Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 10:18 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
OH come on now.

In Western civilization laws against homosexuality originated from the growth of Christianity. Henry VIii introduced the first legislation and punishment in the 1500's, referred to Buggery Laws, originally punishable by hanging. As the Brits colonized, these laws spread throughout the world including the US.

You are hack.

So Henry VIii, who created his own Church to divorce his wife is your pathetic excuse of Christian doctrine ?
"If a man shall take his brother’s wife, it is an impurity; he hath uncovered his brother’s nakedness; they shall be childless.”
He took that verse out of context which clearly meant a living brother.

Lets try this
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue
So that means the Constitution says the police can never arrest anyone inside their him, according to your brilliant scholarly method, the stuff of stooges....

Quote:
Most states had Sodimy Laws with assorted punishments. The Religious Right went full tilt in the late 60's- early 70's and several states created new laws targeting same sex sodomy with assorted punishments.
Well again if you actually read the cannon of what Christianity is , then you would have read the letters to the Corinthians which means that "sinners" who refuse to repent are merely thrown out of the church. They are however to be accepted back upon repentance. "Not 7 times but 7 times 70".

I notice you are still unable to come up with a single Canonical source to support your claim. I thought I made it clear.

Quote:
It took the SCOTUS to strike down the Texas Same Sec Sodomy Laws, just 13 years ago in 2003.
Is that in the Gospel?

Quote:
The Religious Right has used their interpretations of Scripture to deny civil rights to people based on their sexual orientation.
Yep. And some people take trucks run people over with them, and make bombs out of them. So based upon peoples interpretation of truck , you will only take cargo by rail I take it?

Quote:
Closer to home ( as opposed to Uganda) Jamacia, a majority Christian country, is considered one of the most homophobic places in the world and imprisions gay people.
Yeah and Congo is a major democratic country too right?

Quote:
Not going to find anything in the New Testiment that supports the Religious Right's position.
Correct.

Christianity considers it a sin . It instructs believers not to engage in homosexuality. The doctrine is voluntary.

Why do you think the religious right was eventually defeated? Its because fundamental doctrine helped inspire the secular state . Christianity is voluntary.

Quote:
Not going to find anything in the Quran that supports tossing gays off roofs.
If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful.
4:16

The Quran allows the use of force.
Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings. O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. Then afterward We destroyed the others. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!

26:165
The Hadiths are of cource even worse
Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.

There are of course many more.

Then of course if Henry the VIII is far game then we can look at the history of the Caliphs which is often genocidal in nature. But again , not really the point. What is the difference in the essential doctrine?

Quote:

Humanity has been interpreting and cherry- picking all along to control the masses.
Mkay so we could have just written anything for the Bill of Rights .
Amendment I :

Kill your parents if they become a burden

Amendment II :

Beat your wife and kids into submission.

Amendment III : burn down your neighbors house if he insults you.

Its all in the interpretation. Most people don't actually do except for the radical on a daily basis.

Quote:
Feel free to start a new thread if you choose to discuss this controversy in more detail.
Why? You uttery failed to deliver one compelling argument. I asked you for one place in the New Testament to support your point and you utterly failed to deliver. You endlessly babble nonsense with a confident authority, but have no actual facts to support it. You have a weak grasp of the actual religions , and I see little evidence of a concentrated study of history. You would not know Salic law from Sartorial law. I find if difficult to conceal my contempt for Reader Digest like pap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 10:18 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon011 View Post
The bicycle and pallets were in the back of the truck. I clearly said cab of truck. No one said all of them were real. Guns (a replica is just a type of gun) and a grenade were found in the cab of the truck.
If you want to consider fake guns and fake grenades to be guns and explosives, fine. But that's not the way most people would see it.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
So now it's witnesses who said it? I didn't see any witnesses make such a claim (truck traveled in excess of 100MPH) neither. You implied it was a fact.

Except guns and explosives were found in the cab of the truck. French officials have confirmed this multiple times. The fact you think it's false is funny.

It was multiple witnesses including police who heard him praise Allah before the shooting with police at the end.
The initial media reports , allegedly from Nice municipal officials, said the truck was full of weapons and explosives. Contrary to these reports, the cargo hold contained 1 bicycle and 8 empty pallets. The cab contained 1 automatic pistol, 2 fake assault rifles, 1 non- functioning grenade, 1 cell phone and documents.

All TV media reported speeds in excess of 100MPH, attributed to witnesses.

And witnesses claim they heard him yelling to Allah, despite gunfire and thousands of people screaming and running for their lives.

Common for there to be differences between initial eye witness perceptions and reality.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I've yet to see a single news story or video which says that the vehicle was doing 100 MPH.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
The initial media reports , allegedly from Nice municipal officials, said the truck was full of weapons and explosives. Contrary to these reports, the cargo hold contained 1 bicycle and 8 empty pallets. The cab contained 1 automatic pistol, 2 fake assault rifles, 1 non- functioning grenade, 1 cell phone and documents.

And witnesses claim they heard him yelling to Allah, despite gunfire and thousands of people screaming and running for their lives.

Common for there to be differences between initial eye witness perceptions and reality.
Why exactly does it matter? FACT: He mowed down hundreds of people and ISIS claimed him as a soldier and his actions as theirs. It doesn't matter how fast he did it or if he had an elephant in the cab with him.

He was a radical Muslim who committed Jihad on innocents PERIOD.
Somebody else knew of his plans and/or his propensity for violence against others and yet NOT A WORD of warning.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:35 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
The initial media reports , allegedly from Nice municipal officials, said the truck was full of weapons and explosives.
Surely you got a link to prove it.

Quote:
Contrary to these reports, the cargo hold contained 1 bicycle and 8 empty pallets. The cab contained 1 automatic pistol, 2 fake assault rifles, 1 non- functioning grenade, 1 cell phone and documents.
This hasn't changed anything I said.

Quote:
You said hundreds of news sources reported it. Surely you can post a link to prove it. Every report I saw from a witness including an American put it at 20-30MPH.

Quote:
Witnesses including police said he praised Allah at the end before the shootout.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
If you want to consider fake guns and fake grenades to be guns and explosives, fine. But that's not the way most people would see it.
Most people can't tell the difference between a replica and one that can fire. That is why they are called replicas https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...-definitions-0

Old 07-16-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Most people can't tell the difference between a replica and one that can fire. That is why they are called replicas https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...-definitions-0
But they still aren't guns.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
But they still aren't guns.
Correction they aren't guns to you. Such guns are illegal in some states because they look too real. People have been shot by the police by having a replica.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Correction they aren't guns to you. Such guns are illegal in some states because they look too real. People have been shot by the police by having a replica.
No, they aren't guns. Period. Cubic zirconia might look like diamonds, but they aren't diamonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies