Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 04:30 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Interesting ... do you think 5000 acres of marijuana will feed the addicts?.... we have that probably just in California

No such thing as weed addiction - quit watching Reefer Madness.

One might think a cop was better educated about these things. A dentist knows to brush his teeth.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
No such thing as weed addiction - quit watching Reefer Madness.

One might think a cop was better educated about these things. A dentist knows to brush his teeth.
Well my friend... perhaps you can enlighten me... if you are a user.. with your personal experience.. how much you smoke or introduce MJ into your system.. its effects upon you as self described and how it improves your life vs being without it... and whether you have ....can.. or think you can stop

Absent that I will have to go with legitimate documented studies showing that MJ is addictive... addiction defined as the need for it physically or psychologically... as there are many organizations and people that disagree with your premise... but thanks for caring about my education... I love being educated

Here.. have some education on me... just a brief google of MJ addiction studies and findings

A 20-Year Study on Marijuana Use Yields 5 Surprising Finds (GWPH)

DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Marijuana's Addictive Potential (for the general public) | California Society of Addiction Medicine

Marijuana Myths, Cannabis Facts - Natural Awakenings Boston - January 2015 - Middlesex County, MA

Marijuana Is Addictive | AAPS Blog

What do you think... is it addictive... I mean I know no one wants to admit an addiction to anything... but it seems pretty clear a segment of the MJ population is or will be ... "addicted"

How about the "questions" I asked earlier in this thread.. what would you be willing to give up to have marijuana unfettered in your life

Food
A job
Social welfare
Anything?

Someone.. actually a number of innocent "someones".... is/are being murdered today because of Americas penchant for being high...

Thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 05:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

This myopic nonsense makes my head hurt. Granny 12 plant is the wave of the future and as soon as the legislatures decriminalize weed, not legalize it, the USA will be self sufficient. Legalization opens the doors to corporate greed, taxes and more regulation. The law need not apply.
Your foot must truly taste good for you know not of which you speak..

How much weed comes from the south? All I see is well grown and manicured domestic.
Your well manicured domestic MJ comes at a price... a price I know personally

Cartels grow here as well... substantially in Californias forests..

Cartel workers get kidnapped in Mexico.. have their families threatened... get blindfolded and end up in California 10 hours later in the middle of nowhere... they get told.. grow or die.. and your family dies.. grow and be successful and you'll get money... dont grow ..die...

Pretty strong motivator wouldnt you say...

I know this first hand from capture interviews

legalization opens doors for corporate greed... we agree... which is why Monsanto, Dow, Archer Daniels Midland, and Phillip Morris will take over and there will never be granny twelve plant....

How many died horrible deaths today for your pot?

Old 04-15-2015, 05:11 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
There sure aren't many countries and places who do.
Sure is a lot of orange and pink on there. Decrim or lax enforcement.

Way too much red in the US. It's changing though. You just wait.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Sure is a lot of orange and pink on there. Decrim or lax enforcement.

Way too much red in the US. It's changing though. You just wait.
I find it off though, as I know for a fact in Vietnam, you can order "happy" pizza all over the place.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
I'm open for a serious mature discussion on that map.
Why is there hardly any places that have LEGALALIZED POT?"

A good ole fashion debate.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:31 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
I just realized that I am not stoned enough to follow this discussion !

Old 04-15-2015, 07:32 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I'm open for a serious mature discussion on that map.
Why is there hardly any places that have LEGALALIZED POT?"

A good ole fashion debate.
Because almost every country has signed international treaties agreeing to criminalize cannabis.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:55 PM

477 posts, read 509,719 times
Quote:
Wow.. I don't feel bloodied.. and I haven't beat anyone lately.. regardless of the ignorant comments

The residents of the apartment building that were made homeless today from the honey oil explosion last night sure are....

Again.. the questions?

What would you give up for unfettered marijuana use?

Food?

Welfare?

Job opportunities?

Can they be any simpler?
Illogical. Why should I give up ANYTHING? Should I have to give up food to get medication? Of course not.

There are 2 ways to interpret "simple".

One is "uncomplicated".

The other - which is what applies to your statement - is "backward".

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 PM

477 posts, read 509,719 times
Quote:
I invite mj proponents who hold up Colorado as their bastion of success to look at the on going and current article... clearing the haze... in the Colorado gazette

Clearing the Haze | A perspective series by The Gazette
A conservative rag owned by a conservative billionaire who owns papers all over the country which push his weird conservative agenda prints an unsupported opinion piece trying to cast a shadow on legal marijuana.

Now THERE'S a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies