Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:47 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times

Advertisements

Obama? Sharpton? Media? Somebody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:58 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Really?

Clearly you're buying the youtz and groups Newspeak with the "some obnoxious teens" description. You must've read the account referencing several teens--who beat this man to a pulp.

What should have been gleaned is that a gang of 40+ blacks attacked and viciously beat a white guy.

And the police have no idea why? Huh? Then why, I wonder, was "Anti-White" written on the initial police report (under nature of crime), then typed on a subsequent report?

Give me a very large break.
It was taken off because there wasn't enough evidence to to prove it was racially motivated. Why is it when black guy attacks white guy, it's race, but if someone suggests a white guy attacking a black guy is racially motivated, it's 'playing the victim card' as I often see it argued.

The lack of consistency is telling.

Like I said, a mob (not a gang; I don't use that word so lovely, it takes value away from what an actual gang is) of teenagers attacked a guy for some vague and unimportant reason. Tragic, but the article the OP posted is almost entirely worthless. It has no relevance to me or pretty much anyone outside of the city this happened in. If this is going to be posted on a forum for people all over the US, and even the world, to see, it needs more information before I see a reason to be invested in this at all.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:58 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Obama? Sharpton? Media? Somebody?
Bet the city leaders are scared about something happening during the All Star game next week.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:05 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Beyond parody.
Well, to be fair, I didn't learn anything new in that video, but it did simply confirm what I already knew.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:16 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,841,034 times
https://www.facebook.com/jariah.cody...63447/?fref=nf

The guy had every opportunity in the world to get away from this situation but he kept coming back several times and even taunting them by putting his hands in the air(1:39). Other people were helping him and trying to stop what was going. This was not a 40 on one episode as what some people would like to believe.

It was first labeled a hate crime until the above video was shown.

Last edited by unusualfire; 07-07-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post

The guy had every opportunity in the world to get away from this situation but he kept coming back several times and even taunting them by putting his hands in the air. Other people was helping him and trying to stop what was going. This was not a 40 on one episode as what some people would like to believe.

In the hell....

The video starts with the white guy being taken to the ground, put in a headlock and several pieces of black trash getting in their cheap shots to his face. At one point it looks like he's taking on 3-4 people.

Do these inbred thugs have no sense of honor? What happen to the days of going mano a mano? Why is the white guy surrounded by 30-40 people that are gyrating and yelling?

This video reminds me of a pack of wild hyenas circling their prey.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:

The guy had every opportunity in the world to get away from this situation but he kept coming back several times and even taunting them by putting his hands in the air(1:39). Other people were helping him and trying to stop what was going. This was not a 40 on one episode as what some people would like to believe.

That's what I was trying to explain. The fact that he came back in that manner could change his legal standing in court.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
In the hell....

The video starts with the white guy being taken to the ground, put in a headlock and several pieces of black trash getting in their cheap shots to his face. At one point it looks like he's taking on 3-4 people.

Do these inbred thugs have no sense of honor? What happen to the days of going mano a mano? Why is the white guy surrounded by 30-40 people that are gyrating and yelling?

This video reminds me of a pack of wild hyenas circling their prey.
You have no idea what started it. I do not know either. But he was interviewed by the police and they dropped the hate charge afterwards.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You have no idea what started it. I do not know either. But he was interviewed by the police and they dropped the hate charge afterwards.
Does it matter? It's like saying...yeah, I beat my wife, but she kept nagging me and wouldn't shut up.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:54 AM

Listen i'm not saying he deserved that beating. But at the same time it didn't have to happen if he just simply walked away.

Yes everyone has the right to be where they want to be. But you have to use common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies