Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 01:50 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,559,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This thread epitomizes exactly why I wouldn't vote Republican. I'm not bothered by the varying levels of racism being spouted here. Those people don't care about getting Black votes so their points are irrelevant. It's the supposed "non-racist" Conservatives lacking the balls to stand up to them that will stop me from ever voting Republican in the foreseeable future.

If you want to lock arms with them and support their idiotic views & stereotypes on race -- have at it. Just don't ask me why I'm not showing up at your next Klan rally.
And it's statements like the above that have white people turning away from democrats and voting for republicans in droves with democrats scratching there heads wondering why that is. Your spouting off the same racial bs that you claim republicans are guilty of so you are no better in that regard and that is why white people have been turning away from democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, you still have fears of being put back in chains? Democrats paint their opponents with the colors that most resemble their own. think about it, what happens to blacks who join the republican party?
They get called an Uncle Tom sellout ******.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I have fears of voting rights being restricted, my kids being shot by cops, being discriminated against in housing (that has already happened), access to health care for my relatives being curtailed, and other very real possibilities.

What were you saying about the Republican Party? The party that wants to "take the country back?"
Funny the jacking up of housing prices have been going on in cities which are controlled by democrats to make way for hipsters and yuppies while kicking out black people. Yet you are going to blame republicans for that?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
And it's statements like the above that have white people turning away from democrats and voting for republicans in droves with democrats scratching there heads wondering why that is.

So you're saying that complaining about Conservatives buddying up to racists is making White people not like Democrats? For example, when people were complaining about the #3 Republican in the House who went to speak at a White supremacy conference, that drove White voters away from Democrats?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:03 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There is a reason for everything. The fact that blacks evolved to be overwhelmingly Democrats, but whites did not, while living in the same country, manifested for a reason...and that reason explains a lot of things.
The "reason" is your personal opinion, and regardless of the "reason", the results are the same.

The results indicate the overwhelming majority of this voting block is content with its representation. Again, what else can anyone assume?

Any way a person decides to vote is cool with me; however, if I can also give my personal opinion. I am not a one issue voter and loathe identity politics myself. To each his own.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Funny the jacking up of housing prices have been going on in cities which are controlled by democrats to make way for hipsters and yuppies while kicking out black people. Yet you are going to blame republicans for that?
I don't live in a city. If you think black politicians have anything to do with gentrification, you are mistaken.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When 90% of black voters have evolved into Democrats, one must conclude this group of voters is overwhelmingly content with the democratic party as their representative. What else can one assume?

There is nothing more to discuss really.
That's my thoughts exactly. They've made up their mind, if pandering is what it takes I hope R's never bow that low. They feel Democrats are doing the job. Ok then, ... Next

Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
They get called an Uncle Tom sellout ******.
I wonder why a black republican is thought of as a sellout? Are they owned and "expected" to vote democrat but since they don't comply they call them "a sellout, an Uncle Tom"? I thought people are free to vote which ever they want, are they beholden to the democratic party?

Last edited by petch751; 01-26-2015 at 02:27 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you're saying that complaining about Conservatives buddying up to racists is making White people not like Democrats? For example, when people were complaining about the #3 Republican in the House who went to speak at a White supremacy conference, that drove White voters away from Democrats?
I'm saying your racist comments make you no better then supposed racist you are cutting up. That is what I'm saying. As far as racist goes the late Senator Robert Byrd was a full fledged klan member at one time who was in the democratic party for decades. We also have ******* like Al Sharpton who have made rather common racist remarks and yet that moron is a white house advisor. So as far as being racist turning people away from party goes that works both ways.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't live in a city. If you think black politicians have anything to do with gentrification, you are mistaken.
These cities are run by democrats and gentrification has there approval so you voting for democrats is supporting those policies is what I'm getting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies