Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's a bit silly. In a public locker room or shower area, what constitutes "peeping"? Do you really think any adult man that claims to feel like a woman for a while should be able to shower or change with teenage or younger girls?
Where are all of these shower rooms that women are frolicking around naked? Even my gym has curtains for the shower/changing stalls. The public pool has curtains in the changing stalls too.

Womens changing rooms and bathrooms are not like some teenage males fantasy of girls soaping each other up and running around naked.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:16 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times
Ahh once again the one-sided hypocrisy from the leftists.

And when the government pulls middle-of-the-night anti-gun bills, allows free access and publication of firearms owners home address' and personal information, make fines (oops, I mean "permit fees") for constitutionally protected rights, or have their public officials come out and publicly say that large swaths of the conservative voting base aren't welcome in states is A-OK.

Make it so pervy folks can't watch my daughter undress, ask for notification of an abortion for the father of the child, require a free ID to vote, or anything similar and they lose their minds.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Where are all of these shower rooms that women are frolicking around naked? Even my gym has curtains for the shower/changing stalls. The public pool has curtains in the changing stalls too.

Womens changing rooms and bathrooms are not like some teenage males fantasy of girls soaping each other up and running around naked.
So you think every gym is just like yours?
Not all women use the curtained areas. Not all gyms have curtains for changing stalls. It's hard to get dressed in the shower don't you think? Everything's wet, even the floor.

And, by the way, such strange fantasies may be the reason so many on the left don't understand the rationale behind this law.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:25 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think I know anyone who has ever used PayPal.
do you not know anyone who has ever bought something on eBay or ESTY? what year do you live in?? LOL

Old 04-07-2016, 07:41 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Yes, actually I do. Most of you guys don't since you're all focused on the bathroom aspect. McCrory is an idiot, and what comes out of his office is meaningless.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, actually I do. Most of you guys don't since you're all focused on the bathroom aspect. McCrory is an idiot, and what comes out of his office is meaningless.
Difference of opinion does not mean anyone who thinks differently is an idiot. That would mean that, because he does not agree with you, he would have the right to call you an idiot?

Old 04-07-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
ok first of all, you're using Q&A propaganda from his own office as evidence that it's not a bad law.

I stopped at question 2 because it's BS.

"2. Does this bill take away existing protections for individuals in North Carolina?

Answer: No. In fact, for the first time in state history, this law establishes a statewide anti-discrimination policy in North Carolina which is tougher than the federal government’s. This also means that the law in North Carolina is not different when you go city to city."

nice spin, but he should hire a new PR firm.

now, anyone care to explain what this actually means?? "establishes a statewide anti-discrimination policy in North Carolina which is tougher than the federal government’s"

ETA: this one is wrong already lol

13. Will this bill affect North Carolina’s ability to create or recruit jobs?

Answer: This bill does not affect companies in North Carolina. North Carolina was one of the top states to do business in the country before this law was passed, and preventing Charlotte’s bathroom ordinance from going into effect on April 1 won’t change that.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So you think every gym is just like yours?
Not all women use the curtained areas. Not all gyms have curtains for changing stalls. It's hard to get dressed in the shower don't you think? Everything's wet, even the floor.

And, by the way, such strange fantasies may be the reason so many on the left don't understand the rationale behind this law.
I have been to many different gyms, bathrooms, pools, spas, in several different states, and haven't seen anyone naked. Where are all of theses bathrooms and gyms where women are hanging out exposed?

IF the reason is to stop people peeping, then why not just enforce the voyeurism laws?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
ok first of all, you're using Q&A propaganda from his own office as evidence that it's not a bad law.

I stopped at question 2 because it's BS.

"2. Does this bill take away existing protections for individuals in North Carolina?

Answer: No. In fact, for the first time in state history, this law establishes a statewide anti-discrimination policy in North Carolina which is tougher than the federal government’s. This also means that the law in North Carolina is not different when you go city to city."

nice spin, but he should hire a new PR firm.

now, anyone care to explain what this actually means?? "establishes a statewide anti-discrimination policy in North Carolina which is tougher than the federal government’s"
Since you object so strongly, tell us what this means to you.

I think the bill would have made special provisions for a special group of people without regard to the rest of the population. That's not quite fair, is it?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Since you object strongly, tell us what this means to you.

I think the bill would have made special provisions for a special group of people without regard to the rest of the population. That's not quite fair, is it?
I specifically asked what that language actually means. Are we supposed to just take the Governor's word for it? the answer provided was an outline or a summary. It had no actual meaning.

if you can't answer the question, then don't reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.