Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:27 PM

755 posts, read 677,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Your communication skills do not reflect those of someone who has achieved a master's degree.
How so? Please elaborate.

There is a thing in writing called...audience, thus the style, components, and other characteristics don't apply. But, I am sure you knew that

For example. Writing in a journal is different than writing an essay for a professor or an article for a newspaper.

Bottom line is, doesn't change the fact that I have one and get paid for having the Master's.....See that? I was going to end the sentence with "it" to represent the subject, but I didn't want you to ding me for it, because I know that is how the grammar police express their intelligence on the internet..

Food for thought: Intelligence is expressed by demonstrating effective thinking skills, but I am sure you knew that as well

Please let me know how I can take your online GRE or write my graduate thesis for city-data and have my Master's legitimize.

See what I did there?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
There seem to be way too many cops like that, an outright epidemic. Abuse of power is a typical police state mentality and behavior. Funny, Americans keep saying they need the guns to protect themselves against a dictatorship, but now that they increasingly have an oppressive system, they don't use them, but watch instead.

That cop certainly is a racist prick, and he deliberately dragged her outside the camera's viewing angle so that he gets the benefit of the doubt in case of a trial. I hope someone makes him follow her wherever she is now...

Old 07-22-2015, 01:31 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,784,864 times
Default The More I Hear About This, The Crazier It Gets!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/us...jail.html?_r=0

Let's start with the question of why someone would be arrested and jailed for failing to signal a lane change.

Let's move next to how a traffic stop like this could possibly escalate to any sort of altercation, let alone this one, unless the officer, the person pulled over or both were out of their minds on drugs.

And let's go from there to how in the ever-lovin', blue-eyed world the woman wound up hanged in her jail cell.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,583,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Actually, again, he did. It's called detention. Get that through your head - when you are detained, you don't run the show anymore.

Oh…. so this boils down to you not thinking a signal light should be a violation? Well guess what? It is. And she was legally stopped for not using it. Thankfully the law doesn't agree with you…..
Stop being an apologist for Criminal behavior. When your arrested, you don't run the show anymore, but it has to be a good arrest, which this wasn't, by anyone's standards, including Police, Lawyers, and DA"s who have seen the video. I take their word over your opinion any time.

Any Cop knows that a "stop" of this kind is what they call a "chicken chit" stop, and any pro Cop ignores thee, because almost everyone does it, that drives, Unless there is another reason he wants to stop them.

This Cop was done, until she would not put out her cigarette, and then he lost it and became an animal. I hope he pays through the nose. He also lied after the fact, as why he arrested her. He said he was kicked, but in fact he arrested her before she got out of the car. Lied to cover his butt, knowing he had screwed up. Crucify him.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Prove that he targeted her for being out of state.

And it actually looks like she blew a stop sign right before he started following her.

Crappy driver overall it seems.
Doesn't matter what you think. The Cop is the one who has been suspended for Violating Police procedure, by his Department, and is being investigated, plus this case will be presented to a Grand Jury. So what you think is moot, since everyone else thinks the Cop was way out of line.

Crappy Cop overall it seems.....

Old 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,889,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Prove that he targeted her for being out of state.

And it actually looks like she blew a stop sign right before he started following her.

Crappy driver overall it seems.
On top of everything else, she was a yankee in Texas.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,925,720 times
Most likely a liberal cop the way he went off on smoking. He probably thought the smoke from her cigarette would give him cancer.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There seem to be way too many cops like that, an outright epidemic. Abuse of power is a typical police state mentality and behavior. Funny, Americans keep saying they need the guns to protect themselves against a dictatorship, but now that they increasingly have an oppressive system, they don't use them, but watch instead.

That cop certainly is a racist prick, and he deliberately dragged her outside the camera's viewing angle so that he gets the benefit of the doubt in case of a trial. I hope someone makes him follow her wherever she is now...
Yep, He didn't want her in view of the Camera. Way too much of this going on. Citizens are going to need guns to protect themselves against Criminals, and maybe Cops in the not so far future. These Cops going Rogue has to stop. We need ZERO tolerance for Power Abuse from any Cops.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM

19,868 posts, read 12,155,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
How so? Please elaborate.

There is a thing in writing called...audience, thus the style, components, and other characteristics don't apply. But, I am sure you knew that

For example. Writing in a journal is different than writing an essay for a professor or an article for a newspaper.

Bottom line is, doesn't change the fact that I have one and get paid for having the Master's.....See that? I was going to end the sentence with "it" to represent the subject, but I didn't want you to ding me for it, because I know that is how the grammar police express their intelligence on the internet..

Food for thought: Intelligence is expressed by demonstrating effective thinking skills, but I am sure you knew that as well

Please let me know how I can take your online GRE or write my graduate thesis for city-data and have my Master's legitimize.

See what I did there?
Calm down, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Overuse of emoticons, petty insults, ellipses abuse, grammatical and spelling errors, etc. generally give the impression of an uneducated person.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Not saying anything about being agitated…. the officer didn't order her to stop being agitated. He ordered her to put out the cigarette which is a completely justifiable thing to do during the course of an investigation...

That's the most stupid comment I have ever heard in my life. How does one get so desperate to protect a Cop who has gone Rogue, to justify a statement like that.

There was no investigation. Where did you pull that garbage out of. It was a Traffic Ticket. Any fool who has looked at this knows that. How come you don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.