Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
I'm saying your racist comments make you no better then supposed racist you are cutting up. That is what I'm saying. As far as racist goes the late Senator Robert Byrd was a full fledged klan member at one time who was in the democratic party for decades. We also have ******* like Al Sharpton who have made rather common racist remarks and yet that moron is a white house advisor. So as far as being racist turning people away from party goes that works both ways.
I love how you're calling the factual statement about someone speaking at a White supremacy conference, racist. You guys have sunk so low that even pointing out racism, is racism to you.

So if speaking at a White supremacy conference doesn't count as Conservatives buddying up to racists, what, in your opinion, would?

And this just proves my point about a significant chunk of Republican voters: you are more comfortable saying I'm being racist for pointing out the guy speaking to a White supremacy conference than you are calling out the guy actually speaking to the White supremacy conference... Mind boggling.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 01-26-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 02:32 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,559,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I love how you're calling the factual statement about someone speaking at a White supremacy conference, racist. You guys have sunk so low that even pointing out racism, is racism to you.

So if speaking at a White supremacy conference doesn't count as Conservatives buddying up to racists, what, in your opinion, would?
You're not getting my point. My point is your acting like a supremacist yourself and for the same reasons your claiming black people don't vote for republicans it's the same reason why white people don't vote for democrats.

As far as speaking at a white supremacy rally...well you did have Muhammed Ali do so once which was rather strange...do you think Ali hated other black people for being black? Senator Robert Byrd attend Klan rallies since he was a Klan member so I'm not seeing a huge difference here unless he is currently pushing a white supremacist agenda. Although I will agree hearing the whole "David Duke without the baggage" comment was pretty ****** up.

Quote:
And this just proves my point about a significant chunk of Republican voters: you are more comfortable saying I'm being racist for pointing out the guy speaking to a White supremacy conference than you are calling out the guy actually speaking to the White supremacy conference... Mind boggling.
The problem here is you are being racist since you clumping everybody who votes republican with a guy who had past affiliations with white supremacy groups. Yet you will be the first to use the race card if white person makes negative comments about black people. Pot calling the kettle black.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder why a black republican is thought of as a sellout? Are they owned and "expected" to vote democrat but since they don't comply they call them "a sellout, an Uncle Tom"? I thought people are free to vote which ever they want, are they beholden to the democratic party?
There is a term for that which I believe was already mentioned in this topic.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:59 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
You're not getting my point. My point is your acting like a supremacist yourself and for the same reasons your claiming black people don't vote for republicans it's the same reason why white people don't vote for democrats.

As far as speaking at a white supremacy rally...well you did have Muhammed Ali do so once which was rather strange...do you think Ali hated other black people for being black? Senator Robert Byrd attend Klan rallies since he was a Klan member so I'm not seeing a huge difference here unless he is currently pushing a white supremacist agenda. Although I will agree hearing the whole "David Duke without the baggage" comment was pretty ****** up.
Again, you call the act of just pointing out that someone spoke to a White supremacy conference, racist, yet you have nothing to say about the actual person speaking to that White supremacy conference, nor the other Conservatives like you who can't even bring yourselves to criticize the guy who spoke at the White supremacy conference.

You are literally proving my point about the very thing that stops me from voting Republican -- the implicit acceptance of the vile racists in your midst.

Quote:
The problem here is you are being racist since you clumping everybody who votes republican with a guy who had past affiliations with white supremacy groups. Yet you will be the first to use the race card if white person makes negative comments about black people. Pot calling the kettle black.
Nope. I'm pointing out the acceptance that is standard in Conservative circles for the racist element in your mix. You have someone who spoke at a White supremacy conference getting a pat on the back and okay from the vast majority of Conservatives for doing that. Meanwhile, the guy that spoke to the White supremacy is absolutely unapologetic about it!

As much as you guys love to bring up Byrd for what he did over 70 years ago, he was unabashedly ashamed, apologized throughout his career, and took steps to show that wasn't the person he was into his adulthood. Show me what Steve Scalise has done that's anything remotely close to what Robert Byrd did.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 01-26-2015 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Again, you call the act of just pointing out that someone spoke to a White supremacy conference, racist, yet you have nothing to say about the actual person speaking to that White supremacy conference, nor the other Conservatives like you who can't even bring yourselves to even criticize the guy who spoke at the White supremacy conference.
Well when you stated you don't vote republican because you aren't going to attend "Klan rallies" lumping everyone who votes republican as members of the KKK that is what gets people like me cutting you up for make such stupid statements. As far as his speaking to a white supremacy rally goes you had democrat Senator Robert Byrd who was a Klan member and joined the democratic party and yet that was okay with the democratic party since the guy was no longer with the klan and didn't share any of there current views. So as far as this guy goes unless evidence shows up that he hasn't changed I'll give him the benefit of the doubt the same way democrats did Robert Byrd. Also considering some of the extremely ****** up views and comments of someone like Al Sharpton who is an influential member the democratic party the whole "David Duke without the baggage" comment while bad is not near as bad as some of the comments from the democrats in regards to race.

Quote:
You are literally proving my point about the very thing that stops me from voting Republican.
Actually I would say you are proving my earlier point about the pot calling the kettle black.

Quote:
Nope. I'm pointing out the acceptance that is standard in Conservative circles for the racist element in your mix.
So your saying there is none of this BS in the democratic party? Now that is some bs.

Quote:
You have someone who spoke at a White supremacy conference getting a pat on the back and okay from the vast majority of Conservatives for doing that.
Okay who pat him on the shoulder and told him way to go for his "David Duke without the baggage comment" from the Republican party exactly?

Quote:
Meanwhile, the guy that spoke to the White supremacy is absolutely unapologetic about it!
Most likely he is hoping the issue will go away. Not necessarily a good strategy but that is probably what he is hoping for.

Quote:
As much as you guys love to bring up Byrd for what he did over 70 years ago, he was unabashedly ashamed, apologized throughout his career, and took steps to show that wasn't the person he was into his adulthood. Show me what Steve Scalise has done that's anything remotely close to what Robert Byrd did.
I brought it up to show people change. As far as this guy goes unless he is right now pushing a supremacist agenda I will give him the benefit of the doubt the same way Robert Byrd was given the benefit of the doubt even though I'm sure plenty people thought he was full of **** with his apologies.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't think you can lump all blacks as a group any more than you can whites or any other race. There are smart, educated, hard working, successful black people out there. Those that want to get ahead, be safe in their homes and feel like they have a chance to walk the streets without dying at the hands of thugs. Those blacks typically vote Republicans. As do whites with similar traits.

There are also blacks and whites that are lazy, ignorant, feel the world owes them something for nothing, don't want to work and feel that a life of crime and drug use is something to aspire to. They are referred to as Democrats.
no. very few blacks from any class/SES vote for republicans. where did you get this information from?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM

I think most socially conservative blacks realize that it is more important to have a job and be able to feed your family than to stop 2 men from marrying. the republicans want to set back everything thing this country has tried to do to help create equality and justice for POC, black people in particular, and those who aren't straight white men. I am socially liberal, so i can't speak for black people who are anti gay rights or anti women's choice, but I do know the majority of black voters, even the very old and "churchy" tend to vote democrat, so made the republicans are doing something wrong.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I think we can! The majority of blacks voted for Obama. Wasn't it like over 90%?

It's one thing to say that you can't lump all East Asians are educated, since only about maybe 60% of them are college educated if they grew up here in the USA, but over 90%, yes you can lump them together.
so are you saying you have proof that before Obama black people didn't vote predominantly democrat i'd like to see that source.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
no. very few blacks from any class/SES vote for republicans. where did you get this information from?
Fantasy Island.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Aren't blacks more in line with republicans socially on issues such as Christian values, traditional marriage, etc. When has it ever occur that a gay couple walk into a stage when nearly full black audience and the couple gets warm welcome?

How do blacks reconcile that and vote the other way?

Blacks were aligned with Republican values of freedom & liberty for all, for 100 years until they got Grubered in the late 60's and into the 70's and put back onto the Plantation, by their own choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies