Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Trump has come out against the NC bathroom law.

Quote:
Donald Trump says transgender people should be able to "use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate." On NBC's Today show Thursday morning, the GOP front-runner said he opposes North Carolina's "very strong" bathroom bill, which allows businesses to prohibit transgender people from doing just that.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...room-bill.html

Old 04-21-2016, 09:04 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
YOU claimed that you know the family and have copies of the record for the trans student.
No, I said I know the families and read their copies.

Quote:
FOIA does not apply to student records.
Then you're SOL...

Old 04-21-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I said I know the families and read their copies.
So you CAN'T back up YOUR claim? Big surprise.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
So you CAN'T back up YOUR claim? Big surprise.
I know it's true. I know the families involved. I've read their copies of the reports. You have NOTHING with which to dispute any of it. Too bad for you.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
It's their bidness, their choice.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I know it's true. I know the families involved. I've read their copies of the reports. You have NOTHING with which to dispute any of it. Too bad for you.
Well, I read copies and know that you are lying.

That statement carries just as much weight as your claim.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:59 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
In regards to the poll question, "Should it be Allowed",
I had to vote Yes, and I'll tell you why....
much as I hate this and don't approve of it, to vote no, it shouldn't be allowed, then opens a can of worms for the next problem, until eventually freedoms are taken away....
and we've got enough of our freedoms being trampled on right now...
you can't pick and chose, the laws are there for a reason...and any store owner, should be allowed to do as they wish as long as they are not harming anyone, however, in the same you to have a choice to not shop there...if they start losing money, they will quickly change their minds.
I deleted my membership to paypal. That is my choice.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
How are (the almost always) private occupancy family restrooms not transgender-friendly already? They definitely post that all genders are allowed.

IF that were a viable solution, I'd agree. But in the IL school case, both the trans student and the USDoE REJECTED that solution and INSISTED that the trans student with a penis have unrestricted access to and use of the girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms. Apparently, a private facility isn't good enough. In the USDoE's opinion, transgender tudents MUST be allowed to exhibit their opposite sex genitalia to MINORS as they please.
I was the one who posted the IL case and noted then that the Politics & Activism are more important than common sense solutions. Target already has Private/Family/Handicap Restrooms, that are available to anyone ... But that is just not good enough for the Radical Activists.

None of this is about accomadation, it's ALL about Politics and Agenda Activism.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
A male sex predator can walk in to any bathroom in any state right now. There are no genital checkers at the bathroom doors to check people before allowing them in. If someone is planning on breaking laws against rape, then the lw about who uses which restroom is not going to stop them.

Male sex predators attack women on the street, at school, at work, in their homes, maybe we need to ban men from public places so that women don't feel threatened.
yes, you are right, they can do it right now, but now, you've opened the door to doing it legally. Do you honestly think and believe that there are no TG sex predators?

do you honestly think and believe that this doesn't give predators more ideas to prey on women and children, in their minds, legitimately?

Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, you are right, they can do it right now, but now, you've opened the door to doing it legally. Do you honestly think and believe that there are no TG sex predators?

do you honestly think and believe that this doesn't give predators more ideas to prey on women and children, in their minds, legitimately?

I can't answer for the poster you quoted, but I can tell you that in my opinion predators didn't need this little law to prey on women and children. (And I'm still amazed that most are talking only about women and girls being in danger, I guess so much for a woman's ability to protect herself!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies