Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 12:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
My mother an Obstetrician, did all of those things and more. Was she a feminist? IDK she never used that word, but who knows. She believed in fairness across the board. She had zero resentment in her heart.
Not sure of your mother's age group, but I used be a pharmaceutical sales rep, and many of the doctors I called on were older immigrants, male and female, who had completed their medical training overseas in the UK/Europe, Asia, etc. Almost every one of them, in our conversations, got around to telling me how astounded they were, when they immigrated, by how much women in North America were held back from entering medical schools and becoming doctors back in the 40s, 50s, and early 60s.

Without a doubt, the feminist movement of the late 60s and early 70s helped change that, and made it easier for women like your mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Yep, women in the west don't know the first thing about "oppression". When I hear women talk about being oppressed it's almost always them feeling as if they should be exempt from anything bad ever happening to them or going wrong in their life. They now can also get their "safe spaces" in college and a woman's word alone is all it takes to get a man arrested or at the very least shamed. They make me feel bad being a woman. Not to mention their gender quota. Now if I ever get a job in management I won't know if there were more qualified men that could have gotten it and I am just a quota.
You really shouldn't be on a public forum expressing your opinions, you know? It's so unfeminine and unseemly. What does your husband think of it? Isn't he terribly embarrassed? He must feel so emasculated, the poor man!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
That's completely irrelevant given that it's the radicals that end up getting the most attention, money, support and know they complain enough things will change to how they like it no matter how absurd it is.
Can you give specific examples of what you're talking about, please?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:08 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
[quote=Marleinie;46095285]
Quote:
The point is they constantly kow-tow to feminists and feminists can complain and no matter how ridiculous it is they get what they want.
Who is they? Nothing pointed to feminists. Many groups will complain and petition to make aware their cause and businesses, organizations and even government entities succumb to the pressure. Why do you act as though only feminists do this.

Quote:
Similar argument as above, feminists ***** enough and they get their way just acting like babies.
Same as above.

Quote:
Because feminists are supposedly about equality yet are happy to mock any issues men have.
What feminists, what mocking. The article was about trials for male BC and the side effects.

Quote:
Because feminists know people aren't going to look very deep into it, if you actually played the game you'd know you don't even have a body, all it shows is your helmet, bow and arrows and hands. Showing she is full of it.
Yes we all get that it wasn't her real physical body and she states that. She was sharing a story of what happened to her. The point is that even in a virtual reality game where you are killing zombies women are being virtually sexually harassed and assaulted and that the mindset is that its ok and that behavior is still alive and well.

Quote:
What they are arguing for is censorship and basically if you hurt their feelings that should be enough to get you banned/censored.
If you read the actual report and not the biased link you provided they are asking to promote changes in social attitudes, Implement oversight and maintain a responsible internet infrastructure through technical solutions and more informed customer care practices and develop and uphold laws, regulations and governance mechanisms to deter perpetrators from committing these acts.

Quote:
I am only against the crazy nut job women from speaking out, the women that complain about non-issues, and try to change things to a regressive state.
Then be against these women and not the entire feminist movement. Stop blaming everything on feminists.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Can you give specific examples of what you're talking about, please?
No, she cant. Just as not one of the posters who were making these vague accusations were able to.

They believe for some reason that feminists are changing all these laws, controlling the government and getting everything they want. I wonder if they realize that feminists weren't even able to get the ERA ratified?

Old 11-07-2016, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,578 times
This topic really resonates with me I am a proud feminist however my 15 year old daughter is not, giving the same kind of dumb reasons why feminism is bad. She has shown me anti feminism videos, most made by women incidentally enough. Why are there women not only not feminists but feel the need to make channels dedicated to anti feminism???

Old 11-07-2016, 03:19 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,252,976 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how old are you? Seems the older women tend to be more hardcore feminists while at the same time oblivious to the kind of feminist looney tunes get influence and power.

5 Examples Of Feminist Censorship That Will Make You Rethink Online Bullying | Thought Catalog

Male Birth Control: Study Shows 96% Efficacy

Cassie Jaye

https://medium.com/athena-talks/my-f...2ee#.5d9vcfiic

UN Wants To Censor Internet To Save Feminists' Feelings

All self-proclaimed feminists that are into censoring people they don't like or who hurt their feelings. And there are many more. They are far less like Susan Anthony and far more like Andrea Dworkin.
30. I used to think that feminists were crazy until I really started to look into feminism and think about what its really like to be a woman. I have nothing against men, I get on much better with men than I do with women, but that doesn't change the fact that as a woman I am starting from a different point than men, and there are people who consider me weaker/inferior/less intelligent/less capable/less logical purely because I have a vulva instead of a penis.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:25 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,252,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
In today's world, it's not so much that 'too many' view women as inferior, it is that too many feminists have become controlling beeches whose goal is to emotionally castrate men and turn them into wimps. They want to raise their sons to be more feminine and wimpy. These women want to beat their chests and claim "woman power" and "we don't need men!", and "we can do it all by ourselves".

You have feminists who don't truly understand the original intent of women wanting to vote and have legal rights, because they were jilted and just plain detest men.

You have feminists who are insulted if a man opens a door for them; or are offended if a man compliments them.

Do a Google search and ask 'why are modern men so wimpy'. . . the truth is out there.

I agree there are many women who are mature, wise, have emotional intelligence and are able to live a healthy balanced life without bashing men. Unfortunately the others have succeeded in giving feminism a bad name by wanting to destroy men in general.
In your own post you liken being feminine to being wimpy - that's viewing woman as inferior. How are women raising their sons to be wimpy? By raising them to acknowledge their feelings? To play with dolls to practice being a dad (like girls practice being a mum)? By not telling them 'boys don't cry'?

I think its silly to be offended by anyone holding a door open for anyone but some male compliments can be very obviously backhanded, like being surprised a woman succeeded at something 'manly'.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:11 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
feminist are as individual as the woman herself. all the fear of the "feminazi" or the man hating feminist are from people who fear an independent strong woman.
Funny how feminists claim they're "strong and independent" and when a guy says "hello" to them, they cry sexual harassment. Many "strong and independent" women don't have hateful attitudes towards men (I've known many). Just look at some youtube videos from crazy feminists.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:17 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Funny how feminists claim they're "strong and independent" and when a guy says "hello" to them, they cry sexual harassment.
Examples of this happening please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies