Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There's generally a correlation. You know....seldom is one popular if they're totally ineffective. Ineffectiveness and popularity are usually mutually exclusive terms.

Of course, except in THIS case (of course).

So your lesson for the day is that popularity is fleeting?

Wow. What a motherlode of originality that is. I mean, who knew that?

Yeah..that's why they're prom queens.

Not that you'd know anything about that.

I report. You decide.

However I'd caution you against thinking Americans are so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb.

Recent history proves otherwise.

Both Bush and Obama were elected twice.

Not really seeing this correlation of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Hahahaaaaaa...

So, a few people from all those countries, say obama is great...

You musta pee'd your pants trying to get to your computer so fast to post this....

Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Quote:
So our "allies" and other foreign nations have lost confidence in this administration, huh?

Well...according to this piece, that might not be the case.

Obama Administration Wins High Approval Ratings Worldwide - US News

Don't blame me...they said it....not me.
Overall the Obama administration pulled the US out of the economic toilet the Republicans put us in, as they always do when in power, so kudos to them.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
W's last Gallup approval rating was 34%'. That's how he left office playboy.

At a few points, he hit as low as 25%.

That's the U.S. numbers. His worldwide numbers are unknown to me but I'd bet they're at a maximum half of Obama's present numbers.

Yeah but Obama gets black support regardless of how bad he sucks.

Bush also got blamed for Bill Clinton`s financial meltdown by the low information types.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Polls always stir up angst. So, a bit less than half of a thousand people polled say Obama is a glowing beacon of hope and ethereal light. He won the NPP , just for doing...what? Exactly was it, again? But...whatever. Soon, he passes into history, such as it will be. What, I wonder, will he be remembered for, as his most shining example of leadership?

Guess I'm a bit...sheltered. I must have been preoccupied on the day he saved the nation, and the, on to the world. Ahhh...but it could be the high quality of the folks he surrounds himself with. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Bill Ayers, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, and any other number of more obscure, but...profitable..relationships he has cultivated, foreign and domestic. Hey, he's got a selfie with the Chancellor of Germany. . None of us can say that. Yep...greatness. incarnate and extant.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What is going on with you lately? You're usually sharper than this, but the last two threads I've seen you start, you are really losing it.

A thousand people speaks for the entire world? And of those thousand, only 45% said they approved. How many of those who approved actually live in the US, having to live under this ridiculous administration?

A thousand people. Seriously.

There's 196 countries right now, (who knows what we'll have in a year from now), that's not even one person per country. There's over 7 billion people in this world.

This poll is a joke.
You need to take a stats course. It does speak for the entire world, or whatever population they wanted to sample, with a margin of error of 2.5% according to the post (I haven't done the math). There is a lot one can find fault with in any poll, but sample size is pretty much just a calculation.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
The thread title says "Obama admin most popular....", but the poll question was not about Obama, it was about nations. United States leadership was ranked #1.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Democrats enjoy a complicit, friendly US media. This in turn facilitates a complicit, friendly international media. Most people get their opinions from the media.

Anyone besides me able to connect those particular dots?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Democrats enjoy a complicit, friendly US media. This in turn facilitates a complicit, friendly international media. Most people get their opinions from the media.

Anyone besides me able to connect those particular dots?
LOL. It's always "the media".

Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
So our "allies" and other foreign nations have lost confidence in this administration, huh?

Well...according to this piece, that might not be the case.

Obama Administration Wins High Approval Ratings Worldwide - US News

Don't blame me...they said it....not me.
ok...but what was the ACTUAL questions (didn't see them listed in the link)

but did see this:
Quote:
The Obama administration has the highest approval rating of any country in the world among foreign citizens, according to a new poll conducted by Gallup. Forty-five percent of those polled approved of U.S. leadership, down one percentage point from 2013.
and the chart only shows 5 contestants us,eu,germany, china, Russia

oh and one other thing...ASK(poll) 1000 people to name 5 top leaderships(ie countries not parties)...they probably can only name 5 or 6...
and who would they name (NO MATTER WHO (or what party) held the office) lets see us, china, Germany, Russia, maybe the eu(more likely great Britton than naming an EU(which is 2 dozen countries))(btw even funnier is they name the EU and they name Germany (part of the EU))

btw2... hmm the USA(not Obama) ranked higher than Belgium, Norway, Sweden......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies