Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
It's designed to shoot people with. The toddler apparently was able to use it as designed too. It isn't designed just for good guys to kill bad guys. When bad guys use them, they're using them properly too. They are functional, not ethical or moral, neither good or bad.
It is the manufactures intent for self preservation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I make a living teaching firearm safety so you would think I would be for mandatory training.... I would make a lot more money. However, (and this has been the topic of instructor seminars) how can you implement this without a records database? How do you enforce this with private party transfers? A lot of people have put their heads together make it work for everyone.
Again, this is what is wrong with this country, we are always going to be anti-safety when it comes to firearms because people will always have this fear that the government will someday come for their guns.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 PM

274 posts, read 239,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So the mom just left her purse unattended and her toddler got into it? If you have a concealed weapon wouldn't you be more mindful of it especially around your kids.
As opposed to say if you had Medication, an Ink Pen, A lighter, a Nail File? You should keep all items out of reach of children that have the potential to cause injury or death period.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:52 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
What am I giving a seminar in common sense? Uh... No.
That much is clear.

Quote:
Looks just as good as Universal Drivers Licenses and Car Registration or as well as Universal Alcohol consumption because you are of age. Since Alcohol is so tightly regulated we no longer have the scourge of underage drinking or DUI's or any of the other problems that go with Alcohol purchase and consumption.
You extrapolated quite a bit from my comments. None of which was intended. You should argue with what I say, not with what I say in your imaginary debate with me. But since you're just itching to argue about this:

1. Nobody that advocates for stricter gun laws says they will lead to zero deaths by firearms.

2. Stricter controls of alcohol for minors and stricter anti DUI laws have undoubtedly been effective at saving lives. The fact that they are not 100% effective does not make them a failure. No law ever passed, even under the most authoritarian of governments has been 100% effective.

3. South Africa might be the toughest place in the world to get a driver's license due to the fact that they have a ridiculously difficult driver's test. So most driver's drive without one. It's also one of the unsafest places in the world to drive a car that isn't an active war zone. So again, although the proper training and licensing of drivers does not lead to 0 fatality auto accidents, it definitely makes driving safer.

Quote:
Because Idiot's use their first Amendment rights all the time and it gets them and others hurt or even killed. Yet it hasn't slowed them down a bit or struck a nerve with the public. But we Americans prefer Individual Liberty and accountability to censorship so we take the risks that come with the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Not just those we chose not to exercise.

Happy New Year!

Show me one person killed by the First Amendment.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You just admitted she's not from there, and yet you call me dishonest. Give it a rest.

BECAUSE YOU FRICKEN LIBERALS HAVE PASSED ENOUGH STUPID LAWS.
She is from the same state this happened in, she isn't from this specific small town she was in. She was from another small town in Idaho. So pointing out that she isn't from there, which is vague to begin with. Is there a point you were trying to make by her not being from that part of Idaho?

Old 12-30-2014, 09:53 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It is the manufactures intent for self preservation.
That's a bit of a stretch. A gun is a functional device, neither good or bad. That's the bottom line.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:55 PM

274 posts, read 239,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
loaded gun in an open purse while shopping in a public store?
im sorry she is dead but poor gun control at best not to mention public and child endangerment.
A failure in Gun Control laws would assume a few things:

1. She was a Criminal with a Gun. Which wouldn't surprise me given the current Administrations penchant for refusing to enforce the law.

2. She was committing a Criminal Act carrying a Concealed Weapon without a permit.

As much as you may want to believe that Gun Control was at fault this in fact may not be the case. What is clear based on what we "do" know is:

A. She was negligent.
B. Her Children lost their Mother.
C. She won't ever do it again.

happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:55 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
As opposed to say if you had Medication, an Ink Pen, A lighter, a Nail File? You should keep all items out of reach of children that have the potential to cause injury or death period.
Oh please, you are comparing these items to having a gun in your purse. That's pretty insane lol How exactly would a 2 year old kill their mother with an ink pen, nail file or lighter that they found in her purse. But absolutely you should keep all medications out of the reach of children.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
No we as a Country do a p*ss poor job on pushing common sense and personal accountability and it shows.
Gun safety is a part of common sense and personal accountability. Good to see you agree with me.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Again, this is what is wrong with this country, we are always going to be anti-safety when it comes to firearms because people will always have this fear that the government will someday come for their guns.
History shows that is exactly what has happened in the past. Currently in California, if you are going through divorce, no matter how amicable, a document similar to a restraining order is issued. Because of registration there, guns are being confiscated in these circumstances. After hurricane Katrina, cops went door to door confiscating. Have you heard the rhetoric of some of our lawmakers stating that if they could, they would confiscate every gun in America? Clearly you don't know or want to know about the realities of the extremist anti gunners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies