Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:05 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The Cop was way out of line here. And he is lying the whole time he is explaining what happened. He threatened the woman with a gun, and with assault, saying he was going to drag her out of the car for not signaling a lane change? What kind of crap is that? He had no business making her exit the car in the first place, and had no grounds to arrest her.

She had a great Court Case here, and I would not believe she hung herself. Just too much lying going on. They also did not have any business searching her vehicle.

People can play the role of "Sheeple" and bend over for Cops, if they like, but the more you cower, the worse its going to get for you. You need to act right, but also stand up for your rights. Record everything and say nothing without an attorney.

you lost me right there. that did not happen.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:07 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Look, she was on the side of the road alone with a man with a gun. Whether or not he pulled her over illegally is not the point at that time. The point is for her to get out of this situation alive to fight the stop. You don't antagonize the man with the gun. You don't poke the bear. Because that's exactly what she did, that's why a traffic ticket or warning turned into a trip to jail. Yes, the cop with one year on the force didn't behave according to department standards. But if she was one of those who thinks cops kill black people then she was behaving as if she wanted to get the cop to shoot her. Remember it's better to stand before 12 than be carried by 6.
Actually I prefer "It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.'

Old 07-22-2015, 01:08 PM

755 posts, read 674,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
your attitude is exactly why, kids get killed....I really hope and pray you don't have children, b/c this attitude gets handed down generation after generation.....

When a cop stops you, it's easy, just shut your mouth and do what he says....period.

Unbelievable, I wouldn't even talk to my parents or an adult the way some of you "think" it's ok to do.

This woman was above and beyond the norm....and if she had put her cig out, she'd probably be alive today...this attitude she projected comes from a multitude of places, including family, which is not good or safe for any child growing up.

I just cannot believe the belligerence, in some of you, and glad your not my kid, husband, mother, sister, what ever. Out and out contrary on purpose, which will get you dead.

Your all idiots....honest ta goodness idiots...why would you intentionally antagonise an officer? Or anyone for that matter?
You sound like a mad person.....but you can't even see that

Are you serious?....kowtow and respect are two different things

Man, city-data is frightening at times. People watch too much Fox News and just jump to conclusions like no body's business.

Then you are lecturing me on how to deal with the police....lol!

Save your lectures. I have two daughters BTW.

Stop with the name calling Mrs. I know how to behave.... You have no idea of the hypocrisy you just posted, do you?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:10 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Actually I prefer "It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.'

Old 07-22-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
In this case they were, there are white kids out there that are just as bad and you know it....

so get off the race card, it doesn't work....kids today are way out of control....

I know that, but you pick the black example and after you said usually blacks are mouthy?! But hey, maybe I am over analyzing

Haven't you heard.....choose your words carefully?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You don't litigate a traffic stop on the street. That gets you more charges. Which is always the way it's been.

To do otherwise is stupid. The woman escalated what would have been a minor ticket and fine to arrest and eventual (presumed at this point) suicide in a jail cell.
It is way more fun to go to court and have the judge explain the statutes you are in court about over and over- keep telling him/her you don't understand. Question everything, it is your day in court. It can go on for 30 minutes while 25 other people are awaiting their turns. Guess what? You are educating them as to what they can do when it is their turn. The judge will grow impatient and excuse a lot of people. All for going 5 miles over the speed limit.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:17 PM

19,833 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Lol!

I also have a Master's

African American studies?........there goes those racists tendencies again.

Diatribe.......? Do you not have mirrors where you are from?

Dude, you exposed yourself on this forum for everyone to see, no going back by using the good ole deflection techniques.

I know you are burning up right now....I am not like the young lady from Texas; I won't take your bait
Your communication skills do not reflect those of someone who has achieved a master's degree.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
and did you live in an all white neighborhood....

the big difference is, these cops are working day in and day out with kids that are so disrespectful and bad.
We grew up in an all white town, and if a cop told us to put out our cigs, we did exactly as we were told, and we were told that by a cop once, when we were 13 years old.

We didn't sas the cop, or look for trouble, we did exactly as we were told....and if more people would do that, the less bad things would happen.

I mean think about it...why is it usually blacks...b/c they have attitudes....
"oh no cops going to tell me what to do". Yeah right, so get yourself killed over a silly attitude....

If that woman would have kept her mouth shut and done what he said to do, she would be at home tonight sleeping in her bed....but due to the media, politicians, and parents, this is what happens.

It's so sad, a life gone forever...over what....a silly disagreement with a cop and that is what it comes down to and you are never going to win!
What if the cop had this attitude when he pulled her over

or this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad
No need what I posted was orders of magnitude more criminal than someone throwing a hissy fit and getting away with it.

You just don't like it because it show Blacks acting worse than animals committing deadly crimes of destruction, mayhem and getting away with it.

Doesn't fit into
your neatly constructed narrative.

Your cognitive dissonance is your problem not mine.
And you wonder why some black people think white people are racists

And the thing is, these people don't see the error in their thinking.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:23 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you lost me right there. that did not happen.
Of course it happened. Look at the Video. He later claimed he arrested her for kicking him, yet in the video, he told her she was under arrest before she even got out of the car, so how could she kick him. He also would not tell her why she was being arrested. . He is also the one on leave right now, for violating Police Procedure. The Cop was way out of line. All he had was a stop for lane changing without a signal, which is a chicken crap stop to all cops. He should be charged with assault and battery, reckless endangering, false arrest, and be terminated for the Force.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Please. He targeted her for being out of state. Why else would the Cop do a U-Turn to follow her? He chose to target her before the dangerous and reckless crime of a "missed turn signal".
Prove that he targeted her for being out of state.

And it actually looks like she blew a stop sign right before he started following her.

Crappy driver overall it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies