Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 02:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post

Protecting people by forcing them? Sounds like slavery to me. This is a progressive ideal, one that is not compatible with a liberty based society. So far, you have no problems with using government to force people to serve others.
Have you paid ANY attention to what we've written?

Okay, if you know better, which your apparent age would deny, please explain how men of YOUR generation have it harder than did men of my father's generation, who came of age prior to modern feminism taking off in the late 60s. How are YOU imposed on, how are your "rights" being compromised, in 2016, compared to men your same age in, say, 1956?

Would you prefer to go back to a time when women had no education beyond high school, had few skills aND likely no ambition beyond getting married?

Would you like to be a young man in his early 20s, who, if he's a "decent" guy, will marry the young girl with few skills that he's been dating for a year or two? Would you want that expectation to be imposed on you? Would you like to have the responsibility of being the sole provider of a family by the age of, oh, 24?

Would you like to return to a period when there was no access to birth control, social mores were ENTIRELY different, and if men wanted a piece, they had to either pay for it, or put a ring in it?

Please respond NOT with bumper sticker talk, but with specific points supported by authoritative sources. Thank you.

[/quote]

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-02-2016 at 03:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 03:11 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
There are, but the women who claim to be "feminist" in my experience seem to be mostly white women.
hmm that's because Afro American. Asian and Latinas simply bad azzes-- they dont need any titles nor care for any - they simply ROCK -- and the earth trembles

Old 11-02-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post

That's my point exactly, the court system is unfairly biased. A woman and a man can commit the same crime, yet the man often faces more severe punishment.

A woman can simply tell the police "my husband hit me" and the husband will be hauled off the jail 9 times out of 10. Feminists like to play the victim card, but there are many instances where men are the victims, yet they are not treated as such.
"Feminists like to play the victim card"? So, tell me, how would a "non-feminist" respond is similar situations? First of all, do you think there ARE women, in 2016, who TRULY aren't "feminists"?

As a woman, I can assure you that there are PLENTY of women who, in reality, are BIG TIME "feminists" in terms of their life choices, their beliefs, their assumptions, and in terms of how they conduct themselves (hint: they're NO wallflowers). Frequently angry, loud mouthed, aggressive, belligerent, nasty. They've often never married or had kids. They're the kind of women my very traditional grandmother would have insisted are not "real" women. They are to be pitied, she said.

Yet, it is these same women who will turn up their noses at the mention of "feminism" and join in the "feminazi" chants. No way are they one of those "feminists!" There are a couple of women in this thread who I suspect fit that profile.

In light of that, who, in your opinion, is a "feminist," and who isn't?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-02-2016 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
hmm that's because Afro American. Asian and Latinas simply bad azzes-- they dont need any titles nor care for any - they simply ROCK -- and the earth trembles
LOL. Gotta agree with you there. African American and Latina women seem to be far less concerned with following society's "rules" and expectations. That's usually a very good thing.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:51 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I will do it however I want to. Are you trying to infringe on my civil liberities?
It is a private board, what you can do is not up to me, rather it is up to the PRIVATE owners of the board. I respect their choice to allow or ban anyone for any reason. You don't.
Besides, I was just complaining about your inability to handle simple quote tags. Maybe I should take a page from the feminist book, call up government and ask them to enforce my will upon all who post in this forum. Once it is a law, you have to obey right? Because it is the law right?

Quote:
Do you not understand the concept of laws?
Perhaps equal protection and opportunity under the law is progressive in your mind. Individual liberty does not grant you the freedom to do completely as you please at the expense of others. I am sure you would see it differently if you were denied a job, housing, legal assistance, credit, and education based solely on the fact that you were a man, or a particular race, or religion.
Laws exist to serve the protection of liberty, not the other way around. There is no loss of liberty in being refused by a private business, regardless of the reason. Government does not grant us our rights, they exist outside of governments authority. The fact that you can get a bunch of thugs together and threaten with jail or violence that people comply does not change this fact. Again, you argue progressive authority of the state, you use government as your strong arm to force your will upon the people.

Quote:
I get you think it is right to discriminate against others based on these things but the thankfully the majority of people do not.
You do not have the right to force another to serve you. Do you not understand this? Just because you are a certain color, pee sitting down, or are confused about your sexual orientation, etc... does not give you the authority to demand someone serve you.

Please show me where the founding forefathers explained this right? Where does the right exist in the constitution to demand someone serve them? Please, show me where the civil rights act gives the government the authority to enslave an individual and force them to serve another? Can you point to that part?

Quote:
anti discrimination laws don't dictate who you must serve. I'm not sure why your panties are in such a wad.
They absolutely do. Remember the cake issue with the people I think it was in Oregon? They refused to make a cake for the gay couple. That should have been the end of it with the gay couple going somewhere else. But no... the gay couple ran to the state and demanded that the government force the couple to bake a cake for them... or... face a 100k penalty, have their license revoked and possibly face jail time.

So... again... you were saying? Please tell me how that is not a demand by the state to serve another?

Quote:
Now there is a cop out answer.
It is the truth and I showed it over and over. All you have done is made ignorant arguments without any real understanding of the nature of our government. You keep going on about law and how we are supposed to obey the state, but you only prove my argument about progressives using these groups to push laws that increase the power and reach of the state.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:57 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
I corrected your lack of ability to deal with very simple quote tags. You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Have you paid ANY attention to what we've written?

Okay, if you know better, which your apparent age would deny, please explain how men of YOUR generation have it harder than did men of my father's generation, who came of age prior to modern feminism taking off in the late 60s. How are YOU imposed on, how are your "rights" being compromised, in 2016, compared to men your same age in, say, 1956?
You answer my question first.

Quote:
Would you prefer to go back to a time when women had no education beyond high school, had few skills aND likely no ambition beyond getting married?
I would prefer we simply protect peoples individual liberty. If we do this, people will be able to choose as they will for themselves. It is not my responsibility nor the states to baby after children who can't be responsible for themselves and expect the world to bend for them.

Quote:
Would you like to be a young man in his early 20s, who, if he's a "decent" guy, will marry the young girl with few skills that he's been dating for a year or two? Would you want that expectation to be imposed on you? Would you like to have the responsibility of being the sole provider of a family by the age of, oh, 24?
See previous response.

Quote:
Would you like to return to a period when there was no access to birth control, social mores were ENTIRELY different, and if men wanted a piece, they had to either pay for it, or put a ring in it?

Please respond NOT with bumper sticker talk, but with specific points supported by authoritative sources. Thank you.
See previous response.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I corrected your lack of ability to deal with very simple quote tags. You are welcome.

You answer my question first.

I would prefer we simply protect peoples individual liberty. If we do this, people will be able to choose as they will for themselves. It is not my responsibility nor the states to baby after children who can't be responsible for themselves and expect the world to bend for them.

See previous response.

See previous response.

Convenient way of getting out of having to talk about specific points, rather than vague references to "rights" and "liberty." Just as a matter of interest, do you have any education beyond high school?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-02-2016 at 04:54 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 05:57 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
Quote:
"Feminists like to play the victim card"? So, tell me, how would a "non-feminist" respond is similar situations? First of all, do you think there ARE women, in 2016, who TRULY aren't "feminists"?

As a woman, I can assure you that there are PLENTY of women who, in reality, are BIG TIME "feminists" in terms of their life choices, their beliefs, their assumptions, and in terms of how they conduct themselves (hint: they're NO wallflowers). Frequently angry, loud mouthed, aggressive, belligerent, nasty. They've often never married or had kids. They're the kind of women my very traditional grandmother would have insisted are not "real" women. They are to be pitied, she said.

Yet, it is these same women who will turn up their noses at the mention of "feminism" and join in the "feminazi" chants. No way are they one of those "feminists!" There are a couple of women in this thread who I suspect fit that profile.

In light of that, who, in your opinion, is a "feminist," and who isn't?
Most women aren't feminists, they are just regular people going about their daily business. There was a feminist in one of my college classes. She just had to let everyone know by having pins on her backpack, wearing feminist labeled clothing, and trying to insert comments about feminism at every opportunity.

I think those loudmouth feminists are just mad because no man wants to have anything to do with them. Maybe if they'd stop being obnoxious, a man would be interested. But they have to blame "the system" and society for their problems.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:06 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Most women aren't feminists, they are just regular people going about their daily business. There was a feminist in one of my college classes. She just had to let everyone know by having pins on her backpack, wearing feminist labeled clothing, and trying to insert comments about feminism at every opportunity.

I think those loudmouth feminists are just mad because no man wants to have anything to do with them. Maybe if they'd stop being obnoxious, a man would be interested. But they have to blame "the system" and society for their problems.
Actually, it's pretty safe to say that most women (and many men also) ARE feminists because at its simplest it means supporting equality between the sexes and women's rights.

I am a feminist and I too am annoyed by the ones who are uber feminists and feel the need to let everyone know. There are plenty of feminists who go about their lives quietly and have their quiet opinions and maybe do subtle things like certain volunteer work or even something in their careers to support the cause.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:00 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwizitor View Post
Reproductive rights, breast cancer, domestic violence, they already get plenty of attention. Women already get education. Body image, well that's their own responsibility.

Women already get way more than their fair share of attention in many things. Yet they still crave for more. Even children don't demand that much attention.

Maybe it's time for feminists to say thank you to men for creating civilization, pack their bags, and go home. And men really need to stop worshipping women. Women are nothing special.
Glad I'm not married to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies