my gun I took a refresher with an NRA certified instructor. But nothing required me to do that. Safety training would not cure us of idiots just as we have idiots driving cars who have passed a test. But it might reduce the number of idiots.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:51 PM

274 posts, read 239,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
National registry including "private" transfers.
Horrible idea as it allows for confiscation and in fact has occurred in states that have such registries. Besides assume the Gun was Registered and the Bullets were tracked in this incident. She is still Dead.

Quote:
Records database.
The already have this NICS [National Instant Criminal Background Check System]

Quote:
Bullet trackers!
You mean track who purchases Ammo or put Serial Numbers on Bullets? You do realize once a Bullet if fired it is mangled?

All great ideas no one without anything to hide should be against![/quote]

This is not a matter of nothing to hide this is a matter of a Constitutional Right that was designed to protect the Citizenry from Tyranny. A danger as real as it is today as it was in 1776.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Wrong. They want everyone who wants to own one to be able to. No one is saying you should get a firearm if you don't want one. They want people to be able to defend themselves should they need to and choose to.
The "they" to which you refer are our Founding Fathers and they have done very well by us so far I see no reason to dismiss their hard learned experience now.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
300+ million people and one idiot. NEXT
The only missing from your Post is, "Once upon a time..."

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
In Arizona you just go into a store and buy a gun. No class needed. I learned to shoot at High School (which also had an indoor range) and safety was high on the agenda. When I bought my gun I took a refresher with an NRA certified instructor. But nothing required me to do that. Safety training would not cure us of idiots just as we have idiots driving cars who have passed a test. But it might reduce the number of idiots.
You only need safety classes for your carry license in most states. Not to purchase. Arizona you don't even need a license to carry do you?

Old 12-30-2014, 08:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Assuming it was a revolver, the child might have been able to take off the safety.

Guns 101 - Revolvers do not have a safety. They have a very heavy pull, unless the hammer is cocked.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
The "they" to which you refer are our Founding Fathers and they have done very well by us so far I see no reason to dismiss their hard learned experience now.

Happy New Year!
Amen. It won't let me rep you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The odds of being killed by that gun you think you're going to use to protect you are far greater than the odds you'll actually use it to defend yourself.

I feel some pity for the woman, but she made her choice. The child? He is blameless. But one day, he will find out what happened to his mother. And it will haunt him. And he fill inevitably feel guilt, even though he is in no way at fault.

Not only did this woman cause her child to become mother-less, she laid a massive guilt-trip on him that will last the rest of his life.

I feel tremendous pity for the child.

Exactly! So where is all the outrage and calls for licensing and registration of people who want to reproduce. Seems a natural right to me but then again I am not driven by my fears.

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
You only need safety classes for your carry license in most states. Not to purchase. Arizona you don't even need a license to carry do you?
Nope ... not for open or concealed. I have, however, signed up for the CCW class (which allows concealed carry in places that are prohibited of you don't have the permit) mainly because the class covers a number of areas I want to understand better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies