Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The "reason" is your personal opinion, and regardless of the "reason", the results are the same.

The results indicate the overwhelming majority of this voting block is content with its representation. Again, what else can anyone assume?

Any way a person decides to vote is cool with me; however, if I can also give my personal opinion. I am not a one issue voter and loathe identity politics myself. To each his own.
It's also your personal opinion that blacks are "content". As often noted....the choice simply reflects the lesser of two evils. If a person has cancer and must choose between radiation and chemotherapy.....because they make a choice of radiation it does not mean that they are content.....but rather, out of other options in regards to the quality of their life.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-26-2015 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 04:53 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Well when you stated you don't vote republican because you aren't going to attend "Klan rallies" lumping everyone who votes republican as members of the KKK that is what gets people like me cutting you up for make such stupid statements. As far as his speaking to a white supremacy rally goes you had democrat Senator Robert Byrd who was a Klan member and joined the democratic party and yet that was okay with the democratic party since the guy was no longer with the klan and didn't share any of there current views. So as far as this guy goes unless evidence shows up that he hasn't changed I'll give him the benefit of the doubt the same way democrats did Robert Byrd. Also considering some of the extremely ****** up views and comments of someone like Al Sharpton who is an influential member the democratic party the whole "David Duke without the baggage" comment while bad is not near as bad as some of the comments from the democrats in regards to race.
So it was out of line to call a White supremacy conference a Klan rally?

Judging from the silence on the Right about it, that's obviously an acceptable speaking engagement to have.

And again, you choose to compare someone that did something over 70 years ago, in their youth, and had since apologized repeatedly for it to the guy who spoke 12 years ago at a White supremacy conference and whose response is "meh... I needed the votes."

Quote:
Actually I would say you are proving my earlier point about the pot calling the kettle black.
Do you see how absurd it is to compare someone pointing out an example of racism and the implicit acceptance of it to the people actually doing the thing that’s racist and implicitly accepting it? What's next? Comparing M.A.D.D. to drunk drivers?

Quote:
So your saying there is none of this BS in the democratic party? Now that is some bs.
Show me what your equivalent argument is to Scalise and the silence from the majority of Conservatives… You’ve tried to compare me pointing out being accepting of racism to someone actually speaking at a White supremacy conference. Then you tried to compare Byrd from the 1940s to Scalise of 2012. Your track record for false equivalencies are strong.

Quote:
Okay who pat him on the shoulder and told him way to go for his "David Duke without the baggage comment" from the Republican party exactly?
The pat on the back for “Nah… he’s a good guy. Let’s just ignore this.”

Quote:
Most likely he is hoping the issue will go away. Not necessarily a good strategy but that is probably what he is hoping for.
Robert Byrd showed more contrition on his death bed for something he did in the 40s than Scalise for something he did 12 years ago.

Quote:
I brought it up to show people change. As far as this guy goes unless he is right now pushing a supremacist agenda I will give him the benefit of the doubt the same way Robert Byrd was given the benefit of the doubt even though I'm sure plenty people thought he was full of **** with his apologies.
Someone who claims they are David Duke w/o the baggage knows exactly who they’re talking to when they sign up to speak for David Duke’s organization. I wonder what suddenly made him realize how vile those people were in the last 12 years b/c he damn sure didn't think they were that bad when he spoke to them.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:47 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,559,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So it was out of line to call a White supremacy conference a Klan rally?
I clearly stated it was out of line to try and claim everyone who votes republican is a member of the KKK which you implied repeatedly.

Quote:
Judging from the silence on the Right about it, that's obviously an acceptable speaking engagement to have.
Actually I didn't say it was acceptable or unacceptable I did however say that the comment "David Duke without the baggage" was pretty ****** up. Would I have spoken at white supremacy meeting? No I definitely would not. However I will say people change ie Robert Byrd.

Quote:
And again, you choose to compare someone that did something over 70 years ago, in their youth, and had since apologized repeatedly for it to the guy who spoke 12 years ago at a White supremacy conference and whose response is "meh... I needed the votes."
I don't remember the guy actually saying anything about it. If his response was indeed "meh... I needed the votes" then yes that would be a very ***** response. However it was 12 years ago the guy did this not 12 days ago so I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the moment the same way the democratic senator was given the benefit of the doubt that he was sorry about joining the klan.

Quote:
Do you see how absurd it is to compare someone pointing out an example of racism and the implicit acceptance of it to the people actually doing the thing that’s racist and implicitly accepting it?
All I've seen from you is implying everyone who has voted republican before is a member of the kkk. That's you being a hypocritical racist to.

Quote:
What's next? Comparing M.A.D.D. to drunk drivers?
No.

Quote:
Show me what your equivalent argument is to Scalise and the silence from the majority of Conservatives…
I would say Al Sharpton is just as bad if not far worse with comments he has made over the years. Yet democrats have been very silent about that.

Quote:
You’ve tried to compare me pointing out being accepting of racism to someone actually speaking at a White supremacy conference. Then you tried to compare Byrd from the 1940s to Scalise of 2012.
Your track record for false equivalencies are strong.
How so? You had one guy speak at a white supremacy conference 12 years ago and you had one late senator who was a member of the KKK. You also have Al Sharpton who is racist as hell to yet democrats back him. So honestly I don't see the "false equivalencies." What I see is a guy grasping at straws for a gotcha moment from me since you believe everyone who might agree with Republicans on an issue is a racist and most likely a member of the KKK.

Quote:
The pat on the back for “Nah… he’s a good guy. Let’s just ignore this.”
You mean like democrats have done with Al Sharpton for years? You also failed to name any single Republican as well. You also don't know if the Republican leadership even knew the guy spoke at a white supremacy meeting.

Quote:
Robert Byrd showed more contrition on his death bed for something he did in the 40s than Scalise for something he did 12 years ago.
Scalise is most likely hopping the issue will go away he might have even be advised to not talk about it.

Quote:
Someone who claims they are David Duke w/o the baggage knows exactly who they’re talking to when they sign up to speak for David Duke’s organization.
Agreed.

Quote:
I wonder what suddenly made him realize how vile those people were in the last 12 years b/c he damn sure didn't think they were that bad when he spoke to them.
Here is the thing...that was 12 years ago right? A lot of things can and do happen in 12 years. Maybe the guy's outlooks on life changed...then again maybe not. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt right now. If he shows to be pushing a white supremacy agenda then yeah the guy is an ******* and needs to be gotten rid. Unless that happens though I'll give him the benefit of the doubt the same way the late Senator was given the benefit of the doubt. Hell the same way Al Sharpton is given the benefit of the doubt even with him showing repeatedly what a racist bigot **** he truly is over the years.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:16 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't think you can lump all blacks as a group any more than you can whites or any other race. There are smart, educated, hard working, successful black people out there. Those that want to get ahead, be safe in their homes and feel like they have a chance to walk the streets without dying at the hands of thugs. Those blacks typically vote Republicans. As do whites with similar traits.

There are also blacks and whites that are lazy, ignorant, feel the world owes them something for nothing, don't want to work and feel that a life of crime and drug use is something to aspire to. They are referred to as Democrats.
Wow, lol so Colin Powell who voted for President Obama twice is lazy, ignorant, feels, etc?

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett both of whom endorsed President Obama are lazy?

What about Oprah Winfrey?

What about the man who runs the largest black owned investing firm Ariel investments run out of Chicago owned by John W Rogers?

What about the owner of Starbucks, the Ceo of Costco, Marissa Mayer, Sheryl Sandberg, Tory Burch, Vera Wang, and a lot of the most famous actors, musicians, comedians, directors, and scientists, in America?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Wow, lol so Colin Powell who voted for President Obama twice is lazy, ignorant, feels, etc?

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett both of whom endorsed President Obama are lazy?

What about Oprah Winfrey?

What about the man who runs the largest black owned investing firm Ariel investments run out of Chicago owned by John W Rogers?

What about the owner of Starbucks, the Ceo of Costco, Marissa Mayer, Sheryl Sandberg, Tory Burch, Vera Wang, and a lot of the most famous actors, musicians, comedians, directors, and scientists, in America?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Did you even take a minute to read Toyman's post you quoted?

Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
No, blacks are way too smart to ever be Republican !

Don

Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, blacks are way too smart to ever be Republican !

Don
Yes because voting democrat has worked so well for the block as a group

Old 01-27-2015, 08:39 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why are white conservative males so obsessed with how blacks vote.
Why is anyone obsessed with how Blacks vote?

Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
Why do non 1%'s think either party cares about them period?

Old 01-31-2015, 06:15 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
The way I see it, all of this obsession about how Blacks vote is wasteful. There are people behaving as if their lives depended on how Blacks vote. I see it like this. If one takes issue with how Blacks vote, do something about it. What are those who keep complaining prepared to do besides complain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies