Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 09:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,758,488 times

Advertisements

Health and insurance industry are both cartels running legal scams against the American people.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:45 PM

18,864 posts, read 8,512,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Spoken like a real pro pharma $$$ person. There is a major lawsuit going on RIGHT NOW to end fluoridaiton. A suit against the EPA.

Mathguy: This thread has over 21,000 views and it's been here for a few years...ignore it if you don't like it..ignore is easy to do.
I'm a primary care/internist doc with over 45 years of experience. Pharma is a means to treat patients, not for me to gain wealth. Although I'm sure I've owned some pharma stock now again and made some coin there. Peter Lynch taught me to invest in what you know. Like Amgen and Chiron.

There have been cases against water fluoridation going back to the '50's.

Some communities no longer see benefits and are terminating fluoridating their water supplies.

https://www.nature.com/articles/4812863

I grew up in Charlotte, NC and none of the kids in my family had cavities:

https://fluoridealert.org/news/histo...enburg-county/

Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Nonesense? Isn't this how you get paychecks and make a nice comfortable living? That's how I understand it.
Sure, writing Rx's is part of what I do. Many times that's what it takes to keep someone well or get them well.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,805,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Sure, writing Rx's is part of what I do. Many times that's what it takes to keep someone well or get them well.
I could write my book on fluoridation scam, I own a few published books by others. I grew up in PA where it mostly started with Alcoa and Mellon and the tap and bath/shower water didn't save my teeth and body wide arthritis I live with and I'm 81. Our city Santa Monica finally collapsed with the "pushers' in 2008 and the council's deep pockets. Don't get me started.

Latest update on lawsuit against EPA. http://fluoridealert.org/content/bul...9aBArac6yHdsoQ

And yes it's been battled for decades and many have died in their efforts to stop this fraud.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,805,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
And MD's have lost their medical licenses for going out of the standard box of "writing" and trying to help patients without the toxic drugs.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
And MD's have lost their medical licenses for going out of the standard box of "writing" and trying to help patients without the toxic drugs.
'First do no harm' means treatments need to of course work, but be safe. But no treatment is perfect. So we do the best with the tools we have.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:58 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Not to mention, with opioids drugs (which they were making a killing on), govt stepped in and threw a wrench into that! Now hardly any doctors will writes scripts for opioid drugs, they fear the DEA raiding their offices...

Strange, seems like they would want doctors giving out opioids left and right, it keeps customers coming back, buying more and more and more. Plus opioid drugs give a sense of euphoria, even though its only masking the pain, but thats just another positive on the checklist for them, if it keeps patients happy, euphoric, and spending money...why kill the cash cow?!

Old 10-09-2019, 11:12 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,129,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why are computers so cheap today?
More widely available and cheaper to make.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:09 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,142,084 times
Quote:
It's a huge game that has been going on for decades.

There was talking about "curing" the common cold when I was a kid.
And forget that "run for cancer cures". Cancer is mega business.
My sister counted on mega $1000's in drugs to slow down the MS she is challenged with, she is
totally worse and has so declined.
It's NOT in the Industry's best interests to CURE AND HEAL. They have to answer to stockholders, major pharma companies....
Keep developing drugs to keep more bandaids going, keep patients coming back.
And Keep THEM all employed.
A game they play and MOST fall for it.
Pharma Industry isn't the only game in town, but a huge one.
Sorry about your sister and I understand your bitterness but sometimes medications work and sometimes they do not. Many of us watched this in people we cared about. It's a real world. Trial and error and sometimes huge wins...and for millions of people. It's no "pharma". It's the way we learn. Harsh but that's the way it is.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,974,017 times
Cure is not a profitable business model

Goldman Sachs asks in biotech research report: ‘Is curing patients a sustainable business model?’
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/gold...ess-model.html

“The potential to deliver ‘one shot cures’ is one of the most attractive aspects of gene therapy, genetically-engineered cell therapy and gene editing. However, such treatments offer a very different outlook with regard to recurring revenue versus chronic therapies,” analyst Salveen Richter wrote in the note to clients Tuesday. “While this proposition carries tremendous value for patients and society, it could represent a challenge for genome medicine developers looking for sustained cash flow.”

The money is in managing illness over the lifespan, NOT curing or healing. Keeping people sick enough so that they don't die, yet unwell enough that they need constant care.

Last edited by newtovenice; 10-10-2019 at 04:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.