Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 05:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
They can't. They're paying for leeches' health insurance in addition to their own.
Yup, those leeches trying to get treatement for cancer that they can't afford. They're exactly the problem, Goingback2011. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:03 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
I really live the Republican...anyone seen one?

Old 11-17-2015, 06:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
What do you do that things are so easy for you?
i make good decisions

Old 11-17-2015, 06:57 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Medicare now employs federal workers who are better compensated than you.

Most of you would be living like the perennially and hopelessly underemployed who've protested in the high-tax streets of Brixton and Clichy-sous-Bois for decades. Since they have health care, they don't need to work (the latter of which isn't nearly as important).

The 'health' care sector--1/6 of the U.S. economy. The income stream you guarantee to it--no questions asked--when you or your increasingly besieged employers buy insurance policies against potential use of it, at any cost, under mandate (with your purchase enforced under the muzzle of state firepower). Don't worry, they encourage the stratospheric bills to pass through Human Resources, mostly unnoticed by the consumer.

And it's not done now, and it wasn't done in Massachusetts, the birthplace of modern ACA. It's done only in the dreamy, suggestible pinheads of the progressive left that helped usher in what you have now.

Then they qualify for Medicaid--after they run out of their own pent-up assets. That's what money's for, not for your cruises and trips to Disney World. I'm not helping you to buy insurance against potential lost personal assets because you would prefer to use them only for fun things. You do that yourself.
Frankly, your turgid reasoning makes no sense here. You seem to be opposed to universal healthcare because it would involve people earning more money than I do, and everyone being required to participate in paying for the system. Firstly, I don't care how much others earn; secondly, don't we all pay for the services we need, like national defense, highways, and pure water? Isn't healthcare comparably required for all? And I've never taken a cruise or been to Disney World. You seem to be arguing that I never should. I'm not sure why.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not sure how you became so detached from reality.
It was easy. My wife was diagnosed with cancer, her insurance was cancelled, and no other carrier would take her, thanks to that lovely actuarial scale that you admire but have never experienced first-hand. Luckily, I had skills that permitted us to move to another country, where she was covered immediately, sunce unlike the US, they look on healthcare as a human right, not some gotcha lottery run by greedy profit-mongers.

There are all kinds of reality in the world. For some reason, the US seems stuck in one that considers healthcare a commodity that needs to be bid for, like a Hummel figurine on eBay, and can be denied to those careless or unlucky enough to become ill. Try being faced with selling your home and liquidating your assets so that a family member can receive some astronomically-priced drug produced by a corporation whose executives and stockholders live like kings. That was reality for millions of American citizens before the advent of the ACA.

Not sure why you became detached from compassion...

Last edited by Yeledaf; 11-17-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 07:17 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It was easy. My wife was diagnosed with cancer, her insurance was cancelled, and no other carrier would take her, thanks to that lovely actuarial scale that you admire but have never experienced first-hand.
BS. States had high-risk insurance pools before Obamacare.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
BS. States had high-risk insurance pools before Obamacare.
We particpated in one. The premiums were exorbitant, the deductible obscene, the out-of-pocket astronomical.

Cancer BS, is it? Wait till it hits your family. You'll be on your knees thanking God for the ACA.

Don't bother replying. I won't see it. This is my last post to you.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
We particpated in one. The premiums were exorbitant, the deductible obscene, the out-of-pocket astronomical.

Cancer BS, is it? Wait till it hits your family. You'll be on your knees thanking God for the ACA.

Don't bother replying. I won't see it. This is my last post to you.
Hey, that sounds like my current health insurance plan - only with one difference - I don't have any pre existing conditions.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hey, that sounds like my current health insurance plan - only with one difference - I don't have any pre existing conditions.
Kathryn, you haven't lived until you've groveled before a state High-Risk pool, providing evidence of your denials by insurance companies, medical affadavits, etc. all so that you would be grudgingly permitted to fork over about 25% of your monthly income for 60% coverage after a $6k deductible. Now, thanks to the ACA, you will never have the pleasure. Sorry.

And isn't that abstract term "pre-existing conditions" a pesky one? May you never encounter it in reality...

Old 11-17-2015, 07:43 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
And that's different from Obamacare, how?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/bu...anted=all&_r=0

Why Obamacare fails poor and middle class - CNN.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/su...t-covered.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies