Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He might have thrown away his self defense case when he went back to challenge them again. Legally it might have turned the whole incident into a 'mutual combat' situation.
what a freaking idiot. he deserved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 11:00 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Listen i'm not saying he deserved that beating. But at the same time it didn't have to happen if he just simply walked away.
People said something similar recently about the black girl attacking the white girl with a baby in her arms..."why didn't she put the baby down". I don't really understand the blame the victim mentality. Heck, who knows if the guy was even in his right mind after being choked and taking several punches to the face.

It's easy to perfectly analyze a situation while sitting in your jockeys and watching a video at home - it's another thing to be surrounded by 30-40 yelling people while 5-6 of them (maybe more) are assaulting you.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,841,034 times
I don't know about you, but If I was on a tight rope and some of the strands start to come apart. I will not continue to walk across it.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
what a freaking idiot. he deserved it.
really

what did he do to 'deserve' being viciously attacked and beaten unconscious by multiple thugs?

Old 07-07-2015, 11:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
I did not say he challenged them twice.

He was attacked. This is a crime.

He walks away.

He returns and it seems like he is challenging them.

The article agrees with what I say. Did you read it? On the video the commentator also says he walks away and returns (aroud 55sec mark).

Are you seeing it differently?

Obviously he is the victim, but my point is simply to say there is such thing as mutual combat, and when the court rules a case as such, you don't have rights to sue. This is something to remember before accepting a challenge when someone says "let's go to the parking lot". If you go, you have no right to sue the other guy. I think the law divides this case to two parts, the initial attack, where he is the victim, and the second where his legal standing is weaker.

Who is he going to sue anyway? Like these teens or their parents likely have anything of worth.

"Self defense" is not an issue here for him to worry about unless one of the kids try to press charges against HIM, which is unlikely.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:26 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really

what did he do to 'deserve' being viciously attacked and beaten unconscious by multiple thugs?
He didn't run away fast enough.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Who is he going to sue anyway? Like these teens or their parents likely have anything of worth.

"Self defense" is not an issue here for him to worry about unless one of the kids try to press charges against HIM, which is unlikely.
Yes, he will not have to argue self defense to prove his innocence, because he is innocent (unless he started the whole thing). The only damage he might have done to himself by returning, and the manner in which he returned, is the possible loss of compensation.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-07-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,841,034 times
Honestly he is lucky. If it was black on black he would have been shot.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Yes, he will not have to argue self defense to prove his innocence, because he is innocent (unless he started the whole thing). The only damage he might have done to himself by returning is the possible loss of compensation.
first the problem, according to you, was that he 'challenged' them.

unable to defend that, you now say he screwed up by 'returning'?

returning to what?

can you show us a legal example where 'returning' was evidence of anything?

Old 07-07-2015, 12:19 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
ah, now I see that you went back and edited your post to make the claim that 'the commentator also says he walks away and returns (aroud 55sec mark).' I'm not seeing that in the actual video. getting up off the ground is not 'challenging' anyone. and you didn't state at which point in the video he 'challenged' anyone.

and - 'returning'? returning where?

you're introducing some non-existent gun into this event, and I'm the blind one? alrighty then

what do you mean by 'return'? when did he leave?

Um...I read the OP and this is from the OP:

Quote:
Video posted on social media shows a group punching and stomping on 27-year-old Christopher McKnight while he is violently beaten as the crowd taunts and laughs at him.

In the video, McKnight gets up and walks away, but returns to continue fighting
Bold added by me. Don't know why you are harrassing Finn about this when it is the 3rd paragraph on the OP. I didn't even watch the video.

But on the event and this thread, I find it odd that so much focus in on McKnight when the article also states that he was not the only person attacked. I bet the other people were black and of course black people getting beat up by other black people aren't as important as a white guy getting beat up by black people, then coming back to get beat up some more.

It was a holiday weekend. I suspect that all involved were intoxicated or high.

Another quote from the article:

Quote:
The incident took place on the evening of July Fourth near a hip-hop concert in Cincinnati's famed Fountain Square. There were several other assaults reported there that night, as well.
Unfortunately these things happen at concerts and events with large crowds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies