Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 04:00 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times

Advertisements

This thread amazes me and makes me so sad that so many people these days still have such ignorant views of feminism, even some women. Feminism is extremely important, it is still important today even though major accomplishments have been made (right to vote, own property, stand for election, reproductive rights etc.) there is still much that needs to be changed and this thread is a clear example of that - too many people still think that women are inferior and until those attitudes change, feminism is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 06:46 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Really? Well someone out stats out for mens issues, who is drawing attention to that? Ill never date a feminist.
Shouldn't the men's rights groups be doing that?

Old 11-07-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Speak for yourself.

As usual as so many feminists do you try to strong-arm those into accepting in your ideology that is far more than what the dictionary definition says. I, as well as other women I know do believe those things but don't call ourselves feminists, humanists, or other labels are more accurate.

Women, such as in the above video I showed are good reasons why many women don't call themselves feminists. And before you say "Oh, women like that don't represent feminism" the very fact that such women can do such, make up some bogus claim online, even have conferences on college campuses yet have no issue getting legions of self-proclaimed feminists to be on their side makes it moot.

Just look at all the feminists back Hillary. A woman that like Merkel would be perfectly fine with women getting beaten, raped, sexually assaulted all for power. Not even counting her sticking with and defending a scum bag rapist husband. Not that it really matters to feminists, actually getting women into positions of power is all that matters. Hillary and friends could be making Aztec sacrifices of women on the white house lawn ripping out their hearts and they wouldn't give a damn.

It's actually quite scary really, they won't even acknowledge any wrong-doing of Hillary, instead they are treating her like the female Jesus Christ Messiah and the savior of all womankind!
Good thing feminist fought the patriarchal system for equal rights so you can go out and cast your vote!

Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
My mother an Obstetrician, did all of those things and more. Was she a feminist? IDK she never used that word, but who knows. She believed in fairness across the board. She had zero resentment in her heart. I do know she did not act like I see so many of today's feminists act, with hate, and being offended 24/7 over everything, being angry all the time, seeing injustice everywhere.
She lived by the Golden Rule best she could, helped bring in many lives into the world, led by example. She wasn't perfect, and I know initially at the start of her career, faced pushback from male doctors. Her response to that was to observe the GR, and be the best she could, she let the nonsense roll off her back.
She once told me that if she couldn't handle the juvenile actions of some neanderthals, then how could she handle a life or death situation with a baby.
She said what those jerks said meant nothing, but when faced with a life or death decision she has to make in under 2 seconds or less, THAT'S pressure, not that other stuff. To me that's REAL strength and empowerment, not screaming in some dude she never met before's face about how he is oppressing her, and dying her hair pink and being pissed off all the time about something, and hating people she never met
She became a chairperson for a national organization for OB, wrote papers, worked out, and helped raise a family while caring for her aging parents (only child) Also traveled worldwide to clinics to help those people out some.
MY mom did all this is the 50's 60s 70s and 80s without "safe spaces" and without the permascowl, 24/7 anger, and constant screeching about the Patriarchy. She thrived in an era when men really ruled the roost in medical professions.
My mother was not perfect, but I'd love to see these oversized, pinkhaired trigglypuffs badly in need of soap, even last a week keeping up with her and her female colleagues when THEY were the same age.
And the majority of feminists are like your mother. We don't wave a feminist flag or go around proclaiming ourselves feminists but have silently come up through a male dominated society and earned our place in male dominated careers paving the way for future generations of women who wont have to face the pushback from their male peers and supervisors.

As was asked up thread where are all these hate spewing perpetually offended feminists? Why is it Clinton, safe places, and such are blamed on feminists. Seems to me this entitlement, offendedness and even anger is a generational cultural thing not a gender thing.

Perhaps it is because the media loves to focus on drama that it is the extremest you are seeing or as others actively seeking out YouTube videos and believe this behavior is representative of feminism.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And the majority of feminists are like your mother. We don't wave a feminist flag or go around proclaiming ourselves feminists but have silently come up through a male dominated society and earned our place in male dominated careers paving the way for future generations of women who wont have to face the pushback from their male peers and supervisors.

As was asked up thread where are all these hate spewing perpetually offended feminists? Why is it Clinton, safe places, and such are blamed on feminists. Seems to me this entitlement, offendedness and even anger is a generational cultural thing not a gender thing.

Perhaps it is because the media loves to focus on drama that it is the extremest you are seeing or as others actively seeking out YouTube videos and believe this behavior is representative of feminism.
Yes, and one I hope comes to an end soon.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Yes, this is very true. Sure women can talk about the feminists they know that don't act crazy or have crazy ideas about men or are men-haters but if like me you spend a lot of time reading news online there is no shortage of crazy feminists trying to censor free speech, especially against men, or say some of the crazies things one can think of, yet nevertheless they get lots of attention and money from feminists. Nor do they complain about the inequality to things such as divorce, crime etc.

In the CE forum I posted a article where a woman pulled her pants down in front of a bunch of HS kids and she was sent to a mental hospital and was not charged with a crime, yet if it were a man it would be straight to jail, straight to being charged with indecent exposure and straight on the sex offender registry.

Completely ridiculous! Yet feminists won't talk about inequality like that.
I dont seek out feminists on line. Can you tell me what news station or post a link and also where known feminists are trying to censor free speech against men. Also a link to the donations by feminists groups to these people? Thanks.

Also, a link to the article you mentioned. I tried googling but no luck.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:05 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
This thread amazes me and makes me so sad that so many people these days still have such ignorant views of feminism, even some women. Feminism is extremely important, it is still important today even though major accomplishments have been made (right to vote, own property, stand for election, reproductive rights etc.) there is still much that needs to be changed and this thread is a clear example of that - too many people still think that women are inferior and until those attitudes change, feminism is necessary.
In today's world, it's not so much that 'too many' view women as inferior, it is that too many feminists have become controlling beeches whose goal is to emotionally castrate men and turn them into wimps. They want to raise their sons to be more feminine and wimpy. These women want to beat their chests and claim "woman power" and "we don't need men!", and "we can do it all by ourselves".

You have feminists who don't truly understand the original intent of women wanting to vote and have legal rights, because they were jilted and just plain detest men.

You have feminists who are insulted if a man opens a door for them; or are offended if a man compliments them.

Do a Google search and ask 'why are modern men so wimpy'. . . the truth is out there.

I agree there are many women who are mature, wise, have emotional intelligence and are able to live a healthy balanced life without bashing men. Unfortunately the others have succeeded in giving feminism a bad name by wanting to destroy men in general.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:49 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Quote:
"Kill All Men"

Old 11-07-2016, 09:42 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how old are you? Seems the older women tend to be more hardcore feminists while at the same time oblivious to the kind of feminist looney tunes get influence and power.

5 Examples Of Feminist Censorship That Will Make You Rethink Online Bullying | Thought Catalog

Male Birth Control: Study Shows 96% Efficacy

Cassie Jaye

https://medium.com/athena-talks/my-f...2ee#.5d9vcfiic

UN Wants To Censor Internet To Save Feminists' Feelings

All self-proclaimed feminists that are into censoring people they don't like or who hurt their feelings. And there are many more. They are far less like Susan Anthony and far more like Andrea Dworkin.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
feminist are as individual as the woman herself. all the fear of the "feminazi" or the man hating feminist are from people who fear an independent strong woman. until women are treated fairly and not thought of as second class citizens, not able to control their own reproduction without attempts by certain members of our society to restrict it, the radical feminist will continue to push, as they should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies