Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 08:44 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Feminism was originally created by nasty power mongering men- who figured out if you could dupe woman then you could control your male rivals through woman. Look at what the banks did once feminism flourished...and woman had their own income...The banks figured out that now there were two incomes in a family...

So they DOUBLED the interest rate...and instead of the male being the slave- the male and the female were now slaves....ha ha
LOL. OMG thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. OMG thanks for the laugh.
Somebody clearly is under the impression that feminism started in the 1970s.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
What's the deal with the sports exams? You don't go to your own MD, DO, PA, or NP for this? We always do.
I have done both. The grandkids PED is male, but often the school will get with a clinic or tech and do mass exams on a particular day or days. Last year it was done at the HS for 15$.
When my son played FB the local Chiropractor (she was my chiro) (whose son also played) did all the kids exams for a discount. IME if this is done at a clinic or health dept. the techs are more often female.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:03 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Yep, women in the west don't know the first thing about "oppression". When I hear women talk about being oppressed it's almost always them feeling as if they should be exempt from anything bad ever happening to them or going wrong in their life. They now can also get their "safe spaces" in college and a woman's word alone is all it takes to get a man arrested or at the very least shamed. They make me feel bad being a woman. Not to mention their gender quota. Now if I ever get a job in management I won't know if there were more qualified men that could have gotten it and I am just a quota.
Nailed it! That is exactly what it's all about.

"I should not have anyone say anything mean or rude to me, everyone should always smile at me and treat me gently with kid gloves, laugh at everything I say, tell me that all of my ideas are good, that I'm super duper smart, don't ever focus on the fact that I wear yoga pants, sip pumpkin spice lattes, drive a mini van, because I demand to be a firefighter and a combat vet at the same time, and if you say I can't, I'm being oppressed, that's not right, I am special, you better respect my specialness and my uniqueness and how fabulous I am...and we skip la la la la la, happy funshine times, hooray, life is a fairytale and I'm the queen!"

It always makes me roll my eyes when anyone who was born and raised in the USA talks about "being oppressed". Shut up.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:07 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

"I should not have anyone say anything mean or rude to me, everyone should always smile at me and treat me gently with kid gloves, laugh at everything I say, tell me that all of my ideas are good, that I'm super duper smart, don't ever focus on the fact that I wear yoga pants, sip pumpkin spice lattes, drive a mini van, because I demand to be a firefighter and a combat vet at the same time, and if you say I can't, I'm being oppressed, that's not right, I am special, you better respect my specialness and my uniqueness and how fabulous I am...and we skip la la la la la, happy funshine times, hooray, life is a fairytale and I'm the queen!"

It always makes me roll my eyes when anyone who was born and raised in the USA talks about "being oppressed". Shut up.
Women in the US generally don't know oppression anymore, no. But they did for a while. Couldn't own property, couldn't even vote until less than 100 years ago.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:15 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
The point of Modern Feminism is for middle-class and wealthy women (who are mostly white) to become wealthier while minimizing any potential criticism for their actions.

That is why the disproportionate amount of male CEOs, scientists, politicians, and so on are touted, but no mention is made of waste management workers, long-haul truck drivers, and so on.

That is why when women talk about sex in a blunt and vulgar manner; it is liberating. Her c--nt is thing of beauty and don't you dare **** shame her.

However, men who talk about sex in a blunt and vulgar manner are pigs. And their obession with their penises is immature.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Care to provide us links to feminist organizations that have that ^^^as their mission statement.Really, because when I look up feminist organizations that is not what I see. NOW was advocating the protection of survivors of intimate sexual assault, stopping military sexual assault, and honoring working mothers. FMF's campaigns were Brunei's taliban like laws, stand shoulder to shoulder with Afghan women, Integrate reproductive health care and HIV/AIDs treatment......

I didnt see anything about smiling, kid gloves or pumpkin spice lattes or oppression for that matter.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Quote:

Just out of curiosity, have you come across many women in your real life who fit into this caricature?

Old 11-08-2016, 09:39 AM

[quote=Frank_Carbonni;46106190]
Quote:
The point of Modern Feminism is for middle-class and wealthy women (who are mostly white) to become wealthier while minimizing any potential criticism for their actions.
Can you provide some evidence that white middle class and wealthy feminists are becoming wealthier via "their actions". Thanks in advance.
Quote:
That is why the disproportionate amount of male CEOs, scientists, politicians, and so on are touted, but no mention is made of waste management workers, long-haul truck drivers, and so on.
Ha. Who shouts about jobs as trash collectors and truck drivers (though I've known several female long-haul truck drivers). Women have always held low paying and menial positions. The breakthrough is in the high level professional and powerful positions that women have been shut out of for so long. Duh.

Quote:
That is why when women talk about sex in a blunt and vulgar manner; it is liberating. Her c--nt is thing of beauty and don't you dare **** shame her.
What. Women engaging in locker-room talk. Just like men. Who would have thought.

Quote:
However, men who talk about sex in a blunt and vulgar manner are pigs. And their obession with their penises is immature.
I've yet to hear women talk excessively about their genitalia, give it a name, discuss its size, strength, and tenacity. Perhaps your talking about the Vagina Monologues, IDK. I did have the misfortune to listen to a discussion (among lesbians) about female genitalia and the consensus was male and female junk was equally ugly. At any rate there is a time and place for that talk.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:40 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Care to provide us links to feminist organizations that have that ^^^as their mission statement.Really, because when I look up feminist organizations that is not what I see. NOW was advocating the protection of survivors of intimate sexual assault, stopping military sexual assault, and honoring working mothers. FMF's campaigns were Brunei's taliban like laws, stand shoulder to shoulder with Afghan women, Integrate reproductive health care and HIV/AIDs treatment......

I didnt see anything about smiling, kid gloves or pumpkin spice lattes or oppression for that matter.
Have you met a Feminist under 40?

Things have changed since the 70s.

How about the case where a young man was barred from a college campus because he reminded a young woman of her rapist:

Trading the Megaphone for the Gavel in Title IX Enforcement - Trading the Megaphone for the Gavel in Title IX Enforcement

Found under "Impacts Without Misconduct":

Quote:
I recently assisted a young man who was subjected by administrators at his small liberal arts university in Oregon to a month-long investigation into all his campus relationships, seeking information about his possible sexual misconduct in them (an immense invasion of his and his friends’ privacy), and who was ordered to stay away from a fellow student (cutting him off from his housing, his campus job, and educational opportunity) — all because he reminded her of the man who had raped her months before and thousands of miles away. He was found to be completely innocent of any sexual misconduct and was informed of the basis of the complaint against him only by accident and off-hand. But the stay-away order remained in place, and was so broadly drawn up that he was at constant risk of violating it and coming under discipline for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies