Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 10:10 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,324,902 times

Advertisements

Just think: we're on the verge of electing a second-class citizen President. Women outlive men. They outnumber male graduates at all levels of higher education. And still the feminists moan and complain.

Want a definition of feminism? Hypocritical privilege masquerading as aggrievedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:34 AM

983 posts, read 737,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just think: we're on the verge of electing a second-class citizen President. Women outlive men. They outnumber male graduates at all levels of higher education. And still the feminists moan and complain.

Want a definition of feminism? Hypocritical privilege masquerading as aggrievedness.
Yep, women in the west don't know the first thing about "oppression". When I hear women talk about being oppressed it's almost always them feeling as if they should be exempt from anything bad ever happening to them or going wrong in their life. They now can also get their "safe spaces" in college and a woman's word alone is all it takes to get a man arrested or at the very least shamed. They make me feel bad being a woman. Not to mention their gender quota. Now if I ever get a job in management I won't know if there were more qualified men that could have gotten it and I am just a quota.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:40 AM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Out of curiosity, how old are you? Seems the older women tend to be more hardcore feminists while at the same time oblivious to the kind of feminist looney tunes get influence and power.

5 Examples Of Feminist Censorship That Will Make You Rethink Online Bullying | Thought Catalog

Male Birth Control: Study Shows 96% Efficacy

Cassie Jaye

https://medium.com/athena-talks/my-f...2ee#.5d9vcfiic

UN Wants To Censor Internet To Save Feminists' Feelings

All self-proclaimed feminists that are into censoring people they don't like or who hurt their feelings. And there are many more. They are far less like Susan Anthony and far more like Andrea Dworkin.
I'm not sure the point your trying to make. Your first link is basically authors not getting articles published in the Huffing Post and a couple guys getting shut down on twitter due to complaints. The Cassie Jaye is again a movie pulled at one theater (in Australia) due to petition. Our system allows petitions and it also allows censorship. Are you trying to say feminists are that politically powerful that they control the media?

The birth control article? How does that relate to feminists? Then you have the women gamer who wrote about her first virtual reality game experience where her avatar was groped while playing an online virtual reality game. Are you saying you believe the act of strange men rubbing and pinching women's privates, her avatar breasts and crotch is acceptable and women should not speak out against it. Granted it wasn't her real body but still the attitude that its ok to grope women. What if it had be a young girl, still ok?

And the UN article ( I went to another linked article), I'm not sure I understand their exact complaints but they had some concerns about internet violence against women:
Quote:
online harassment, public shaming desires to inflict physical harm threats, sexual assaults, murder and induced suicides.
and that none of this was being addressed.

It seems you are against any woman speaking out.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:01 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
This thread amazes me and makes me so sad that so many people these days still have such ignorant views of feminism, even some women. Feminism is extremely important, it is still important today even though major accomplishments have been made (right to vote, own property, stand for election, reproductive rights etc.) there is still much that needs to be changed and this thread is a clear example of that - too many people still think that women are inferior and until those attitudes change, feminism is necessary.
Nailed it. These people don't want to listen, don't want to learn. There is no point going on and on because they'll never get it. They're stuck with their stereotypes and biases and that's all they'll ever see.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
feminist are as individual as the woman herself. all the fear of the "feminazi" or the man hating feminist are from people who fear an independent strong woman. until women are treated fairly and not thought of as second class citizens, not able to control their own reproduction without attempts by certain members of our society to restrict it, the radical feminist will continue to push, as they should.
Also nailed it, especially with that first line.

There is no one type of feminist and the radicals are not the majority.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Also nailed it, especially with that first line.

There is no one type of feminist and the radicals are not the majority.
That's completely irrelevant given that it's the radicals that end up getting the most attention, money, support and know they complain enough things will change to how they like it no matter how absurd it is.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:08 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
Quote:
Yep, women in the west don't know the first thing about "oppression". When I hear women talk about being oppressed it's almost always them feeling as if they should be exempt from anything bad ever happening to them or going wrong in their life. They now can also get their "safe spaces" in college and a woman's word alone is all it takes to get a man arrested or at the very least shamed. They make me feel bad being a woman. Not to mention their gender quota. Now if I ever get a job in management I won't know if there were more qualified men that could have gotten it and I am just a quota.
Ok toots, now make yourself useful and get back in the kitchen.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:11 PM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
[quote=Marleinie;46093938]
Quote:
Yep, women in the west don't know the first thing about "oppression".
Thanks to feminism
Quote:
When I hear women talk about being oppressed it's almost always them feeling as if they should be exempt from anything bad ever happening to them or going wrong in their life.
You actually hear women talk about being oppressed?
Quote:
They now can also get their "safe spaces" in college
So can men.
Quote:
and a woman's word alone is all it takes to get a man arrested or at the very least shamed.
In reality anyone can take a warrant for anyone so long as they can convince the warrant writer a crime has been committed. Thats not always a good thing but I guess its better than not being able to get a warrant.

Quote:
They make me feel bad being a woman. Not to mention their gender quota. Now if I ever get a job in management I won't know if there were more qualified men that could have gotten it and I am just a quota.
At least your allowed to get a job in management.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:14 PM

[quote=2mares;46094823]
Quote:
I'm not sure the point your trying to make. Your first link is basically authors not getting articles published in the Huffing Post and a couple guys getting shut down on twitter due to complaints.
The point is they constantly kow-tow to feminists and feminists can complain and no matter how ridiculous it is they get what they want.

Quote:
The Cassie Jaye is again a movie pulled at one theater (in Australia) due to petition. Our system allows petitions and it also allows censorship. Are you trying to say feminists are that politically powerful that they control the media?
Similar argument as above, feminists ***** enough and they get their way just acting like babies.

Quote:
The birth control article? How does that relate to feminists?
Because feminists are supposedly about equality yet are happy to mock any issues men have.

Quote:
Then you have the women gamer who wrote about her first virtual reality game experience where her avatar was groped while playing an online virtual reality game. Are you saying you believe the act of strange men rubbing and pinching women's privates, her avatar breasts and crotch is acceptable and women should not speak out against it. Granted it wasn't her real body but still the attitude that its ok to grope women. What if it had be a young girl, still ok?
Because feminists know people aren't going to look very deep into it, if you actually played the game you'd know you don't even have a body, all it shows is your helmet, bow and arrows and hands. Showing she is full of it.

Quote:
And the UN article ( I went to another linked article), I'm not sure I understand their exact complaints but they had some concerns about internet violence against women: and that none of this was being addressed.

It seems you are against any woman speaking out.
What they are arguing for is censorship and basically if you hurt their feelings that should be enough to get you banned/censored.

I am only against the crazy nut job women from speaking out, the women that complain about non-issues, and try to change things to a regressive state.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
That's completely irrelevant given that it's the radicals that end up getting the most attention, money, support and know they complain enough things will change to how they like it no matter how absurd it is.
Proof that they get the most support and money? Proof that they'll get their way?

They only get the most attention because people give it to them. People like you spending time moaning about them on a message board...

It's not at all irrelevant when you act like there's only one type of feminism and s*it on the entire movement because of your personal bias. Bottom line is these radicals are a MINORITY like radicals of any movement almost always are. Point is you can be a feminist without being a radical and having those views you detest so much. Point is you are probably a feminist if you agree and support the basic definition of feminism - no matter how much you want to deny it because you don't want to be associated with the radicals as if you somehow will be by admitting you have feminist ideals and are probably a feminist. Point is there is not just one type of feminist and you can be a feminist while disliking the goals and ideals of the extremists. Stop fighting and trying to discredit the entire movement so much when in reality you're only fighting and disliking a very small faction of the movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies