Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:26 AM

463 posts, read 321,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well,,, unfortunately the will of the people spoke... and granny twelve plant will have to do just that ,,, or face seizure and a small fine... then over time the fine gets larger if she didn't move to permitted indoor growing

Again... why would someone like me ever know about someone like you.. or care if your consumption and grow didnt warrant inspection for some reason...

Its going to be a very different grow season this year... Im interested how the "experiment" will turn out...in this quality of life issue

Shelved until perhaps another day...

Be safe out there

If you smoke.. dont operate the spoke... wheel that is
Ok, we can give it a rest if you like.

As far as a LEO not ever knowing about someone like me, you're right. 99% of the time you wouldn't. That is precisely why you have no way of knowing how many like me there are out here in the real world.

But that isn't good enough. I have a right to live free, without having to break the law just because I found a 100% natural plant substance that works for me and has prevented a lifetime of alcoholism. If I am unlucky enough to be in that 1% that gets caught with a plant growing in my bedroom, the seizure laws you just mentioned means I could lose my house!

Last edited by Vistaian; 04-17-2015 at 09:45 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 10:19 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
I found a 100% natural plant substance that works for me and has prevented a lifetime of alcoholism.
Vistain, if I am reading into what you said right, you have exchanged being addicted to alcohol to being addicted to pot.
Alcohol is also a natural product, fermentation is a scientifically a natural process. As a pot plant is, which is what you said.

Being addicted to anything means one hasn't dealt with the personal cause of their turning to a product to solve inner issues, thus addiction.

I quit smoking 18 years ago, I traded it for walking.
Every time I wanted to light up, I went for a walk instead. Helped tremendously

Last edited by Atalanta; 04-17-2015 at 10:34 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 10:39 AM

34,094 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
if I am reading into what you said...
Don't do that. It's a bad habit

Quote:
Alcohol is also a natural product...
No it isn't. It's a refined and/or synthesized product... like heroin or cocaine are.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

Nope, I am being considerate and making sure I understand the other poster and giving them the opportunity to speak up if I am misunderstanding.

No it isn't. It's a refined and/or synthesized product... like heroin or cocaine are.
No, alcohol is a natural process that happens in nature.
Fruits have natural sugars and under the right conditions it will ferment.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Vistain, if I am reading into what you said right, you have exchanged being addicted to alcohol to being addicted to pot.
Alcohol is also a natural product, fermentation is a scientifically a natural process. As a pot plant is, which is what you said.

Being addicted to anything means one hasn't dealt with the personal cause of their turning to a product to solve inner issues, thus addiction.
Well, the statistics show that children of 2 alcoholic parents (like myself) have a 90% chance of growing up to be alcoholics themselves. My brother is one.

Yes, one can seek a number of treatments for alcoholism. Different treatments have different degrees of success depending on the person involved.

I know it is thinking outside of the box for you, but cannabis is one of the treatments for alcoholism. In my case it worked well enough to actually prevent it completely. I was lucky, because I discovered that it worked for me early enough in life that I only experimented with alcohol as a teenager.

If you compare my physical health to that of my brother, there is no comparison. Alcohol has ravaged him, whereas in my case cannabis use has shown no ill effects whatsoever.

But beyond that, there are other benefits I derive from it. Enhancing focus and creativity when writing computer programs is one of them, for example. Some of us highly technical types have brains that are wired in a way that the right strain of cannabis actually acts as a performance enhancer, not something that dumbs you down.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, in fact. When the FBI wanted to hire only the best of the best computer geeks, they had to stop testing them for cannabis because none of the best ones could pass the test.

I know that must sound completely foreign to you, and goes against everything you thought you knew about cannabis. But it really can be used as a tool, it isn't always the negative thing you've been told it is.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:54 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

Gonna have to respectfully disagree. It's the result of fermentation.

If you are getting into hard liquors, than I can see where you mean by it being refined.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
This link answers both of your questions (scroll down to "non-enforcement").

Drug policy of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't want to read it, I will include the relevant section here. I have bolded the key points you were asking about:
Getting back to you on that debate in regards to my questions with that map showing not many countries and places have legalized pot.

By contrast, most other countries take the point of view that recreational drug use is detrimental to society and must therefore be outlawed. This has caused friction between the Netherlands and other countries about the policy for cannabis, most notably with France and Germany.

It has less to do with USA on treaties and Netherlands being mad at the US(your typed words)
It has to do with more of Germany and the French.

It seems so apparent the hate and anger at the USA by you and some others and is dope and the right to light up an escape goat? Maybe or maybe not.

Is it fair to say that the USA is not the majority holder here in keeping the world from not legalizing like you and others have stated?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
By "escape goat", I think you mean scapegoat, right?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Getting back to you on that debate in regards to my questions with that map showing not many countries and places have legalized pot.

By contrast, most other countries take the point of view that recreational drug use is detrimental to society and must therefore be outlawed. This has caused friction between the Netherlands and other countries about the policy for cannabis, most notably with France and Germany.

It has less to do with USA on treaties and Netherlands being mad at the US(your typed words)
It has to do with more of Germany and the French.

It seems so apparent the hate and anger at the USA by you and some others and is dope and the right to light up an escape goat? Maybe or maybe not.

Is it fair to say that the USA is not the majority holder here in keeping the world from not legalizing like you and others have stated?
Hardly!

You tell me. What superpower in the world do you think can apply the most pressure when it comes to international politics?

I did not say The Netherlands is mad at the US. I said they don't want to get the US mad at them (big difference). No country wants to get on the bad side of the US. Ask Cuba.

You also need to read this section carefully:

Quote:
This is because the Dutch Ministry of Justice applies a gedoogbeleid (tolerance policy) with regard to the category "soft drugs": an official set of guidelines telling public prosecutors under which circumstances offenders should not be prosecuted. This is a more official version of a common practice in other European countries wherein law enforcement sets priorities regarding offenses on which it is important enough to spend limited resources.
So it is a common practice in other European countries for law enforcement to set priorities on law enforcement. Guess where cannabis enforcement falls in their priorities? At the end of the list, that's where. The only difference is The Netherlands made it official.

If the US dropped its war on cannabis, a large chunk of your map would change colors.

Hate and anger at the USA by me? Oh my. If that is what you read into my posts then we have no business communicating.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Hate and anger at the USA by me? Oh my. If that is what you read into my posts then we have no business communicating.

I said "it seems apparent.". A big difference.
Sure shut it down, Communicating.

That would be a trait of someone who turns to a substance to cope. Being unable to have a healthy active back and forth communication/debate.

Last edited by Atalanta; 04-17-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies