Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucario
I have fears of voting rights being

restricted,
Because democrats made it clear that
it's
too
hard for blacks to get a voter ID?

Because they're trying to make it hard for those for whom it is already difficult. And it's more than just ID - it's access to polls as well.

Quote:
being discriminated against in
housing (that has already
happened),
If you can pay for it
no one can stop you.
Key word... you pay for it.
You haven't a clue. When a white seller reneges on a deal when they find out what you look like, that is called discrimination in housing. And unless you're paying for my house, you don't have anything to say about this either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
As I said, What the big deal about the black vote
anyway?
I dunno. You sure seem to care about it. Are you a Republican politician contemplating your obsolescence?

Quote:
We all know, even politicians know you'll vote democrat. So be it.
Come up with another option or keep quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

You haven't a clue. When a white seller reneges on a deal when they find out what you look like, that is called discrimination in housing. And unless you're paying for my house, you don't have anything to say about this either.
Well then, if true, I guess that making it clear that you hate whites isn't working out so well for you then. Ya think?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

I dunno. You sure seem to care about it. Are you a Republican politician contemplating your obsolescence?
The black voting bloc has become powerless and irrelevant due to its decades-old blind allegiance to the Democratic Party and the growing likelihood that the group will soon be eclipsed in size by the Hispanic voting bloc. In the 2012 elections, African-Americans accounted for about 13% of total votes, while Hispanics accounted for about 10% of the electorate. White voters cast around 70% of total votes.

Someone might theorize that a voting bloc which accounts for 13% of total votes would have a great deal of influence.

IMPORTANT - If a group of voters overwhelmingly supports a political party of its candidates regardless of performance or circumstances, what need is there for either the party or its candidates to give anything other than lip service to the group? That's been the case for years and continues up until present day.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Well then, if true, I guess that making it clear that you hate whites isn't working out so well for you then. Ya think?
Point to one post of the thousands I've made where I say I hate whites.

Could you please come up with something a bit more original than that?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The black voting bloc has become powerless and
irrelevant due to its decades-old blind allegiance to the Democratic Party and
the growing likelihood that the group will soon be eclipsed in size by the
Hispanic voting bloc
No such thing. And it wouldn't matter to me if it was.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:35 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are you speaking about present day or historically? I thought we were speaking of present day. Are you referring to history? I just want to be clear.
I am talking both. Blacks evolved to vote for the Democratic party because the black vote used to lean Republican then evolved to be overwhelmingly for the Democrats.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So the Stockholm Syndrome also explains why blue collar workers vote for Republicans who favor policies that have hurt them economically for the last 30 years? What was Dubya's famous line? Some people call you the elite,” George W. Bush joked to his wealthy funders, “I call you my base.

I don't know what nutcase psychoanalyst came up with this bizarre theory that the Stockholm Syndrome accounts for blacks identifying as Democrat, but it's right up there with other nutty tinfoil theories.

Understanding phenomenon like the Civil Rights movement and its context in history are instructive in understanding how this can continue to be happening.

"...then President Lyndon B. Johnson pushed through the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 (outlawing segregation in public places) and his eventual Republican opponent, Sen. Barry Goldwater, opposed it. Johnson got 94 percent of the black vote that year, still a record for any presidential election. The following year Johnson signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act. No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since."

Try logic. Women traditionally lean Democratic because Dems have always cared more about the social issues that women care about and because Republicans are constantly trying to tell women how to live their reproductive lives. Young people traditionally lean Democratic because they are more open-minded and progressive, as are liberals. Blacks know very well who pushed for civil rights and who fought against it.

Blacks and the Democratic Party
Civil rights act got opposes and fillubustored by democrats lead by kkk grand dragon senator Byrd i il rights got passed because of republicans inspire of the democrats

Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am talking both. Blacks evolved to vote for the Democratic party because the black vote used to lean Republican then evolved to be overwhelmingly for the Democrats.
When 90% of black voters have evolved into Democrats, one must conclude this group of voters is overwhelmingly content with the democratic party as their representative. What else can one assume?

There is nothing more to discuss really.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 01-26-2015 at 01:25 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 01:21 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
"

When 90% of black voters have evolved into Democrats, one must conclude this group of voters is overwhelmingly content with the democratic party as their representative. What else can one assume?

So if Democrats openly welcomed vocal pro-Taliban voters, you're telling me that wouldn't be all the reason you needed to not vote Democrat, regardless of the actual policy points?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:

There is a reason for everything. The fact that blacks evolved to be overwhelmingly Democrats, but whites did not, while living in the same country, manifested for a reason...and that reason explains a lot of things.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-26-2015 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies