Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:38 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why is it that you have to look at Venezuela and not Japan? Do they not live longer on average than us? You do know they control the price of their health care also, right?
Step outside and look around, do you see a neat orderly docile homogeneous society?
Why should the govt control the price or availiabilty of anything? Are politicians gifted with some wisdom that the consumer doesn't have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 06:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Step outside and look around, do you see a neat orderly docile homogeneous society?
Why should the govt control the price or availiabilty of anything? Are politicians gifted with some wisdom that the consumer doesn't have?
Because in a country such as ours a person shouldn't have to worry about affording between an epi-pen, rent or dying by getting stung.

You do realize that it was taxpayers that funded the discovery in the first place? Why should a private company be able to profit off something like this that the taxpayers paid to discover?

Also, your reply is telling. You don't care much for those poor blacks do you? When I step outside I see a homogeneous docile society but it's not about me.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:47 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Why is it that you have to look at Venezuela and not Japan? Do they not live longer on average than us? You do know they control the price of their health care also, right?

Not sure Japan is a great place to look either. Isn't their suicide rate something like 60% higher then the rest of the world ? They might have great health care but something is wrong...

Old 08-26-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not sure Japan is a great place to look either. Isn't their suicide rate something like 60% higher then the rest of the world ? They might have great health care but something is wrong...
Being that the discussion is health care and you say they very well might have great health care, then yes, looking at Japan is relevant

Looks to me like you had some pressing desire to take a pot shot at them for doing something better than us.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:54 AM

21,145 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I wonder if sending millions of kids into anaphylaxis shock is enough to convince their stupid parents not to vote for Hitliary?

...probably not.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Nothing debunked. Just a writer who writes an article!

Nothing but hot air. Did you even read the article yourself?
Oh, please.

You are trying to link Clinton to this price-hike, either through Manchin, or through Manchin's daughter.

The link to Manchin, because he is a fellow Democrat, becomes moot when he is one of the few in the party to refuse to endorse Clinton.

The link to the drug company becomes moot when Clinton has been calling on the drug company to lower its prices for the Epipen.

But I'm glad that you concur that your original post was NOTHING BUT HOT AIR.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:19 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Gun Control Manchin-Toomey Joe Manchin (D-WV)?

Defenseless Americans who won't be allowed to defend themselves against violent criminals or allergic shock.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, please.

You are trying to link Clinton to this price-hike, either through Manchin, or through Manchin's daughter.

The link to Manchin, because he is a fellow Democrat, becomes moot when he is one of the few in the party to refuse to endorse Clinton.
He most certainly did endorse her.

Manchin endorses Hillary Clinton as he looks ahead to next White House occupant

WV MetroNews – Manchin endorses Hillary Clinton as he looks ahead to next White House occupant

“No matter what they might be saying out there, they have a friend,” Senator Joe Manchin III, who accompanied Mrs. Clinton, told the panel participants.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...west-virginia/

Does that prove a link? No but he most certainly did endorse AND campaign for her.

Quote:
The link to the drug company becomes moot when Clinton has been calling on the drug company to lower its prices for the Epipen.

But I'm glad that you concur that your original post was NOTHING BUT HOT AIR.
Clinton says a lot of things she doesn't actually mean. Her saying this proves nothing either as she has said many things and then done the opposite.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Because in a country such as ours a person shouldn't have to worry about affording between an epi-pen, rent or dying by getting stung.

You do realize that it was taxpayers that funded the discovery in the first place? Why should a private company be able to profit off something like this that the taxpayers paid to discover?

Also, your reply is telling. You don't care much for those poor blacks do you? When I step outside I see a homogeneous docile society but it's not about me.
And here we are with the race card again.... I guess black people are being denied the Epipen while whites and others are not? I didn't see race mentioned ANYWHERE until you brought it up.
As an aside, there is another auto injector that is a cheaper form of the Epipen. It's called Adrenaclick and sells for as low as $140.
http://consumerreports.org/drugs/how...n-alternative/

Last edited by jimj; 08-26-2016 at 08:06 AM..

Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
He most certainly did endorse her.

Manchin endorses Hillary Clinton as he looks ahead to next White House occupant

WV MetroNews – Manchin endorses Hillary Clinton as he looks ahead to next White House occupant

“No matter what they might be saying out there, they have a friend,” Senator Joe Manchin III, who accompanied Mrs. Clinton, told the panel participants.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...west-virginia/

Does that prove a link? No but he most certainly did endorse AND campaign for her.

Clinton says a lot of things she doesn't actually mean. Her saying this proves nothing either as she has said many things and then done the opposite.
My bad, then, regarding Manchin.

Your last sentence simply tells us that you are entrenched in your opposition to Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies